Mad Dog - "You can't tell me he (Prescott) is a Top 10 QB". Booger McFarland disagrees

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Im not coming at you but Mahomes is another level than Dak. If you are trying to say Daks on that level but had an off year then we can stop debating now because it’s comical…and I like Dak. Mahomes took KC to another level. I’m not sure why he’s your comparison. Him going to AFCCG snd SB has something to do with it because we spoke of consistency and KC has gone to one or the other every year he’s been there. It’s not just him but weirdly they weren’t getting there before. There was nothing controversial in what I said earlier. 8-15 are fluid and up and down and usually the top guys are consistent in how they work but not perfect.
You’re doing a lot of assuming. I never said Dak was Mahomes level. You’re missing my point. What I’m saying is if the great Patrick Mahomes was inconsistent last year and had some subpar games then why is Dak….the lowly 4th round quarterback bus driver is held to a higher standard than he is? The point is…guys are going to have stinkers. I don’t care what name you use. You don’t like me using Mahomes? Ok use Brady. Use Stafford. Use Lamar. Use Allen. Use Russel. No matter what caliber of quarterback you use you will see the same result. Guys aren’t going to have 17 great games.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
You’re doing a lot of assuming. I never said Dak was Mahomes level. You’re missing my point. What I’m saying is if the great Patrick Mahomes was inconsistent last year and had some subpar games then why is Dak….the lowly 4th round quarterback bus driver is held to a higher standard than he is? The point is…guys are going to have stinkers. I don’t care what name you use. You don’t like me using Mahomes? Ok use Brady. Use Stafford. Use Lamar. Use Allen. Use Russel. No matter what caliber of quarterback you use you will see the same result. Guys aren’t going to have 17 great games.

This honestly makes me think you don’t read posts before running to type. I never said I held Dak to a different standard or the guys are perfect. In fact in the post you first quoted I put “you won’t be great in the NFL every game.” Was that invisible to you? Don’t know what else to say. This board is amazing.

Flamma

Reaction score

I think he's talking about team consistency when you have a great QB. Peyton Manning teams, Big Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, all seem to have their teams in the mix or contenders every year. There might be some blips in there. You don't see that kind of consistent success from teams with QBs at a lower level.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This honestly makes me think you don’t read posts before running to type. I never said I held Dak to a different standard or the guys are perfect. In fact in the post you first quoted I put “you won’t be great in the NFL every game.” Was that invisible to you? Don’t know what else to say. This board is amazing.
Jesus….this is the post I’m referring to. You said some games he can be a All Pro and some games he can be mediocre. Now you’re back peddling. You even acknowledge this was Mahomes last year but he’s a SB winner so he gets the pass. You’re being confrontational and getting frustrated simply by me asking you questions. The energy you’re bringing isn’t even necessary….when y’all can’t get y’all point across you start acting like children. It’s really not that serious…
Agree! I think Dak can be great and other days he’s completely mediocre. There is no love/hate. Just a rollercoaster. I said this in another thread…like 8-15 in rankings is fluid. A bunch of guys who can look like All Pros one day and average the next. You won’t be great every game in the NFL but to be top notch you need some consistency.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think he's talking about team consistency when you have a great QB. Peyton Manning teams, Big Ben, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, all seem to have their teams in the mix or contenders every year. There might be some blips in there. You don't see that kind of consistent success from teams with QBs at a lower level.
He’s not talking about team success. He said nothing about team success. I even brought up Mahomes last year looking at a All Pro times and being mediocre(his words not mine) and he said he can do that because he’s a SB winner and Dak isn’t. Had he said team success I’d agree with him but he’s had a back and forth with me for 3 posts now and he never mentioned he was referring to team success…instead he’s replied back with statements like “your precious” and “you think Dak and Mahomes are of the same caliber”….never came out of my mouth lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
With no expectations of winning another SB as long as he’s under center.

You know, the GM has to do his part too. Every team isn't run equally. A GM has to understand what it takes, and evaluating your QB is a big part of that. We went through this with Romo for how many years? He was every bit as good or better than Stafford. Jerry has to recognize what we have at QB and build accordingly. If Jimmy Garoppolo can get to a SB and a conference championship game, that should tell us all we need to know about our GM.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
That is what I think as well. dak isnt bad , he just isnt real good.
there are 32 starting qb's and most are like dak or a little worse.

