Make no mistake, Rush is playing for the starting job Sunday

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Fanbase doesn't run the team. The Romo 2016 and Dak 2022 situations are not as similar as some make them out to be, starting with age.

Did I say, in your vernacular, dat?
I never said that fan bases ran the team, though they can influence on various platforms.
I am sure, tha, upon rereading my soliloquey, you will be contrite.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
There’s no way Cooper Rush is starting all season with the anemic passing attack we have along with our lack of scoring. Our offense is going to have to get a whole lot better if we’re going to make a serious run. The only chance for that to happen is with Dak.

I have faith that Dak will find himself as a leader and champion if it takes him 12 years and helping to bring down a once-proud franchise.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Cooper Rush might play for a starting job with another team, but he knows it won't be with the Cowboys. Let's be clear on that. He's already stated as much himself. Don't take my word for it, though. Let's just wait and see what happens when the time comes for such a decision to be made.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't care what you hear from whomever ....

A lot is riding Sunday...

Rush wins Sunday night he will have earned the starting spot.

Now...if this team decides to change course.. going back to Dak...and we start losing...then this falls on McCarthy....and you got bigger problems.
Hello Floaty.

I may not have said it before over the years, but I am now asking you to please stop this nonsense at once.

plasticman

Reaction score
Your logic gives me the right to claim that Matt Farniok has earned the starting job at left guard.

After all, he is undefeated as a starter.

I will now render my statement non-debatable by saying that I don't care what you heard from whomever.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The best thing about Rush at QB is that it has taught Moore to be a better
play caller, imo. Two RBs with 10+ carries each per game. A somewhat
boring passing game with a weekly potential to explode.

If he stays balanced with Dak when he returns, some big plays are on the horizon.

Kudos to Cooper Rush no matter what happens the rest of the way.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Now...if this team decides to change course.. going back to Dak...and we start losing...then this falls on McCarthy....and you got bigger problems.

LMAO.........have you looked at Dak's contract lately?

Dude is making like $53 million next year, all guaranteed.

The fact that some fans actually think a dude making $50 mill is going to ride the pine is absolutely hilarious. :laugh:

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

No he isn't. And I don't care what you hear from whomever. LoL, some fans...

The only way they will even think about him starting would be Dak sucking colossally (in more than one loss) or if he gets injured again.

That ain't taking anything away from Cooper. I am totally satisfied how he handled his offense in those 4 games. I only need one point more than the opponent. But he was still the backup the whole time.

So whether he puts 35 points on the board vs the Eagles or not even one won't make a difference in the starting matter.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

What if the defense carries him to victory like all the other games they won? Surely, you don't think he can carry the team can he?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This is very different to Romo. Dak’s contract has already received 3 signing bonuses. This means Jerry has pushed so much of Dak’s contract back into future years that not only would it be implausible to cut him this year or next, but he’s very likely going to require an extension to alleviate this problem.

Bottom line is 11 wins with Dak as the rest-of-season QB is better longterm than the headache that would surround Cooper Rush finishing a 13-4 season. Jerry won’t let that happen.

If we finish with 13-4 it will be in spite of Rush. I'll crown him once he can throw 3 TDs, run for another and throw for 350 yards.

pupulehaole

Reaction score

You guys heard it here first! Floatyworm said it so it has to be true. Dont believe what you hear from anyone EXCEPT Floatyworm.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:From the same guy who said Kellen Moore was the next great Cowboys QB! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
If you ask me both quarterbacks are not the answer..JJ better start finding the next quarterback.
Rush is smart and calm and shows no nervousness or agitation. Dak might be a better athlete with an average quarterback skills but he is inconsistent and the early sudden success went to his head and start believing the hype

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on the John Abraham signing @Floatyworm

You must have aged like the rest of us, I actually enjoyed your inside info back in the day!