Make no mistake, Rush is playing for the starting job Sunday

exciter

Reaction score
I don't care what you hear from whomever ....

A lot is riding Sunday...

Rush wins Sunday night he will have earned the starting spot.

Now...if this team decides to change course.. going back to Dak...and we start losing...then this falls on McCarthy....and you got bigger problems.
Lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He was paying Romo a lot of money and he had him ride the bench due to a hot hand. If Cooper Rush was real productive and our offense was generating a lot of points he would stay with him and I don’t care how much Dak is making. Problem is we’re having to play very conservative with Rush and we’re not sustaining drives and aren’t scoring enough TDs.
Due to a hot hand!? Rush is not hot. Therein lies the difference

tunahelper

Reaction score

Now...if this team decides to change course.. going back to Dak...and we start losing...then this falls on McCarthy....and you got bigger problems.
Dak is the QB and it doesn't matter how well Rush plays. JJ will not pay Dak 40m to be a backup.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s beyond obvious he isn’t but if you look at some of the posts on the board you would think he’s out performing what Dak did his rookie season. His play has been referred to as phenomenal by some here. Lol He’s been keeping us afloat by playing mistake free football and I give him credit for that but we need a lot more from our QB if we’re going to be a championship team. We’re putting too much on our defense to win games for us.
we don't agree on much around here but dead on the same page when ti comes to this. Old floaty is in need of gas mask in this fumes hes surrounded by,.lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Due to a hot hand!? Rush is not hot. Therein lies the difference

He doesn’t have a hot hand but he’s winning and he’s not turning the football over. The one big positive that’s come from Rush starting is the Cowboys may have figured out a formula where they can consistently win football games without their QB having to put up 400+ yards and carry the team. Obviously a big part of that formula has been our defense. We’ll probably stick to a similar formula when Dak returns assuming our defense continues to play lights out. We’ll be able to open up the offense more with Dak.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I mean like Stephen Jones calling Dak "one of the best players in the league" two days ago clear. He's said that more than once since Dak's been out.

I don't share that overly optimistic point of view, but my opinion isn't the one that matters.

I remember SJ saying years ago that he always chuckles when it comes to the salary cap. Which means he can always go under the cap and it is essentially nonsense. last year he turned it around and now is saying the cap is real and you have to account for it.

JJ is even worse.

They are examples for people who twist and turn stuff just that it supports them.

If you think SJ sentence is an example that the FO stays with his player and is so for a very long time now. How do you interpret JJs comment that he likes a QB controversy ?

As a sidenote. I do follow the Cowboys, read stuff. This is the first time i hear saying SJ that Dak is one of the top players in the league. Given i read some crap that he is a great player and so on. But this is a new superlative.

Lets see how their comments and decissions will be after we beat the Eagles with Rush.
Right now their seems to be a little fight between the FO and Dak. He thinks he is able to play (my balls got pop) and the FO (we want him to train at least one full week).

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We are 5-0 with Rush, who already had three wins in the bag when the defense generated 0 TOs..
We are 2nd in sacks, QB pressures and QB hits. Top 10 in yards, yards per play, scoring defense and most other defensive categories.

But I understand your inability to focus on multiple factors. It tends to get confusing for the novice

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Cooper Rush for 2022: 118 pass attempts with 0 interceptions

Dak for 2022: 29 pass attempts with 1 interception

If it's easy to not turn the ball over why couldn't Dak do it then?
Yeah, 2021, 2020, 2019 none of them matters....only a sample of 3/4 of a game....

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

Now...if this team decides to change course.. going back to Dak...and we start losing...then this falls on McCarthy....and you got bigger probmlems.

hahaha

LysleE

Reaction score
If Rush plays well against Philly all it means is that we can slowly bring Dak along and don’t need to start him before he is ready.

While I think Cooper has done a great job and does some things better than Dak does; Dak is the more dynamic QB…which we will have to call upon in those games where our defense is having a flat showing.

Besides there is no way Jerry and Stephen would bench Dak, they are all married to one another given his huge contract with a no trade clause; and that both of the Jones’ boys are on record touting Dak is a franchise QB to all who will listen…mostly themselves.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
NFL GMs aren’t nearly as stupid as some of the posters on this board. Rush isn’t going to be a starting QB anywhere.
He is undefeated why not And better than Dak I know because I have read it here