Make no mistake, Rush is playing for the starting job Sunday

pete026

Reaction score
Dallas defense in 2021 gave up 17 to the Chargers, 16 against Minnesota, 19 against KC, and 17 against NO....are those NFC East teams?

Dallas gave up an average of 21.06 points/game in 2021. Against the NFC East the Dallas defense gave up an average of 17.83 points/game and against all other opponents the defense gave up an average of 22.82 points/game......so I would hardly say that the Dallas defense beat up on the NFC East teams.

That said the Dallas offense averaged 40 points/game against the NFC East teams while the Dallas offense averaged 26.36 points/game against all other NFL teams......so I would say that is beating up on NFC East teams.
Well the Vikings were 8-9 and the Saints were 9-8 , both in divisions arguably as bad as the NFC "barely the least" so there's that.

There is the saying about remaining quiet and just looking _ _ _ _ _ ...... sage advice for some around here.

shabazz

Reaction score
I believe if rush wins, it’ll only give Jerry more incentive to pull him. Jerry has too much invested in Prescott, If there is contention with that then he’ll nip it at the source as soon as possible.

I believe that horse is already out the stable. Rush teammates are gaining confidence with every victory and the team has regained that swag since the game one disaster with Dakota

This 4 game streak has already done the damage and teammates and fans alike have seen their is another path to victory……the last 6 years have been futile and they want hope and change.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
They will root for cowboys to lose.

When we do win they will credit everyone and everything but Dak. When we do lose they will blame Dak.

All they want is for cowboys to lose so they can post thread after thread.

Hatred has no bounds and it has caused many to forgo their principles
In your fantasy is there any blame to be placed on Dak if they lose after he comes back? Or is he like the golden child in your mind?

JBond

Reaction score
Not likely.

He's done a nice job of not putting the defense in bad positions with silly turnovers, but his style of play isn't something a team would try to build around.
Well.... sticking with the run game is incredibly important. Imagine if they chucked it up play after play from the shotgun last week. Pollard would not have that beautiful TD run.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"If we would have had 49ers defense last year we at least go to championship game ."

Just like that is an opinion not a fact....the fact is Dak played like crap against SF.

In 2021 here are some defensive comparisons:

Dallas Points Against 358
SF Points Against 365

Dallas Defensive Turnovers 34
SF Turnovers 20

Dallas QB Hurries 79
SF QB Hurries 51

Dallas QB Sacks 41
SF QB Sacks 48

The fact is Dallas had a Top 10 defense in 2021 so is it now that Dak needs a Top 3 defense to win? Top 2? Top 1?
I’d argue Prescott out performed Jimmy G. The SF defense was arguably the difference . That’s at least how most analysts described it. If SF had a better QB the game might have been over by halftime instead of only 16-7.

And No, Dallas didn’t officially have a top 10 defense last year if you are using the official measurement the NFL has always used in total yards.

Surely you don’t believe we actually had as good of defense as the 49ers? You saw how they handled Rodgers in Green Bay too.

Could Prescott have performed better. I’d hope so but in the end he provided us our only chance.

And yes, the closer to the top this defense is ranked the better chance it has of carrying this team and Prescott or Rush.

Last edited:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Well the Vikings were 8-9 and the Saints were 9-8 , both in divisions arguably as bad as the NFC "barely the least" so there's that.

There is the saying about remaining quiet and just looking _ _ _ _ _ ...... sage advice for some around here.

I see, so your statement was proven inaccurate so you try and shift the debate to handing out advice and advising people to remain quiet? Here is great advice: take your own.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I’d argue Prescott out performed Jimmy G. The SF defense was arguably the difference . That’s at least how most analysts described it. If SF had a better QB the game might have been over by halftime instead of only 16-7.

And No, Dallas didn’t officially have a top 10 defense last year if you are using the official measurement the NFL has always used in total yards.

Surely you don’t believe we actually had as good of defense as the 49ers? You saw how they handled Rodgers in Green Bay too.

Could Prescott have performed better. I’d hope so but in the end he provided us our only chance.

And yes, the closer to the top this defense is ranked the better chance it has of carrying this team and Prescott or Rush.

The game was in fact over because in 3-1/3 quarters Dak led the Dallas offense to over 40 plays for an average of just over 2 yards per play......so you are saying Dak outperformed Jimmy G. yet Dak could only lead Dallas to 7 points in 3-1/3 quarters while Jimmy G. led his team to 23 points during that span? Interesting.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
That’s your argument . Rush should be our franchise QB cause he was 1-0 and Prescott was 11-6. Ok Lol

You are so desperate to defend Dak you make crap up. Where did I say Rush should be the franchise QB? Show me where I said that or delete your account.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't care what you hear from whomever ....

A lot is riding Sunday...

Rush wins Sunday night he will have earned the starting spot.

Now...if this team decides to change course.. going back to Dak...and we start losing...then this falls on McCarthy....and you got bigger problems.
Rush wins with a decent or better offensive performance, which would be a breakout performance, then yes, maybe. If the team wins the game the same way they’ve been winning, with defense and very little offensive consistency or playmaking, then no….he’s not even being considered for a starting job, not here, not anywhere. So let’s just not confuse Rush winning with the team winning in spite of his limitations.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I have been of the thought that Rush is extending his career as a backup QB like Chase Daniel.
Exactly...will make some more money as a backup down the road, might get a short term starter job, but isn't a long term answer for anyone.

pete026

Reaction score
I see, so your statement was proven inaccurate so you try and shift the debate to handing out advice and advising people to remain quiet? Here is great advice: take your own.
:lmao::lmao::lmao: Nah, I'll talk.

In fact that powerful Saints offense you spoke of from last year had a string of games during the time they played the Cowboys where they scored 6, 17, 30, 9, and 3 points. Which game was the Cowboys powerful, 49er equivalent-defense a part of. The 17 pointer. Only the tops in the league, Jets defense give up more. "Tops" meaning 32nd ranking lol.

Bottom line, the Cowboys team, as a whole, was not as good as their record implied last year. Defense got a lot of turnovers; Yea!

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
In all of Rush's starts this year, there are moments/drives in the games where the defense has gotten off the field, and we have a chance to to put the game out of reach by halftime or even the 3rd quarter, yet it doesn't happen. I don't know if it's the play-calling, only willing to take chances when absolutely necessary, a problem with Rush, or a combination of both.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
This is also a big game for the defense. Rush and this fantastic defense has not beaten a single team that currently has a winning record, something some fans loved to point out when it suits them. Rush needs to do more than not throw interceptions to win the starting spot or to be considered a viable starter with any organization. If the defense wins another game this week, I think ALL Dallas fans can be excited no matter who plays QB the rest of the season (though I’m sure many won’t be). If the defense gives up 24 points, which would still be impressive and the offense doesn’t win, that will be a clear indication that we need both the defense and more offense.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I believe that horse is already out the stable. Rush teammates are gaining confidence with every victory and the team has regained that swag since the game one disaster with Dakota

This 4 game streak has already done the damage and teammates and fans alike have seen their is another path to victory……the last 6 years have been futile and they want hope and change.

But even still, it’s Jerral we’re talking about.