Mad Dog - "You can't tell me he (Prescott) is a Top 10 QB". Booger McFarland disagrees

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Wins are a team stat.

Daks rookie year the Cowboys went 13-3 while Dak threw for 23 TDs and 3,600 yards.
Herberts rookie year the Chargers went 6-9 with him while Herbert threw for 31 TDs and 4,300 yards

However, Dak had 3 1st team All-Pro linemen and a RB that won the rushing title by over 300 yards.
Herberts leading rusher had 530 yards.

If you cannot see the difference there and still want to make believe Dak is better because of a team stat like W/L then by all means, go wild, but I'll choose the uber talented guy instead.
You still gone tune in to watch him.

Dre11

Reaction score
Dak and Herbert have done nothing in terms of leading their team to success and it's not all their faults, because it's a team game.

Yet you talk about Dak like he's Brady or something and Herbert is Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Lol...tables turn a d watch the dude burn...lol talk about crying Dak's better and accomplished more, nobody mentioned Brady or Fitz but you.
Got em squirming...lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You used almost the entire offense to try and throw Dak under the bus as if Dak was just along for the ride...lol
You're confusing pointing out that we had other great players as throwing Dak under the bus?

You don't think we had other great players on that offense? We had 4 1st team all-pros on that offense in 2016. Dak wasn't a 1st or 2nd team all-pro.

Why does that bother you? Are you only here for Dak? You'd think you want to recognize the great players around Dak, not try and minimize them to prop Dak up.

I think I'm moving on from this convo now. It's going nowhere.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm so glad minds have been changed and agendas have been furthered in this thread.

I think progress has been made here and we should appreciate this.

Good job guys!

Dre11

Reaction score
You're confusing pointing out that we had other great players as throwing Dak under the bus?

You don't think we had other great players on that offense? We had 4 1st team all-pros on that offense in 2016. Dak wasn't a 1st or 2nd team all-pro.

Why does that bother you? Are you only here for Dak? You'd think you want to recognize the great players around Dak, not try and minimize them to prop Dak up.

I think I'm moving on from this convo now. It's going nowhere.

You open up a thread about Dak, spend a day/days criticizing Dak and ask me if this is about Dak. Just take your beating and run along

GINeric

Reaction score
And see this is why I ssay you cherry pick your stats. What about Mahommes? I'm pretty football dumb I'd have to go look for others. But you and I know they are there. But...you cherry picked stats to prove yourself right. See what I mean?

My whole point is.... people can't use "one playoff win" in 5 seasons as a way to look down on Dak, but fail to look down on P. Manning, Brees, and a host of other quarterbacks at the same point in time with just one playoff win.

If you're going to criticized one player for one playoff with, the other players deserve the same criticism. As a matter of fact, a 1st round quarterback should be criticized MORE than a 4th round pick, correct??? Too many people here try to use one playoff win in 5 seasons as some kind of measuring stick failure for Dak, but didn't do that for the other quarterbacks I've named.

That's called being hypocritical. Im not saying you do this, but there are others who do.

Ive heard all kinds of other excuses and passes for P. Manning and Brees getting only one playoff win and 5 years, also excuses and passes for Matthew Stafford. Manning and Stafford were 1st round picks, Brees was a second round pick. Those guys are EXPECTED to lead teams to the playoffs and beyond and had the same results as a 4th round Dak within 5 seasons.

But they got the benefit of the doubt in 5 seasons after one and zero playoff (Stafford) wins but Dak can't get the same benefit??? Get the hell outta here...

And Manning and Brees had better coaching on top of that....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think I am "fair" with Dak and I admit that I am more vocal when he is bad. The emotions run higher when we lose also, but that's no excuse.

Even then I don't care to praise him if it's deserved, but I get so much heat for criticizing him when he doesn't do well that I am admittingly more vocal when he is bad as kind of a "told ya so" to those posters.
Are you sure that the heat comes from criticizing though? What's your idea of criticizing Dak?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Are you sure that the heat comes from criticizing though? What's your idea of criticizing Dak?
I think we have some very sensitive posters here that are very vocal about attacking anyone that says anything other than praise for Dak.

I get the same heat from them if I say "Dak played bad" then I would if I say "Dak is a bum that needs to be released".

You know who they are.

But my idea of criticism is simply pointing out bad play. I go a little harder when challenged of course, but that's the nature of the game. I'll go from "Dak played horrible" to "Dak is a bum that needs released" real quick depending on how someone comes at me for my opinion just out of pettiness.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think we have some very sensitive posters here that are very vocal about attacking anyone that says anything other than praise for Dak.

I get the same heat from them if I say "Dak played bad" then I would if I say "Dak is a bum that needs to be released".

You know who they are.

But my idea of criticism is simply pointing out bad play. I go a little harder when challenged of course, but that's the nature of the game. I'll go from "Dak played horrible" to "Dak is a bum that needs released" real quick depending on how someone comes at me for my opinion just out of pettiness.
And I'm pretty sure the heat you're getting comes from the "Dak is a bum" type comments lol. And the going out of your way to discredit him at any chance you get. To the point of posting what Mad Dog Russo says lol....knowing damn well Mad Dog is probably worse than Cowerd and Stephen A lol.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
So I’m looking at Patrick Mahomes games last year…..very I consistent to say the least.

Yet he consistently has gotten his team to an AFCCG or a SB. Like EVERYTIME. Dude back off. No one is hurting your “precious.” Just saying most of the greats have consistently done things. We haven’t had that in forever with any of the favorite flavors…Romo or Dak. Reality is Dak was great in starts and then was horrible in stretches. The guy has the potential of greatness. It’s not a knock

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yet he consistently has gotten his team to an AFCCG or a SB. Like EVERYTIME. Dude back off. No one is hurting your “precious.” Just saying most of the greats have consistently done things. We haven’t had that in forever with any of the favorite flavors…Romo or Dak.

My Precious? Not sure why you're coming at me like that I'm just speaking facts. I'm not sure what Mahomes going to the AFCCG or SB has to do with anything. If anything that works in my favor. So even a great QB who's won a SB had a inconsistent year last year....yet for some reason the bar is higher for Dak for some strange reason. I don't get it. I also think its weird that Mahomes is getting sole credit for that SB but that's for another discussion.

Dre11

Reaction score
I don't know what anyone in here has to do with anything. People in general say positive things about the people they like, whether or not it's true.

So you just assume people are lying.
..lol

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
My Precious? Not sure why you're coming at me like that I'm just speaking facts. I'm not sure what Mahomes going to the AFCCG or SB has to do with anything. If anything that works in my favor. So even a great QB who's won a SB had a inconsistent year last year....yet for some reason the bar is higher for Dak for some strange reason. I don't get it. I also think its weird that Mahomes is getting sole credit for that SB but that's for another discussion.

Im not coming at you but Mahomes is another level than Dak. If you are trying to say Daks on that level but had an off year then we can stop debating now because it’s comical…and I like Dak. Mahomes took KC to another level. I’m not sure why he’s your comparison. Him going to AFCCG snd SB has something to do with it because we spoke of consistency and KC has gone to one or the other every year he’s been there. It’s not just him but weirdly they weren’t getting there before. There was nothing controversial in what I said earlier. 8-15 are fluid and up and down and usually the top guys are consistent in how they work but not perfect.