Management dropped the ball

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
There's no moving of goal posts, you said spending money leads to winning. Yet I gave you examples of teams that didn't spend money and still won. I gave you examples of teams that did spend who didn't win. It proves you're wrong. You can't except the truth

Your inability to understand that NOT spending money wins NOTHING is why discussions with you and your ilk are so unproductive.

You will miss every shot you don't take.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I saw run plays allowed in the playoff game due to inexperience, not lack of physicality.

The 49ers running scheme is unique and changes angles, etc. for defenders.

They lost that game because of the OL. Pressure resulted in turnovers.

Tyron could barely move due to the ankle issue.

La'el struggled because he is a dumb player.

Biadasz can manage if he has power on both sides but with Connor Williams & Biadasz together they didn't have enough power.
Very on target post, my friend.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I picked the examples that prove my point and make your point look asinine. As I said the years they spent big in free agency they sucked. That's a fact

How many championships do the Giants and Pats have doing it their way vs the Cowboys way?

THIS is the point.

That you miss this point so completely is why you ignorantly continue to defend Stephen Jones.

Dre11

Reaction score
Last season SB champion Rams had salary cap restrictions last season. Still added and featured over 30 players like Stafford, Miller, OBJ, DeSean and Whitworth.

Bucs the previous season chamions added over 30 players like Brady, AB, Gronk, Suh, JPP and LeSean McCoy.

So you found 2 teams that won , yet I showed you about 5 that lost spending money and can show you more

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Does it matter, you said they're cheap. Cheap would've meant not paying Zeke and not paying Dak. They pay their own and they pay them good, but you rather overpay for some outside free agents.. lol

I said they were cheap and INCOMPETENT.

PAY ATTENTION.

CCBoy

Reaction score

PAY ATTENTION.
I disagree.

Check reality:

wins/losses over the past 5 years
offensive productivity/ranking over the past 5 years
draft rankings over the past 5 seasons
NFC East standings over the past 5 seasons
World sports franchise value rankings over the past 5 years
How many times the team entered the playoffs in the past 5 years...
then look again and not explain away

Defense improving?

Dre11

Reaction score
How many championships do the Giants and Pats have doing it their way vs the Cowboys way?

THIS is the point.

That you miss this point so completely is why you ignorantly continue to defend Stephen Jones.

That qasnt your point, your point was the Cowboys have to spend money to win. Was it Not?
The Cowboys in 2021 spend the most money on payroll , your stance was stupid.
The Pat's and the Giants won nothing spending money, they actually won when they didn't spend huge money in free agency, the opposite of what you claim

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
So you found 2 teams that won , yet I showed you about 5 that lost spending money and can show you more

Spend money and you might win vs choosing to not spend and remain status quo/become worse AND not win is not even debatable.

Dre11

Reaction score

PAY ATTENTION.

Oh I'm paying attention you make no sense, So you call having the highest payroll in the league cheap? You make absolutely no sense

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Oh I'm paying attention you make no sense, So you call having the highest payroll in the league cheap? You make absolutely no sense

Spending money to remain status quo is not the point we are arguing.

Stay on topic.

Dre11

Reaction score
Spend money and you might win vs choosing to not spend and remain status quo/become worse AND not win is not even debatable.

Oh now you're moving the goal :lmao2:
You also MIGHT WIN WITHOUT SPENDING BIG MONEY. Just as the Packers has and Chiefs.
Again they spend money, they have the highest payroll...lol:laugh:

Dre11

Reaction score
Spending money to remain status quo is not the point we are arguing.

Stay on topic.

Did the Patriots win Spending the most money last season in Free agency?

CCBoy

Reaction score
26 years and counting say your disagreement is completely unsupported.
Off course as that comes from justifying from a stereotyped viewpoint and not debating beyond that bias...:popcorn:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
That qasnt your point, your point was the Cowboys have to spend money to win. Was it Not?
The Cowboys in 2021 spend the most money on payroll , your stance was stupid.
The Pat's and the Giants won nothing spending money, they actually won when they didn't spend huge money in free agency, the opposite of what you claim

Belichick acquired vets almost every season they were in/won SB.

Antonio Bryant, Stephon Gilmore, Aquib Talib, Jamie Collins, Michael Bennett, Wes Welker, Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Vince Wilfork, Asante Samuel, Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymour, etc.

You're wrong, own it.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Did the Patriots win Spending the most money last season in Free agency?

So your point is that spending money on adding MORE proven talent does not work because it only works SOMETIMES????

rambo2

Reaction score
Postseason record says otherwise.

Choosing to NOT spend money to take a team to another level is epitome of loser mentality.

Stephen Jones miserliness and inept management has been on display for DECADES.
They did spend money. Fowler, Turpin, Barr, and Peters. They are a good team and have a shot. Watch what happens to the Rams and watch what happens to the Cowboys. Your attitude and lack of vision is a loser mentality.