Mad Dog - "You can't tell me he (Prescott) is a Top 10 QB". Booger McFarland disagrees

erod

Reaction score
I watched the New Orleans game and their passing game was atrocious. New England’s defense finished number two overall last season.
Take away the long Pollard run, and our offense did nothing against New Orleans. The Saints didn't even have a QB that day. If Winston played, we would have lost.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I believe the team saw Romo and Dak in practice and determined Dak was the better fit.

As far as practice is concerned, I remember reports about how Romo was killing the starting defense with Rico. Singlehandedly created the Rico Legend that plagued some posters for a couple years.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I don't believe 12-13 are that great of QBs. They're just kinda okay.

There's not a lot of truly great QBs in the NFL (Allen, Burrow, Stafford, Herbert) and even less actual elite QBs (Rodgers, Brady, and Mahomes is it for me)

Once you get past the top 7 or 8 QBs then you're replaceable to me.

Agree! I think Dak can be great and other days he’s completely mediocre. There is no love/hate. Just a rollercoaster. I said this in another thread…like 8-15 in rankings is fluid. A bunch of guys who can look like All Pros one day and average the next. You won’t be great every game in the NFL but to be top notch you need some consistency.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't believe 12-13 are that great of QBs. They're just kinda okay.

There's not a lot of truly great QBs in the NFL (Allen, Burrow, Stafford, Herbert) and even less actual elite QBs (Rodgers, Brady, and Mahomes is it for me)

Once you get past the top 7 or 8 QBs then you're replaceable to me.

Justin Herbert hasn’t even led the Chargers to the playoffs yet. He puts up numbers but he’s only led the Chargers to 15 wins his first two seasons. Dak has a win over him. Herbert is highly talented but hasn’t done anything yet. If you’re going to replace a QB because they’re not ranked in the top 7 or 8 according to your ranking you’ll be spending a lot of time and draft picks looking for a QB. Dak is a lot better than you give him credit for.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Take away the long Pollard run, and our offense did nothing against New Orleans. The Saints didn't even have a QB that day. If Winston played, we would have lost.

Our OL and running game was fading fast by the New Orleans game. I agree the Saints didn’t have a QB that day they had an RB who put up over 100 yards rushing from the QB position. If the Saints had Jameis Winston at QB he would have thrown just as many INTs if not more.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Justin Herbert hasn’t even led the Chargers to the playoffs yet. He puts up numbers but he’s only led the Chargers to 15 wins his first two seasons. Dak has a win over him. Herbert is highly talented but hasn’t done anything yet. If you’re going to replace a QB because they’re not ranked in the top 7 or 8 according to your ranking you’ll be spending a lot of time and draft picks looking for a QB. Dak is a lot better than you give him credit for.
Wins are a team stat.

Daks rookie year the Cowboys went 13-3 while Dak threw for 23 TDs and 3,600 yards.
Herberts rookie year the Chargers went 6-9 with him while Herbert threw for 31 TDs and 4,300 yards

However, Dak had 3 1st team All-Pro linemen and a RB that won the rushing title by over 300 yards.
Herberts leading rusher had 530 yards.

If you cannot see the difference there and still want to make believe Dak is better because of a team stat like W/L then by all means, go wild, but I'll choose the uber talented guy instead.

GINeric

Reaction score
And again you miss the point. YOU...are the kind of person that actually DOES "use stats to work when you want them to".

Context is extremely important. I don't like our NFC East record...which some people actually BRAG about.....once a lethal feared division but it's been pretty weak in recent years.

We "own" the division but only won one playoff game in six years? The whole division sucks!

Not sure I really care what you think because you are the kind of guy that threatens to come beat up people when they get chippy with you...on an internet forum message board. That says all we need to know.

I don't threaten them because they say something stupid once or twice. Its when they continually toss the insults, so i offer them the opportunity to do it in person, not consistently behind a keyboard.

People like that have so much energy behind that keyboard, but are afraid to take advantage of that up close and personal opportunity they're afforded.

With that said, i understand everything else you said and thats fine. That last part you typed was really unnecessary though and leads right to what i was talking about. You give off the vibes of those few im talking about.

That says all I need to know....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wins are a team stat.

Daks rookie year the Cowboys went 13-3 while Dak threw for 23 TDs and 3,600 yards.
Herberts rookie year the Chargers went 6-9 with him while Herbert threw for 31 TDs and 4,300 yards

However, Dak had 3 1st team All-Pro linemen and a RB that won the rushing title by over 300 yards.
Herberts leading rusher had 530 yards.

If you cannot see the difference there and still want to make believe Dak is better because of a team stat like W/L then by all means, go wild, but I'll choose the uber talented guy instead.

Wins are a QB stat which is why QBs have a W/L record. QBs are ultimately judged on their W/L record. When Dak puts up big numbers and the Cowboys lose you scoff at the numbers claiming they’re empty. It’s all part of your agenda. By the way I never said Dak was better than Herbert.

erod

Reaction score
As far as practice is concerned, I remember reports about how Romo was killing the starting defense with Rico. Singlehandedly created the Rico Legend that plagued some posters for a couple years.
Almost reached Adrian Hamilton territory.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Wins are a QB stat which is why QBs have a W/L record. QBs are ultimately judged on their W/L record. When Dak puts up big numbers and the Cowboys lose you scoff at the numbers claiming they’re empty. It’s all part of your agenda. By the way I never said Dak was better than Herbert.
You can judge QBs on their W/L record, but I chose not to.

