Madden 10

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2887208 said:
So I made a online franchise with some of my buddies..

You have to sit through 54 rounds!!!! You can pause it and pick it up the next day but still. It took almost 2 hours to finish and that was with only 4 people and using 15 seconds after round 23..

What the hell, you can't sim at all in the online franchise? What about between user picks at least?

This is the kind of crap that pisses me off, you spent the time implementing it and then it's like no one ever bothered to actually play it. You mean to tell me that during player testing, no one ever came out and said, "Hey, maybe we should put in simulating part of the fantasy draft online, no one wants to sit through 54 rounds."?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2887264 said:
What the hell, you can't sim at all in the online franchise? What about between user picks at least?

This is the kind of crap that pisses me off, you spent the time implementing it and then it's like no one ever bothered to actually play it. You mean to tell me that during player testing, no one ever came out and said, "Hey, maybe we should put in simulating part of the fantasy draft online, no one wants to sit through 54 rounds."?

It's a complete joke and ripoff. I'm so pissed off about it. You can't sim online franchise drafts. There's options to have it 15/30/45/60 seconds between picks.

It's nothing like the offline franchise mode. You can't have strategies,you can't have schemes and the trades are a joke. There's no salary cap or CPU rejected trades so you can trade Jason Hatcher for Haloti Ntata straight up.

Oh and by the way...you have to wait ONE FULL FREAKING HOUR to advance ONE week. Don't even ask me why..I wish I knew what the game developers were thinking. I seriously want my money back. False advertisement. I just don't understand why they can't have the online franchise the same as the offline.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2887601 said:
It's a complete joke and ripoff. I'm so pissed off about it. You can't sim online franchise drafts. There's options to have it 15/30/45/60 seconds between picks.

It's nothing like the offline franchise mode. You can't have strategies,you can't have schemes and the trades are a joke. There's no salary cap or CPU rejected trades so you can trade Jason Hatcher for Haloti Ntata straight up.

Oh and by the way...you have to wait ONE FULL FREAKING HOUR to advance ONE week. Don't even ask me why..I wish I knew what the game developers were thinking. I seriously want my money back. False advertisement. I just don't understand why they can't have the online franchise the same as the offline.

lol, total garbage. if you haddnt realized, the real talent at EA is working on NHL and FIFA, they send the total azzz clowns to tiburon to make Madden.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Cochese;2887611 said:
lol, total garbage. if you haddnt realized, the real talent at EA is working on NHL and FIFA, they send the total azzz clowns to tiburon to make Madden.

You ain't lying man. I'm seriously done with Madden. This is 3 straight years I've been disappointed. I'm mooching off my friends Madden from now on.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2887638 said:
You ain't lying man. I'm seriously done with Madden. This is 3 straight years I've been disappointed. I'm mooching off my friends Madden from now on.

I dont even understand how the FIFA people made a new engine, new animations, full physics, etc, and Madden is still in ps2 mode. Blows my mind.

FIFA is arguably the most realistic sports game, while Madden is still playing highschool 7 on 7 tournaments.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2887638 said:

this is the first madden i have bought since 07, and the same problems persist. No route based passing system, 3,5,7 step drops dont matter AT ALL, the offensive line is still ********, they have no idea what they are doing most of the time, and the 3-4 defense is completely broke. Total bummer we have total *** clowns making this game.

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
Cochese;2887611 said:

I pretty much disagree with pretty much everything you just said. I play NHL and i can say that madden gets all the attention, there is alot of really BS things in NHL. For exaple there is a glitch in the game where a way you take a shot its going in everytime, oh theres about 4 of those shots. Another glitch is where you can be ahead on the scoreboard but some punk *** kid glitches out of the game and you take the loss. EA spends everything they have on Madden.NHL is complete BS.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
romoakatruebeast;2887690 said:
I pretty much disagree with pretty much everything you just said. I play NHL and i can say that madden gets all the attention, there is alot of really BS things in NHL. For exaple there is a glitch in the game where a way you take a shot its going in everytime, oh theres about 4 of those shots. Another glitch is where you can be ahead on the scoreboard but some punk *** kid glitches out of the game and you take the loss. EA spends everything they have on Madden.NHL is complete BS.

Nah, if they cared about Madden, they would care about what a 3-4 defense is supposed to do.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
romoakatruebeast;2887715 said:
EA sports is pretty much a joke all around.

I wont let you slander the fine people who make FIFA. Its the Tiburon people who are a joke.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cochese;2887668 said:
I dont even understand how the FIFA people made a new engine, new animations, full physics, etc, and Madden is still in ps2 mode. Blows my mind.

FIFA is arguably the most realistic sports game, while Madden is still playing highschool 7 on 7 tournaments.

Fifa has a ton of bugs too.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2887735 said:
Fifa has a ton of bugs too.

It has a few, but they arent as bad as not knowing what a 3-4 defense should do. I have played almost 1000 games of FIFA 09 online, the biggest problem with FIFA is fake Ronaldo and what he can do, thats easily negated by not playing against Man Noob. The 3-4 defense faults plague this game. I want to like it so badly, but the same **** from Madden 05 is popping up...yet again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Anyone having problems throwing deep passes down the sideline????

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2887601 said:

See this is what I don't understand. The people that review this game still give it high ratings and I saw NONE of this mentioned. Online franchises was supposed to be a hot new feature, and not one game reviewer encountered this and thought it was worth raising hell about?

That there is no salary cap or trade AI is just ****ing stupid. That just completely ruins the entire thing for me right there.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Every year its like this with Madden and NCAA. There's always a couple of serious faults, like stupid AI, stonehand recievers, overly godly CBs, etc. etc. Eventually (in the case of NCAA) my friends and I just learned to accept that the games are going to have huge faults if we wanted to play some videogame football. I have been annoyed with every madden game since 2k lost the license, so I just don't bother anymore. I thought about going back this year, but reading about all this I don't think I will.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For those of us who just wanted to see more natural life like game play I think it is really good.

Im sorry that the franchise mode sucks but i'd never play that anyways.

As far as the game play is concerned it is the best football game ever made.

There is a few imperfections but it is hard to get much better than this.

You can't just go all arcade style and hold sprint the entire time. You have to actually read a defense too.

I also like when you run the ball or return punts or kicks it feels like you are really running with that player.

If you use someone like Felix Jones you feel so agile on the sticks.

BTW, I wonder if all these people online who are Dallas haters realised how bad Felix Jones was going to pwn people on this game. Marty B and Miles Austin are match up problems too.

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
Anyone know how long the contract b/w EA and the NFL is?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
JLAZeroSeven;2888812 said:
Anyone know how long the contract b/w EA and the NFL is?

They just renewed it. I'm guessing it'll last as long as EA is willing to pay for it.