Make no mistake, Rush is playing for the starting job Sunday

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The game was in fact over because in 3-1/3 quarters Dak led the Dallas offense to over 40 plays for an average of just over 2 yards per play......so you are saying Dak outperformed Jimmy G. yet Dak could only lead Dallas to 7 points in 3-1/3 quarters while Jimmy G. led his team to 23 points during that span? Interesting.
Most analysts accurately predicted how this was a poor matchup for Dallas with SF defense as well as our defensive weaknesses. Which the game pretty well played out as expected based on these strengths, weakness and matchups .

Wanting to blame one specific player is a poor analysis . We weren’t a better team. And while our offense was dominated as you accurately described for over 3 quarters we only had a shot in the end because of Prescott.

If you want to argue he was our key weakness the stats in the game and how their DL dominated and how their running game exploited our defense were the bigger factors . It was amazing we even had a shot in the end .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are so desperate to defend Dak you make crap up. Where did I say Rush should be the franchise QB? Show me where I said that or delete your account.
I’m not defending Prescott as much as I’m deflecting solely blaming him. Solely holding him responsible as this narrative attacking often depicts is a poor representation and inaccurate analysis of our team.

I’ve always advocated his skills are over hyped by some segments and harshly described by others. I maintain he’s more in the middle as I believe most fans are. And it’s my intent to call out and challenge both extremes.

Last edited:

elcowboi

Reaction score
I don't care what you hear from whomever ....

A lot is riding Sunday...

Rush wins Sunday night he will have earned the starting spot.

Now...if this team decides to change course.. going back to Dak...and we start losing...then this falls on McCarthy....and you got bigger problems.

Lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In your fantasy is there any blame to be placed on Dak if they lose after he comes back? Or is he like the golden child in your mind?
Yes, plenty.

But because Dak is bad, doesn't make rush good. But we beat LA, offense scores all of 13 points and the Dak hating crowd is fawning at the mouth

Tell me what you would have said if offense got the ball at the 20 and go all of 5 yards and score a field goal of it was Dak....we know all the accolades thrown at rush leading the offense to field goal position according to @leeblair ....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I believe that horse is already out the stable. Rush teammates are gaining confidence with every victory and the team has regained that swag since the game one disaster with Dakota

This 4 game streak has already done the damage and teammates and fans alike have seen their is another path to victory……the last 6 years have been futile and they want hope and change.
First of all the fact our team has some confidence with Rush doesn’t translate to less confidence with Prescott. That’s a fans opinion , nothing more.

The only damage done is from a fans perspective . And our frustration this era begun long before Prescott arrived.

NotForLong

Reaction score
This is also a big game for the defense. Rush and this fantastic defense has not beaten a single team that currently has a winning record, something some fans loved to point out when it suits them. Rush needs to do more than not throw interceptions to win the starting spot or to be considered a viable starter with any organization. If the defense wins another game this week, I think ALL Dallas fans can be excited no matter who plays QB the rest of the season (though I’m sure many won’t be). If the defense gives up 24 points, which would still be impressive and the offense doesn’t win, that will be a clear indication that we need both the defense and more offense.
Giants say Hi

Rayman70

Reaction score
Rush needs that running game badly 2day. If we can't run, we will lose. Dak or no Dak. This game will be hard. We need elite Zeke not JAG Zeke. Hurts has enjoyed a complimentary running game all year. He being part of that as well. We been hit and miss.

RonWashington

Reaction score
You don’t spend 140 million on a position and leave the UDFA in the role . Like it or not $ talks

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You don’t spend 140 million on a position and leave the UDFA in the role . Like it or not $ talks
Here’s who we should be paying 140 million.
GifK45E.jpg

RonWashington

Reaction score
That’s coming soon to a theater near you . The Parsons Diggs vault contracts will coincide with Daks expiring how convenient .

shabazz

Reaction score
I am a Baptist, but like u, I will leave the judging stuff to God. Man has a tendency to mess junk up when we start judging. I could care less what someones personal religion is or IS NOT. Its all about being a good person and respectful. Now if they were to ask me, I might have that convo with them. I tend to leave it alone mostly. God knew what he was doing.

Very well said. I’m actually seeing a lot more of the younger people show up than before and I realize that we are going through some really hard times these days. I hope it brings them some peace.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That’s coming soon to a theater near you . The Parsons Diggs vault contracts will coincide with Daks expiring how convenient .
Yea, I’d begin trying to lock Parsons up soon. Maybe offer him part ownership in something . His contract is going to bust all contracts . Might approach what QB’s are making.

We might have to offer him something beyond. Like a piece of something else the Jone$ own. Like part of the Papa Johns Pizza franchise.
GifK45E.jpg

RonWashington

Reaction score
Yea, I’d begin trying to lock Parsons up soon. Maybe offer him part ownership in something . His contract is going to bust all contracts . Might approach what QB’s are making.

We might have to offer him something beyond. Like a piece of something else the Jone$ own. Like part of the Papa Johns Pizza franchise.
GifK45E.jpg

Diggs will not be cheap and he’s worth top cornerback money .

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No matter how many fans try to speak it into existence, the people who run the team have made their positions (and contracts) clear.

But let's beat the Eagles anyway and see what happens. :popcorn:
I swear they just post this garbage to get likes from the same ppl lol