Make no mistake, Rush is playing for the starting job Sunday

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What people don't give him credit for...he's not turning the ball over....unlike Dak....who has become a turnover machine...

Nonsense. Last year he had 10 ints on 596 attempts. Trevor Lawrence and Matthew Stafford had 17 each on 602 and 601 attempts, respectively. Joe Burrow had 14 on only 520 attempts. Lamar Jackson had 13 ints on only 382 attempts. So Dak has a much better int percentage than any of those quarterbacks.
Fumbles? Yes Dak led the league for quarterbacks, with 14. But 4 other starters had at 12 or 13. Murray had 13 fumbles, only 1 less than Dak, but he only played 14 games, Dak played 16 games.

If Dak's a "turnover machine" then the others mentioned are turnover factories.

Look, Dak is not an elite quarterback. He was a 4th rounder, nobody expected him to become an elite quarterback.
He doesn't have great accuracy, holds the ball too long, misses too many open receivers. But Rush isn't elite either and probably never will be, though stranger things have happened.

But making up things doesn't make it so...

Booger

Reaction score
True. Very true.
But from the fanbase I'd say this reminds me of when Romo began to cede ground andm hearts to Dak 7 squat-filled seasons ago.
How many squat-filled Romo seasons......? Couldn't even handle a snap and place hold.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you actually think Cooper Rush is playing for the starting QB job for the Dallas Cowboys tomorrow then I don't know what to tell you.

Have you not paid any attention to the self-appointed bozos who have run this team for decades? Do you see what they do and say?

Stop kidding yourselves. Cooper Rush is playing to win another game as a back up QB. Anything else is just Cowboys Zone material.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
How did he do in the 12 games we won?

That’s the thing. While we haven’t been an Elite team with Prescott , we have been a playoff team. And that was without this type of defense .

Let’s see what we can do with him over a span of time with this caliber defense . If it’s no better then we can move on.

Well he missed one of the 12 games won....Rush won vs. Minnesota.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
And that’s an opinion not a fact. Our defense last year wasn’t as good statistically overall in yards which is the official measurement . While the turnovers were critical without them our defense would have been much more vulnerable .

The fact we aren’t creating as many turnovers and stuffing teams defensively in yards and scoring is a testament to how much better the defense is this year, at least so far.

"If we would have had 49ers defense last year we at least go to championship game ."

Just like that is an opinion not a fact....the fact is Dak played like crap against SF.

In 2021 here are some defensive comparisons:

Dallas Points Against 358
SF Points Against 365

Dallas Defensive Turnovers 34
SF Turnovers 20

Dallas QB Hurries 79
SF QB Hurries 51

Dallas QB Sacks 41
SF QB Sacks 48

The fact is Dallas had a Top 10 defense in 2021 so is it now that Dak needs a Top 3 defense to win? Top 2? Top 1?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Well he missed one of the 12 games won....Rush won vs. Minnesota.

6 of those 12 games were against NFC East opponents which were pretty much rubbish last year. Hell the last game was against the Philly B team. Want to know how we ended up with that #1 offense it was by beating up the NFC East teams and bad teams like Atlanta. No one who watched that offense suffering to make 1st downs against the Chiefs, Broncos etc would ever take that stat seriously

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I wonder how weird it's going to be for the ABD crowd when Dak does come back? Will they root for the Cowboys to lose? Or will they root for the Cowboys to win but Dak to play poorly? That's some twisted ish right there.. And I can have no part in it. I want the Cowboys to win and I want Rush to throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs while we blow the Eagles out. Then when Dak comes back I want him to throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs while we blow whoever the next team is out.

Well the same can be said of the Only Dak crowd that slams Rush constantly.

pete026

Reaction score
"If we would have had 49ers defense last year we at least go to championship game ."

Just like that is an opinion not a fact....the fact is Dak played like crap against SF.

In 2021 here are some defensive comparisons:

Dallas Points Against 358
SF Points Against 365

Dallas Defensive Turnovers 34
SF Turnovers 20

Dallas QB Hurries 79
SF QB Hurries 51

Dallas QB Sacks 41
SF QB Sacks 48

The fact is Dallas had a Top 10 defense in 2021 so is it now that Dak needs a Top 3 defense to win? Top 2? Top 1?
Wasn't the Cowboys defense beating up on those crap teams like the NFC Least.

Thought I heard that somewhere.

pete026

Reaction score
6 of those 12 games were against NFC East opponents which were pretty much rubbish last year. Hell the last game was against the Philly B team. Want to know how we ended up with that #1 offense it was by beating up the NFC East teams and bad teams like Atlanta. No one who watched that offense suffering to make 1st downs against the Chiefs, Broncos etc would ever take that stat seriously
Now that is some funny "stuff"!

Hadn't even read this (with the like from @USArmyVet) before I wrote the above post. This isn't even shooting fish in a barrel......well maybe an empty barrel.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Wasn't the Cowboys defense beating up on those crap teams like the NFC Least.

Thought I heard that somewhere.

Dallas defense in 2021 gave up 17 to the Chargers, 16 against Minnesota, 19 against KC, and 17 against NO....are those NFC East teams?

Dallas gave up an average of 21.06 points/game in 2021. Against the NFC East the Dallas defense gave up an average of 17.83 points/game and against all other opponents the defense gave up an average of 22.82 points/game......so I would hardly say that the Dallas defense beat up on the NFC East teams.

That said the Dallas offense averaged 40 points/game against the NFC East teams while the Dallas offense averaged 26.36 points/game against all other NFL teams......so I would say that is beating up on NFC East teams.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nonsense. Last year he had 10 ints on 596 attempts. Trevor Lawrence and Matthew Stafford had 17 each on 602 and 601 attempts, respectively. Joe Burrow had 14 on only 520 attempts. Lamar Jackson had 13 ints on only 382 attempts. So Dak has a much better int percentage than any of those quarterbacks.
Fumbles? Yes Dak led the league for quarterbacks, with 14. But 4 other starters had at 12 or 13. Murray had 13 fumbles, only 1 less than Dak, but he only played 14 games, Dak played 16 games.

If Dak's a "turnover machine" then the others mentioned are turnover factories.

Look, Dak is not an elite quarterback. He was a 4th rounder, nobody expected him to become an elite quarterback.
He doesn't have great accuracy, holds the ball too long, misses too many open receivers. But Rush isn't elite either and probably never will be, though stranger things have happened.

But making up things doesn't make it so...
Good comparative analysis. My argument is no Stat can be viewed in silo. You have to look across the league.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He used to be a back up with some athleticism after snapping his ankle though not so much. Man is not a qb who can operate out of the pocket.
Actually there was an analysis do e that showed he is much better stats under center and throwing from the pocket than running outside the pocket. But I get your perceptive eye test