Management dropped the ball

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We have no idea if anyone's body will hold up over a season. We have seen zero indication that Miller is fading and had zero indication that he will. That is the best you can hope for in the NFL because at the end of the day signing no one is clearly not working. You cannot win a Super Bowl anymore just ignoring free agency and only going for bargains.
History tells you what the body of a 33 year old linebacker will do. We can hope and pray things will be differently….but Father Time is undefeated unless you play quarterback.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Double digit wins isn't losing. Losing is what the Rams did Thursday night.

Postseason record says otherwise.

Choosing to NOT spend money to take a team to another level is epitome of loser mentality.

Stephen Jones miserliness and inept management has been on display for DECADES.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Go look at the fans, too. Any time a big time free agent is out there to be had, they are always too old and/or overpaid. We love being cheap. And too many fans eat it up. Who cares about cap space if it won't be used efficiently. All we do is give our own players (who don't need to be here) another big contract. This front office is desperate to have a homegrown roster just to tell everyone how smart they are. Yet go look at the last 2 champs, Rams and Bucs. Both teams got big free agent signings because they knew they were close and they went for it.

Dallas has been close since 2016 but they never went all in. Every offseason there was big time free agents to come in and help immediately but nope. All we do is low ball or don't even pursue at all.

Von Miller would have been a monster signing. Imagine him and DLaw coming after you all game. But nope, we go the route of wanting to throw 9-10 guys at you all game. Except a lot of those guys aren't that great. Who cares if they have fresh legs if they can't disrupt the play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Go look at the fans, too. Any time a big time free agent is out there to be had, they are always too old and/or overpaid. We love being cheap. And too many fans eat it up. Who cares about cap space if it won't be used efficiently. All we do is give our own players (who don't need to be here) another big contract. This front office is desperate to have a homegrown roster just to tell everyone how smart they are. Yet go look at the last 2 champs, Rams and Bucs. Both teams got big free agent signings because they knew they were close and they went for it.

Dallas has been close since 2016 but they never went all in. Every offseason there was big time free agents to come in and help immediately but nope. All we do is low ball or don't even pursue at all.

Von Miller would have been a monster signing. Imagine him and DLaw coming after you all game. But nope, we go the route of wanting to throw 9-10 guys at you all game. Except a lot of those guys aren't that great. Who cares if they have fresh legs if they can't disrupt the play.
It’s stupid to overpay for 30 year olds in free agency. It just is. I don’t care about the salary cap but give me guys in their 20s in their prime over a guy outside of his prime. You can’t just spend money just because you have it spend it wisely.

Dre11

Reaction score

Yet the Cowboys have the highest payroll in the league last season.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
So why the hell did you even reply to me to begin with? Why even be on this site eating your time? What’s the point?

You still don't get it.

Winners spend money to take good teams to greatness, from contenders to champions.

Spending money or assets on catalytic proven vet players is critical in offseason to improve contending teams.

The goal for contenders should never be cap space surplus. Carrying over +20M after team's last season success is just incompetent.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
It’s stupid to overpay for 30 year olds in free agency. It just is. I don’t care about the salary cap but give me guys in their 20s in their prime over a guy outside of his prime. You can’t just spend money just because you have it spend it wisely.

The last 4 SB champion teams laugh at your expert analysis.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You still don't get it.

Winners spend money to take good teams to greatness, from contenders to champions.

Spending money or assets on catalytic proven vet players is critical in offseason to improve contending teams.

The goal for contenders should never be cap space surplus. Carrying over +20M after team's last season success is just incompetent.
There’s nothing to “get”. You assumed I agreed with Stephen Jones because I don’t agree with giving Von Miller big time money and you were wrong.

Hell you agree with Stephen more than I do since he tried to give Miller big money just not enough.

I study how these contenders win SBs and spending big time money on 33 year olds isn’t going to cut it. It’s not a winning formula. The objective is to spend your money smart. Not be a idiot with a pocketbook.