I think the upper tier is probably only about 7 qb's that stand above all the others.
As for daks pay, he had jerry convinced he is the guy, so jerry paid what he had to , to keep him.
all the qb's are overpaid, including the true top 7.

market price thing, just keeps driving it up.

Yes. I have a hard time discussing wether he is a top 7, 10 or 15 NFL QB. To me that says nothing about his play. Right now we may have 1 elite QB in the NFL and maybe 5-6 good ones. After that there are a lot of average or bad ones. Maybe 3 years from now this will change. So if you say Prescott is top 7, 10 or 15 it essentially means nothing.

I had a post some time ago where i defined my own levels of demand for an NFL QB. In that time i had Prescott slotted as an average QB. The only point where i judged him good was in his ability of pre snap reading. That was the only reason i didnt view him as a bad NFL QB.

Now after this season and especially after Kurt Warners break down of Prescotts pre snap ability i had to change my opinion. He isnt even good at pre snaps reads. At most average. That drops him for me down to the bad NFL QB level.

Still, what keeps him alive in the NFL is imo that he has a great OC in Moore who is able to scheme plays for him where he actually has only 1 read to do. Basically he has to read one defensive player and throw the ball to his receiver accordingly. That of course will work only against bad defenses. The better ones know how to disguise or know about primary targets and tendencies and are able to take them away. That is where no OC can help out an bad player anymore. And that he is one is what Dak proves us year in and year out.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Jesus….this is the post I’m referring to. You said some games he can be a All Pro and some games he can be mediocre. Now you’re back peddling. You even acknowledge this was Mahomes last year but he’s a SB winner so he gets the pass. You’re being confrontational and getting frustrated simply by me asking you questions. The energy you’re bringing isn’t even necessary….when y’all can’t get y’all point across you start acting like children. It’s really not that serious…

It's everyone but you, eh kiddo? lol
So you can’t answer a simple question lol….you meddled into me and another persons debate just to bail out when you’ve been proven silly. Happens like clockwork….

You don't go outside and interact with humans much, I'm betting. It really shows.

Miller

Reaction score

Dude are you even reading what you write? My original post wasn’t pro or con Dak. The same post says “you won’t be great every game.” It’s basic but you got all up in arms about Dak. Reread your posts..you seem to be putting down Mahomes to prop up Dak. It’s strange. You’re the child here. I’ve never been against Dak so your posts are just defensive for no reason. It’s like you’re projecting. Mahomes isn’t perfect by any means but he also steps up when needed. You said 1 SB win gives him a pass. No, his pass comes from Yr 1 Starter: AFCCG Yr 2: Super Bowl Winner Yr 3: Super Bowl Loser Yr 4: AFCCG after one of the best games ever be Buffalo. He’s got a 105.3 career passer rating. He’s a league and SB MVP. I don’t know what the argument is. I literally said QBs aren’t perfect. Issue is Dak is streaky every year. He can be top 5 or 15. It’s not a hot of the press quote. Again it’s weird because you are grouping in some sort of anti-Dak thing when I haven’t on this board.

Last edited:

Miller

Reaction score
He’s not talking about team success. He said nothing about team success. I even brought up Mahomes last year looking at a All Pro times and being mediocre(his words not mine) and he said he can do that because he’s a SB winner and Dak isn’t. Had he said team success I’d agree with him but he’s had a back and forth with me for 3 posts now and he never mentioned he was referring to team success…instead he’s replied back with statements like “your precious” and “you think Dak and Mahomes are of the same caliber”….never came out of my mouth lol.

You literally are making up quotes. I never said he can be mediocre because of a SB win. I said he consistently puts his team in position to win SBs…yearly. Did you see his playoff win vs Bills despite your “mediocre” season. You literally went after my post for ZERO reason. Go read your work. You are the issue here because you took a fair post defensively. I can now see why you are always in the latter part of these threads

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My Precious? Not sure why you're coming at me like that I'm just speaking facts. I'm not sure what Mahomes going to the AFCCG or SB has to do with anything. If anything that works in my favor. So even a great QB who's won a SB had a inconsistent year last year....yet for some reason the bar is higher for Dak for some strange reason. I don't get it. I also think its weird that Mahomes is getting sole credit for that SB but that's for another discussion.
Comes with the territory. Romo has some very good stats...not just in Cowboys...not just during his time.....but in NFL history. top 20-30 in several stats. And yet some people still call him a bum and is "hated".

