Madden 10

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
CATCH17;2888778 said:
For those of us who just wanted to see more natural life like game play I think it is really good.

Im sorry that the franchise mode sucks but i'd never play that anyways.

As far as the game play is concerned it is the best football game ever made.

There is a few imperfections but it is hard to get much better than this.

You can't just go all arcade style and hold sprint the entire time. You have to actually read a defense too.

I also like when you run the ball or return punts or kicks it feels like you are really running with that player.

If you use someone like Felix Jones you feel so agile on the sticks.

BTW, I wonder if all these people online who are Dallas haters realised how bad Felix Jones was going to pwn people on this game. Marty B and Miles Austin are match up problems too.
You must be a casual Football gamer. You should try All Pro Football 2k8 if you want a realistic game. Madden has no momentum, the running animations feel like you're skating down the field.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Just started playing 2010. My record is 5-0 with some real good games. It's much better then that POS 09. The game actually feels realistic and not botchy and robotic.

Anyone want to add me and play my name JulianEVO1X.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
can someone confirm of deny the use of custom playbooks in 2010 for me.

I'm not buying it if it doesn't have that feature yet again

DemonBlood

Reaction score
Ha, did you guys see how EA screwed Dallas in the Madden Moments? 2 of the games we really won they make you play as the other team and rewrite history and beat us...Then they take a game we really lost and instead of letting us rewrite history and win...You play as the other team and do exactly what happened in real life.

:lmao2:

DemonBlood

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2889617 said:
I have only played one game and so far I'm impressed.

I'm really impressed too and this is coming from a 2K5 fanboy. Have you checked out the new stadium in the game yet? They did a real good job with it. You can even open and close the roof.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DemonBlood;2889650 said:
I'm really impressed too and this is coming from a 2K5 fanboy. Have you checked out the new stadium in the game yet? They did a real good job with it. You can even open and close the roof.

Ah, I hate you guys!

Glad to see you like madden though.

And yes the new stadium rules. Our stadium gets pretty rowdy on that game.

Anyone figured out how to complete deep balls down the sideline?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CATCH17;2889660 said:
Ah, I hate you guys!

Glad to see you like madden though.

And yes the new stadium rules. Our stadium gets pretty rowdy on that game.

Anyone figured out how to complete deep balls down the sideline?

Throw it before you get sacked :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DemonBlood;2889650 said:

You can??????? :eek:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2889686 said:
You can??????? :eek:

And when you open it there are the famous texas stadium shadows.

I hope we still use the Texas heat to our advantage.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
hmm, if this game has the blessing of a few 2k5 fanboys (of which I am one), then I just might give it a shot

I bought Madden 09 and it was the biggest waste of $70 I have ever EVER made.

I hope it's different this time around.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
xWraithx;2889815 said:
hmm, if this game has the blessing of a few 2k5 fanboys (of which I am one), then I just might give it a shot

09 was TERRIBLE...Accuracy with the ball and passes you can make where mediocre. running game was unrealistic and robotic. Cbs did not ever play the wr, they played the spot of the ball. The coverage in this game is more realistic. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTER GAME.

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
I heard a patch is coming out pretty soon to fix a few of the gameplay issues. Still a fun game though, then again I just like football video games in general.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The one question about the game is why do they run so slow? Is it a game setting?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
xWraithx;2890051 said:
yeah, you should probably write EA Sports and express your frustrations about them actually making a football game more realistic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL_10#Gameplay

I prefer to run like you would when playing DOOM. It was estimated that the DOOM Marine ran 30mph. :laugh2:

Check out this vicious weapon someone modded into DOOM. :lmao2:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8aJjMOy-Ops&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8aJjMOy-Ops&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
xWraithx;2889815 said:

games are 70 dollars now? damn i'm definetly not getting a ps3 or 369 if it's that expensive. that is crazy

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2890717 said:
games are 70 dollars now? damn i'm definetly not getting a ps3 or 369 if it's that expensive. that is crazy

yeah, they're actually $60+ tax

still ridiculous

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28;2889534 said:
can someone confirm of deny the use of custom playbooks in 2010 for me.

I'm not buying it if it doesn't have that feature yet again

Nope, no custom plays or playbooks. Kind of lame if you ask me.

The run blocking sucks as well in my opinion. Half of the time when you call running plays there is 3 defenders in the back field to meet the RB as soon as he gets the ball. Kind of gets old, especially when you are playing Super Star mode.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Doomsday;2891340 said:
Nope, no custom plays or playbooks. Kind of lame if you ask me.

The run blocking sucks as well in my opinion. Half of the time when you call running plays there is 3 defenders in the back field to meet the RB as soon as he gets the ball. Kind of gets old, especially when you are playing Super Star mode.

ughhh lame....I guess I'll wait for another game.....