Man Dak is limited

keysersoze

Reaction score
I wasn't dumb at the time and that's when it was used. It wasn't really a pro theory but I know you emotional inferior types can't stand not always being right so you can be right sir.
It was dumb then. It’s dumb now. And you’re even dumber.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
ok, how many times did Dak make a throw like Rodgers backpeddaling and drop the ball right over Adams shoulder 30 yds or so away for crucial first down with two defenders on him?

When Dak isn't under pressure & his mechanics are textbook, sure he can complete some passes. Same as a lot of guys from middle school on up. Natural passers can process all the variables & compensate while under pressure & off balance and still make the right throw accurately.

YOu guys are expecting Dak to perform like a hall of famer. It's ok to not be a hall of fame qb.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yep, that's what I'm saying. Not saying that I blame him, but he didn't hesitate to run the first three years. Unless, Kitna and Moore told him not to run. Just a theory. This is a man's livelihood, nothing to do with Rah Rah "leadership". I don't doubt that he's a leader.

If he intentionally neglected to run where it could have helped the team, because he didn't have an extension in place, then I don't see how you can't question his leadership

He signed a contract as a rookie. Nobody held a gun to his head. He freely signed a deal

You're basically saying he didn't honor that contract to the best of his capabilities this year and the team suffered. And you are ok with that

Very puzzling.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I’ll add. I’ve said that if the Cowboys decide to draft a first round QB. I am ok with it.

Let’s be real though. The chance of that QB being on Mahomes level is like less than 10%.

That’s just the reality. But if people want to roll the dice on that. That’s fine.
Wanting a Mahomes clone is really risky.

Cam Newton would be a comparable to Mahomes and look what happened after 8+ years?

They are now awaiting his plantar tacitus surgery and shoulder rehab and wanting to cut his $20 mil/yr cap hit and go shopping for a new QB.

Protecting Dak from similar endings is either our main goal..

or not worrying about injuries and winning despite the risks is the direction.

Guys like Michael Vick, Mahomes and Jackson are fun to watch..

but due to expected short shelf lives with them has to be studied more.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The Bengals need a quarterback. The are not trading. To be honest maybe we should see what Detroit would want for Stafford.

If Dak's so great and so proven, wouldn't Cinci be willing to trade their #1 for Dak and our #17?

I mean, were the ones taking the risk in that scenario aren't we? We're betting on an unproven Joe Burrow and they are getting a bonafide top tier QB in Dak that they can win instantly with. An absolute stud QB with only 4 years on him that can lead that team for the next decade

Why wouldn't Cincinnati make that trade in a heartbeat? They have no risk and everything to gain, right?

keysersoze

Reaction score
Sure it is.

Unless you are demanding to be paid like a HOF quarterback. At that point you damn well better perform like one. Or at least be in the discussion
I think Jerry and Stephen are far better at evaluating talent than you. So if they decide to pay him what he asks I’m inclined to believe he’s worth the asking price. Dak will be paid handsomely so suck it up Buttercup and accept it.

starfan1

Reaction score
If he intentionally neglected to run where it could have helped the team, because he didn't have an extension in place, then I don't see how you can't question his leadership

He signed a contract as a rookie. Nobody held a gun to his head. He freely signed a deal

You're basically saying he didn't honor that contract to the best of his capabilities this year and the team suffered. And you are ok with that

Very puzzling.
Can someone show me where this is factual and not just some made up garbage please. If that is the case then i too have a problem with it but somehow I think its just cowboy zone speculation.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
YOu guys are expecting Dak to perform like a hall of famer. It's ok to not be a hall of fame qb.

The discussion is about Dak's abilities versus his peers. So yeah, its natural to demonstrate what the great ones do that he can't as part of that discussion.

Let me be clear. Dak improved dramatically this year. Do i think its possible to compete for a SB with Dak as QB? yes. But it will take a great team around him, competent coaching and some luck.

Does a more talented passer make it easier to compete for a SB? Absolutely. GB nor Seattle would be in the playoffs (not only this year) if not for great QB play. KC is a solid overall team but they are average with an average QB.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure it is.

Unless you are demanding to be paid like a HOF quarterback. At that point you damn well better perform like one. Or at least be in the discussion

Fans need to understand that pay level and QB rankings are not the same thing. The only way they could be is if every NFL QB were negotiating contracts in the same year under the same market conditions and all teams were colluding to make sure all QBs were paid in accordance with some ranking system that they couldn't agree on anyway.