Dak also has some decent stats...so far.

We still have nothing to show for it.

Many people call Dak a very good "leader". To be a leader...you have to lead...to somewhere. Where? I don;t say that as a "knock". A QB doesn't HAVE to be the defacto supreme leader. And shouldn't get the free pass just because he's the QB, comes to work every day and buys new Nikes.

If you ARE going to be called a "leader"...then you gotta take the heat.

jnday

Reaction score
There you go lumping anyone that criticizes Dak under 1 umbrella thinking that they all say the same things.

That is a very simplistic way of looking at it. You should judge each person by what they say after the games. Don't think that because I criticize Dak today that I wouldn't praise him for playing well when he does. Because I have done just that. I had him as the MVP last season through 6 weeks then everything fell apart.
You are wasting your breath. Being a Dak hater, I intentionally avoid posting about Dak for 2-3 days are a loss. I know several more posters that avoids posting for a couple of days because they don’t want to give the appearance of “rubbing it in” after Dak has bad games. You can post until your fingers falls off , but you are going to be labeled as a hater. It doesn’t matter if you try to be fair, you will still be a hater. Embrace the hate.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Comes with the territory. Romo has some very good stats...not just in Cowboys...not just during his time.....but in NFL history. top 20-30 in several stats. And yet some people still call him a bum and is "hated".

Many people call Dak a very good "leader". To be a leader...you have to lead...to somewhere. Where? I don;t say that as a "knock". A QB doesn't HAVE to be the defacto supreme leader. And shouldn't get the free pass just because he's the QB, comes to work every day and buys new Nikes.

Quote)To be a leader...you have to lead...to somewhere.(Quote

This.......

:(

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dude are you even reading what you write? My original post wasn’t pro or con Dak. The same post says “you won’t be great every game.” It’s basic but you got all up in arms about Dak. Reread your posts..you seem to be putting down Mahomes to prop up Dak. It’s strange. You’re the child here. I’ve never been against Dak so your posts are just defensive for no reason. It’s like you’re projecting. Mahomes isn’t perfect by any means but he also steps up when needed. You said 1 SB win gives him a pass. No, his pass comes from Yr 1 Starter: AFCCG Yr 2: Super Bowl Winner Yr 3: Super Bowl Loser Yr 4: AFCCG after one of the best games ever be Buffalo. He’s got a 105.3 career passer rating. He’s a league and SB MVP. I don’t know what the argument is. I literally said QBs aren’t perfect. Issue is Dak is streaky every year. He can be top 5 or 15. It’s not a hot of the press quote. Again it’s weird because you are grouping in some sort of anti-Dak thing when I haven’t on this board.
You said Dak can be a All Pro at times and can be mediocre at times. My argument is you just described every good qb in the league. You disagree fine. I’m not going to go back and forth with the insults agree to disagree and move on. It’s pointless.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You literally are making up quotes. I never said he can be mediocre because of a SB win. I said he consistently puts his team in position to win SBs…yearly. Did you see his playoff win vs Bills despite your “mediocre” season. You literally went after my post for ZERO reason. Go read your work. You are the issue here because you took a fair post defensively. I can now see why you are always in the latter part of these threads
You’re not special lol. I literally replied to your post like I did 3 other people and you’re up and arms and sensitive about it. I didn’t make anything up it’s exactly what you said. Where did I say Mahomes had a mediocre season lol? But I’m the one making stuff up? Huh?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I never called him a leader personally.

It’s all overrated sports fodder for fans to argue over and talking heads to talk about every morning on ESPN.

If you win and have stats you are elite. If you win a SB you’re a great leader….it means nothing. These titles mean nothing. Only one guy can win a ring every year. So since Stafford did it with the Rams but couldn’t with the Lions that means he was a bad leader who turned good?