Man coverage

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
fortdick;2264848 said:
Well, it might be because he does. Maybe not half, but he is getting hurt a lot more than most our DB's.

he hasn't missed anywhere enough time for people to be piling on him like this.

He is one of our best players.

khiladi

Reaction score
joseephuss;2264842 said:
You can still play man coverage while giving a cushion to the receiver.

The CBs were never 20 yards off the receiver at the start of a play. Neither were the safeties and may be they should have been on the Jackson TD.

Not, 20, but sometimes around 15 it seemed... Anthony Henry and Mike Jenkins, as well as Pac-man played well off their receiver at the start of the play a whole lot during the game...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2264851 said:
This was taken from Wade Phillips 3-4 playbook:

He also stated, when taking the San Diego job, that he likes to play bump and run, especially when you got players like a Ty Law.

On whether it’s your preference to play bump and run:

I've seen very little bump-and-run

Wade Phillips also said Felix would have a huge role in the offense.... I wonder how much control Wade really has....

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2264856 said:
If we play man its either one on one coverage or Mcnabb scrambles for 20+. We will see man coverage alot more next week like we did against Cleveland. It's called matching up. Wade is alot smarter than you net coordinators.

Just like your prediction in your sig?

Yea man you are real smart.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264845 said:
TO and Witten destroy just about every team we come across.

Yeah, but how many teams play straight up Man coverage on them? Not many and there is a reason for it. TO tourched Philly until they slid a Safety over to give help over the top. Then Witten took them deep for a couple and now you see why people don't play us Man Up.

khiladi

Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2264856 said:
If we play man its either one on one coverage or Mcnabb scrambles for 20+. We will see man coverage alot more next week like we did against Cleveland. It's called matching up. Wade is alot smarter than you net coordinators.

Last year, we played a majority of zone coverage against Jason Campbell as well as Aaron Glenn, and they nowhere move near as well as McNabb...

fortdick

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2264853 said:
He doesn't get hurt more than Henry......and I don't think you can compare him to any of the other because of the lack of time they have been here.

Henry's starts this year = 2
Newman's starts this year = 0

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
stealth;2264858 said:
he hasn't missed anywhere enough time for people to be piling on him like this.

He is one of our best players.

Newman isn't missing as much time as people seem to apply.

But he isn't getting any younger and he is starting to get nagging injuries

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
fortdick;2264871 said:

wow, it really is all about "what have you done for me lately?" with so many here.

joseephuss

Reaction score
fortdick;2264871 said:

Newman was on the field for the first play of the game last night, so that counts as a start.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2264868 said:
Yeah, but how many teams play straight up Man coverage on them? Not many and there is a reason for it. TO tourched Philly until they slid a Safety over to give help over the top. Then Witten took them deep for a couple and now you see why people don't play us Man Up.

Yea how many teams have TO and Witten on offense....oh just us we should man everyone else up.

khiladi

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2264868 said:

Not many teams have a rack of corners like us. Newmna, Henry, Scandrick, Adam Jones, and Jenkins who are all ballers and can man-up against the best of them.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2264868 said:

Your right.

But i don't see the eagles receivers at the caliber of our receivers. The game plan against Cleveland was good. They have a good offense. We didn't let Winslow get a clean release at the line.

fortdick

Reaction score
stealth;2264877 said:
wow, it really is all about "what have you done for me lately?" with so many here.

It isn't a what have you done for me lately thing, it's a real concern that he is missing too much time. He didn't play any preseason. He was out or limited the first part of last year.

The way our secondary is getting burnt, we need help. If he can't go, he can't go, but it seems to be reoccurring now. I am just concerned about it.

DMX690

Reaction score
stealth;2264839 said:
Why on earth are people peeing on newman now like he misses half the games every year?

Cause he has miss three game the past 5 seasons:(

Reaction score
khiladi;2264869 said:
Last year, we played a majority of zone coverage against Jason Campbell as well as Aaron Glenn, and they nowhere move near as well as McNabb...

Jason Campbell is mobile enough to take advantage man coverage by using his feet. And i think you meant to say Aaron Rodgers. He is also mobile. I remember he scrambled a few times against Dallas last year with sucess in "man coverage". They are both young recievers so you try to make them go through their reads instead of making it easy on them by playing man and identifying single coverage. You will see more man coverage against the Packers because Rodgers is not as mobile as Donovan.

I wish somebody had the numbers to show the man coverage/zone coverage differences btw the first game and the second game.

Real 1st you like to insult people alot. Good stuff.

Reaction score
Real1st;2264884 said:
Your right.

But i don't see the eagles receivers at the caliber of our receivers. The game plan against Cleveland was good. They have a good offense. We didn't let Winslow get a clean release at the line.

Does Cle have a Westbrook or Mcnabb to take advantage of man coverage? Or do they have Derek Anderson and the multi-talented Jamal Lewis?

And you insult others intelligence.:lmao:

It's not rocket science, i swear its not. If we played man most of the game our linebackers would have gotten destroyed by Westbrook MORESO.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2264925 said:
Does Cle have a Westbrook or Mcnabb to take advantage of man coverage? Or do they have Derek Anderson and the multi-talented Jamal Lewis?

And you insult others intelligence.:lmao:

It's not rocket science, i swear its not. If we played man most of the game our linebackers would have gotten destroyed by Westbrook MORESO.

Braylon Edwards and K2 must suck right?

Who said playing man 2 man with Westbrook was a good idea. I never said that.

Im talking about guys like Avant for Christ sakes.

You just really made yourself look dumb.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2264905 said:
Jason Campbell is mobile enough to take advantage man coverage by using his feet. And i think you meant to say Aaron Rodgers. He is also mobile. I remember he scrambled a few times against Dallas last year with sucess in "man coverage". They are both young recievers so you try to make them go through their reads instead of making it easy on them by playing man and identifying single coverage. You will see more man coverage against the Packers because Rodgers is not as mobile as Donovan.

I wish somebody had the numbers to show the man coverage/zone coverage differences btw the first game and the second game.

Real 1st you like to insult people alot. Good stuff.

I never insulted anyone in this thread. I have been respectful

You sir keep making things up.