Madden 10

Ren

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a playbook i like this year :(

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
JLAZeroSeven;2889915 said:
I heard a patch is coming out pretty soon to fix a few of the gameplay issues. Still a fun game though, then again I just like football video games in general.

That's the eternal story of Madden.

And I think it was Catch that said he was having problems throwing to the sidelines and so I am. Maybe it's just the accuracy change, but it's real tough to hit a guy on the sideline, I often end up throwing it out of bounds.

Yeagermeister;2889952 said:
The one question about the game is why do they run so slow? Is it a game setting?

I like it slower, better for finding holes and reading coverages. You don't have to be a ninja to play a CB either, regular human reflexes will do.

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
I kinda like the Cardinals and Patriots playbooks. I do a lot of short passes.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
JLAZeroSeven;2892191 said:
I kinda like the Cardinals and Patriots playbooks. I do a lot of short passes.

I shall call you Stephen McGee. :cool:

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
lol. Nah I just got so use to the Cardinals playbook on the demo, and playing vs Pitt's blitz I only had time for short passes.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
just downloaded and played the demo

running still sucks but I won 21-0

my first play was a kickoff return by Miles Austin down to their 5 yard line

not bad... I may buy this game

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
xWraithx;2892705 said:
just downloaded and played the demo

running still sucks but I won 21-0

my first play was a kickoff return by Miles Austin down to their 5 yard line

not bad... I may buy this game
how did you not score and why wasn't Felix returning kicks?

Ren

Reaction score
the last few days i've returned 6 kickoffs with Felix online and i only play a game or 2 a day :D

Still can't seem to find a playbook i like though my offense is all over the place

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2892743 said:
how did you not score and why wasn't Felix returning kicks?

haha I was asking myself the same question, sprinting is done by holding "right trigger" on the controller on xbox360 right? (I'll have to double check)

about Felix, I kinda just jumped into the game without checking the roster at first like I usually do

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I need work on getting my receivers involved.

I throw it to my backs and TE's to much because of the fear of being blitzed.

Im still having a lot of success but once I bring the WR's into the mix I could potentially be unstopable.

Ren

Reaction score
CATCH17;2900207 said:
I need work on getting my receivers involved.

I throw it to my backs and TE's to much because of the fear of being blitzed.

Im still having a lot of success but once I bring the WR's into the mix I could potentially be unstopable.

That took me a while too, eventually it just all clicked my offense is very good now. I think my biggest problems was i couldn't find a playbook and trying to copy my 09 offense.

Timing is a little different this time it takes some getting used to but if you put the time inn in practice mode it will pay off. Roy is a beast once you figure out how to get him the ball consistently

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ren;2900558 said:
That took me a while too, eventually it just all clicked my offense is very good now. I think my biggest problems was i couldn't find a playbook and trying to copy my 09 offense.

Timing is a little different this time it takes some getting used to but if you put the time inn in practice mode it will pay off. Roy is a beast once you figure out how to get him the ball consistently

Have you figured out how to complete deep passes down the sideline with Roy?

Is Crayton a deep threat?

I've spent a lot of time working on this but I just can't figure it out and im starting to wonder if Dallas just isn't capable of doing it.

I know Miles Austin is a beast on the game.

WE'll have to scrimmage each other one day and share some tips. I have you on my buddy list and I even sent you a message yesterday ;)

If you use the Cowboys playbook I got some plays for you that are tough to stop.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CATCH17;2901007 said:
Have you figured out how to complete deep passes down the sideline with Roy?

Is Crayton a deep threat?

I've spent a lot of time working on this but I just can't figure it out and im starting to wonder if Dallas just isn't capable of doing it.

I know Miles Austin is a beast on the game.

WE'll have to scrimmage each other one day and share some tips. I have you on my buddy list and I even sent you a message yesterday ;)

If you use the Cowboys playbook I got some plays for you that are tough to stop.

I haven't had any problems with sideline passes but then I suck and play on rookie mode. :D

I still haven't found the option to open and close the roof.

And the punters haven't hit the scoreboard either. :D

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Does anyone know how you sub a player in for a play/series on the fly now? Seems like they took it out of the game this year, which would be pretty darn stupid.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
TheCount;2901033 said:
Does anyone know how you sub a player in for a play/series on the fly now? Seems like they took it out of the game this year, which would be pretty darn stupid.

Hit the right button and scroll to the player then hit the A button to choose the replacement.