Manning put up numbers in 2005; some still questioning the position

burmafrd

Reaction score
Got to figure the one that loves Q's jock is the one knocking Bledsoe. Kartr, you have already proven you cannot evaluate QB's, so why do you feel the need to show it again?

kartr

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
The whole team just about laid down in the rams game; no spirit, no fight. Only a moron would blame bledsoe.

So why didn't his 'leadership skills' elevate the team. You're in effect saying that the team believes so little in him that they laid down. Had he not laid down in the Seattle game, the Denver game, the Raider game, the Commanders games, the second Giants game, we wouldn't even have needed that Rams game to get to the playoffs.Even though his skills are fading, Brunell still can beat good teams consistently and Bledsoe cannot now or in recent memory.

kartr

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
The whole team just about laid down in the rams game; no spirit, no fight. Only a moron would blame bledsoe.

Bledsoe lost half a dozen games last year besides the Rams game, he's the one let them down, not vice versa.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
So why didn't his 'leadership skills' elevate the team. You're in effect saying that the team believes so little in him that they laid down. Had he not laid down in the Seattle game, the Denver game, the Raider game, the Commanders games, the second Giants game, we wouldn't even have needed that Rams game to get to the playoffs.Even though his skills are fading, Brunell still can beat good teams consistently and Bledsoe cannot now or in recent memory.
I want you to name me QB of your choice that you think is great. Any QB, your choice.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Fla Cowpoke said:
Bledsoe's completion percentage and yds per attempt were higher and he had one fewer TD pass. That with an OL much worse than the Giant's OL, a RB that was worse than the Giants's RB, and a receiving corps that was about the same from top to bottom.

Bledsoe also threw 58 fewer passes than Manning -- almost two games' worth. Give Bledsoe 58 more attempts, and I guarantee you he'd make up Manning's 123-yard and one-TD advantages.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13 said:
Bledsoe also threw 58 fewer passes than Manning -- almost two games' worth. Give Bledsoe 58 more attempts, and I guarantee you he'd make up Manning's 123-yard and one-TD advantages.

Yes but we'd be close to 20 picks too... not too mention a few more sacks and a couple more lost fumbles...

No thanks.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
I want you to name me QB of your choice that you think is great. Any QB, your choice.

You're just a "baiter" aren't you? :laugh1:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Yes but we'd be close to 20 picks too... not too mention a few more sacks and a couple more lost fumbles...

No thanks.

If he maintained his same ratios, he'd have thrown two more picks (for 19 total), but he would not have lost another fumble. He also would have more than 4,000 yards and 26 TDs. Bledsoe was more efficient than Manning last season, so he'd be more productive in those 58 extra attempts than Eli was.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Manning sorta did a "Drew Bledsoe" imitation season-- I would expect him to be more like "Peyton Manning" this year.

Eli is already like his brother, except it's going to be hard to pad his stats in the regular season playing in a much stronger division than the AFC South. But The Answer thinks that Eli did a great Peyton impersonation in the playoff loss against Carolina.....

~The Answer

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Couldn't agree more. I think the kid deserves a lot of credit. Not many could do what he did under the New York media microscope.

Should be interesting to see how he handles the pressure when things get tough this fall. The Answer figures he will implode when the giants are exposed as no better than the 3rd best team in the NFC East and Tiki Barber finally shows his age.....no extra 'home' games this year and a much harder schedule awaits little Eli.

~The Answer

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
I figured one of the Bledsoe haters would try and compare them; the difference is, since the haters won't admit it, is that Bledsoe makes alot fewer mistakes, forces a lot fewer passes, and is more accurate.
Manning is both over rated and at the same time given a lot more credit then he deserves. Most of the giant wins were in spite of him, not because of him. While most othe Boys wins Bledsoe made plays when it counted. I do not see Manning ever getting more accurate, which hardly ever happens. He might get more mature and stop forcing passes (though it could be argued that Favre made a career of doing just that) but I do not ever see him getting more accurate. I beleive his carrer completion % at Mississippi was under 60%. VERY few quarterbacks that have that low a % incollege ever make it big in the pros. My cut off for a college QB to make it big in the pros is about 62%. You usually lose a few % going into the pros; 58% for pro QB is the absolute least that a good one can have.

Every cowboy fan should know that Manning DID NOT get the giants to the playoffs.....it was Tiki Barber (the real nfl mvp in 2005), a great front seven, and oh yah....NINE home games didn't hurt either....

The Answer suspects that the Manning lovers will be singing a much different tune on Broadway when the 'bust' chants begin this fall....

~The Answer

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
You're just a "baiter" aren't you? :laugh1:
Careful now.

No matter what QB he answers the question with, his theory goes down in flames. With no effort.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Manning sorta did a "Drew Bledsoe" imitation season-- I would expect him to be more like "Peyton Manning" this year.
You mean toss a bunch of picks in week 1 of the playoffs?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Manning gets knocked because he was arguably the Giants worst offensive player last season.

Look at the cast around him and then look at the games they lost late in the year where the defense was astonishly good.

When we played the Giants Bledsoe had a horrid game and still easily outplayed Manning who was the worst player on the field.

He is young and could get markedly better but I suspect he does not have the ceiling of guys like Carson Palmer.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
manning_completion_percentage.gif

manning_passing_rating.gif

manning_passing_yards.gif

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast said:

Congrats...you've established what's already been said...he's inconsistent and his played dropped off significantly during the 2nd half of the season. Should be even worse in 2006 now that coaches have a lot more film on him and The Giants are exposed as a fraud, especially if Barber's play drops off at his age(and it should).

~The Answer

JMead

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
We had one... Troy Aikman.

And yes the list is short.

Lets not get carried away here. He has 3 rings but it isnt like he never choked.

JMead

Reaction score
kartr said:
What are you smokin' bud, they're two of the most competitive qb's in NFL history.

If you think that of those guys but the opposite about Bledsoe then I think you have an agenda.. Your posts make that quite clear.

JMead

Reaction score
The Answer said:
Congrats...you've established what's already been said...he's inconsistent and his played dropped off significantly during the 2nd half of the season. Should be even worse in 2006 now that coaches have a lot more film on him and The Giants are exposed as a fraud, especially if Barber's play drops off at his age(and it should).

~The Answer

I think the only chance the Giants have is if Barber repeats last years performance. But I think he will drop down to around 1400 yards and 10 TDs which probably would spell a couple more losses for them ( Barber and his 1860 yards set up most of Eli's 24 TDs ).

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell said:
You mean toss a bunch of picks in week 1 of the playoffs?

Yeah pretty much. :)

While Bledsoe sits home in his underwear eating cheese doodles.