I scoff at numbers like the Browns game in 2020 where Dak put up big numbers while down 41-14 entering the 4th quarter. I don't scoff at EVERYTHING, just the most obvious number podding stuff. Ya know? Like throwing 5 TD passes against the Eagles practice squad last year or the 2 TD passes against Denver last year in the last 3 minutes of that blow out loss.

Do you think Dak is a better QB than just Herbert?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agree! I think Dak can be great and other days he’s completely mediocre. There is no love/hate. Just a rollercoaster. I said this in another thread…like 8-15 in rankings is fluid. A bunch of guys who can look like All Pros one day and average the next. You won’t be great every game in the NFL but to be top notch you need some consistency.
So I’m looking at Patrick Mahomes games last year…..very I consistent to say the least.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I scoff at numbers like the Browns game in 2020 where Dak put up big numbers while down 41-14 entering the 4th quarter. I don't scoff at EVERYTHING, just the most obvious number podding stuff. Ya know? Like throwing 5 TD passes against the Eagles practice squad last year or the 2 TD passes against Denver last year in the last 3 minutes of that blow out loss.

Anyone with credibility who knows football judges QBs on their W/L record. You scoff at Dak’s high production but are talking up Justin Herbert because of his numbers. Lol After two seasons he has a losing QB record. He has a better arm than Dak and he’s a better passer but I’m not sold he’s a better overall QB. He’s going to have to start winning more games and getting to the playoffs or he’ll end up being another Matt Stafford until he gets on a better team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

But can’t you not do this for every quarterback? You can literally pick games where they had a advantage to the opposing team. Does Herbert stats in losses count?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
But can’t you not do this for every quarterback? You can literally pick games where they had a advantage to the opposing team. Does Herbert stats in losses count?
They count yes, just like Daks count, but if you can't see the skill and talent difference between Dak and Herbert then you're not wanting to see it.

Stats are not the end all be all when it comes to a player. If players were evaluated simply by their stats then Josh Allen would have never been drafted.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Anyone with credibility who knows football judges QBs on their W/L record. You scoff at Dak’s high production but are talking up Justin Herbert because of his numbers. Lol After two seasons he has a losing QB record. He has a better arm than Dak and he’s a better passer but I’m not sold he’s a better overall QB. He’s going to have to start winning more games and getting to the playoffs or he’ll end up being another Matt Stafford until he gets on a better team.
I only brought up the numbers to prove my point that W/L is a team stat by showing you how much more productive Herbert was his rookie season compared to Dak, but yet the Cowboys won 13 games and the Chargers won 6.

You don't think Zeke winning the rushing title by over 300 yards helped win 13 games in 2016? You think it was all Dak?

You don't think Herbert's leading rusher his rookie season only having 530 yards hurt the Chargers chances a lot?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I only brought up the numbers to prove my point that W/L is a team stat by showing you how much more productive Herbert was his rookie season compared to Dak, but yet the Cowboys won 13 games and the Chargers won 6.

You don't think Zeke winning the rushing title by over 300 yards helped win 13 games in 2016? You think it was all Dak?

You don't think Herbert's leading rusher his rookie season only having 530 yards hurt the Chargers chances a lot?

Here you are saying W/L is a team stat but blame Dak when the Cowboys lose. Lol Every time we lose you always point the finger at him. You continue to talk up Justin Herbert’s production in losses but trash Dak when he’s productive if it doesn’t lead to a win. The Cowboys offense in 2016 revolved around Zeke and the running game. Dak wasn’t having to carry the team with the passing game. The Chargers would be a lot better off if they had a running game and Herbert wasn’t having to pass for 5000 yards.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Here you are saying W/L is a team stat but blame Dak when the Cowboys lose. Lol You continue to talk up Justin Herbert’s production in losses but trash Dak when he’s productive if it doesn’t lead to a win. The Cowboys offense in 2016 revolved around Zeke and the running game. Dak wasn’t having to carry the team with the passing game. The Chargers would be a lot better off if Justin Herbert wasn’t having to pass for 5000 yards.
You shouldn't lump every person that criticizes Dak under 1 umbrella and believe they all think the same.

I don't blame losses solely on the QB. Others might do that, but I don't.

If you don't want W/L to be a team stat then fine, that's you, but I just ask you to keep that same energy in losses too. Because it seems you only want to give Dak credit for wins, but you want to absolve him from the losses if his numbers look good in the box score.

GINeric

Reaction score
He isn't an Imposter QB would be more on target........
A lucky guy(666) who had 2 QB fall down for him to start and had around him primo talent from Dez to rook Zeke and offline from heaven.
In the end, what did he do with all that talent.........1 playoff win!
Enough said.....

One playoff win in 5 full seasons. P. Manning and Brees only had one playoff win in their first 5 season too, Stafford had zero....

Enough said to them too lil guy???

DonaldM

Reaction score
Lemme guess mountaineer cowboy still saying Dak Sucks, admiring

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You shouldn't lump every person that criticizes Dak under 1 umbrella and believe they all think the same.

I don't blame losses solely on the QB. Others might do that, but I don't.

If you don't want W/L to be a team stat then fine, that's you, but I just ask you to keep that same energy in losses too. Because it seems you only want to give Dak credit for wins, but you want to absolve him from the losses if his numbers look good in the box score.

All the ones that criticize him come here and have an agenda to do it every day. Every time we lose a game you, poopy and the rest of the Dak haters bounce from one thread to another trashing him. I’ve given you enough of my time today.