But that's not reality. Reality is that market conditions change, just as they do in real estate, and gold and soy beans. Getting more today doesn't mean you are a better player (or a better house or a better quality of gold or a better soy bean), it just means that's what the market bears at the moment.

That said, if Dak wants $40 MM/year, that's not in line with the current market. If he wants $30-35 MM/year, that is in line. And, of course, the real key is guaranteed money.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Stiff hips, not running hard, doesn't lead his receivers, footwork, vision....most of these things have been mentioned in the last couple of days. Made me wonder what the weaknesses in his game were when he was drafted.

The report says:

Weaknesses
Beat up this year thanks to poor protection. When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard. Not as competitive a rusher in 2015. Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll. Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers. Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply. Pocket poise has been compromised. Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw. Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions. Must speed up the pace of his reads. Footwork is a mess. Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift. Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body. Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws. Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense. Needs to improve anticipation.

Draft Analysis:
Dallas had long been rumored to have preferred Prescott as a backup option to Tony Romo. There are physical, athletic, and leadership traits comparable to Tim Tebow, but Prescott is vastly more pro-ready as a passer. He's an ideal backup as he continues to work on overall consistency, but he'll bring a dynamic element if his name's ever called. --Mark Dulgerian
Sounds likes the same dang problems that some like myself have with him now. Funny that something form years ago sounds like it was made yesterday.

JReed1000

Reaction score
I would not make a comparison at this point in Daks career with those VETS. I will say this. Some of the passes Aaron and Russell make are like a 30 yard handoff. With just a flick of the wrist they're hitting folks in stride 40 yards down the field. Mahommes has Andy Reid. His guys are wide open half the time. With Aaron and Russell if their receiver has 1 foot you're gonna pay. Dak has a long way to go to get to that level but HE WANTS TO...Thats why I love Dak and patient enough to see what happens.

keysersoze

Reaction score
The discussion is about Dak's abilities versus his peers. So yeah, its natural to demonstrate what the great ones do that he can't as part of that discussion.

Let me be clear. Dak improved dramatically this year. Do i think its possible to compete for a SB with Dak as QB? yes. But it will take a great team around him, competent coaching and some luck.

Does a more talented passer make it easier to compete for a SB? Absolutely. GB nor Seattle would be in the playoffs (not only this year) if not for great QB play. KC is a solid overall team but they are average with an average QB.
Not many pure passers have won Super Bowls strictly on their arms. It’s always a team effort. Most times it’s DEFENSE THAT WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. So that elite quarterback winning Super Bowls bs is a fallacy.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Very puzzling.
So when someone runs out of bounds to avoid a hit, they aren't honoring their contract!!! Lol!!!!
We have a bunch of no good, non leadership players in this league!!!! Again, LOL!! Don't make a freaking mountain out of a mole Hill and don't tell me what I'm saying. That's simply the way you choose to interpret it.
Did I say, LOL!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Until a guy at least is a big part of a team that goes deep in the playoffs, I have no loyalty for him. That gets me into disagreements with a section of the fanbase. There isn't a single player currently on the Cowboys that I would get upset about leaving and I think that rubs some people the wrong way, so I apologize.

Overall, Wilson has a super bowl ring, a suber bowl loss, is 9-6 in the playoffs and has come in the top 5 for passer rating 4 times in his career. If you don't think he is better than Dak right now, I don't know what to say.

Yes he does and won the SB ring with one of the top defense in the NFL. Wilson has improved as a QB since that SB yet Seahawks have not been able to advance to the SB. We put a lot on the QB yet to get to the SB takes more than just the QB. It may explain why Brees only has 1, or Rodgers pending this season has only 1. As for who is better? I think both are very good QB each with their strength and weakness. Dak clearly is less experienced than Wilson.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Not many pure passers have won Super Bowls strictly on their arms. It’s always a team effort. Most times it’s DEFENSE THAT WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. So that elite quarterback winning Super Bowls bs is a fallacy.
never said "pure" passers, i said natural passers. A natural passer can also have mobility.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Waiting Mahomes and now Russell Wilson just really opened my eyes. These guys are on another world compared to Dak. Kind of depressing
Mahomes and Wilson are absolutely elite.
Not a really fair comp.