Many whiners. most of you got what you wanted

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
well, actually its been longer than 7 games, if you go back to his GB days....not 10, but longer than 7 games.

plus, this team was supposed to be going forward....it seems it took a huge step backwards.

Jimmy took over a team that was 3-13 and turned it into a 1-15 team. That was also a step backwards, not as great of course.

But what happened in the next few years?

Just because the team took a step back this year doesn't mean it will continue to regress. I did a big remodel on my house last year, tore out paneling and wallpaper and rotted siding, etc. After the demolition the house looked awful. But after new drywall, siding, painting and flooring, it looks much better.

Give it time, heck we gave JG ten years, surely we can give MM at least two....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jimmy took over a team that was 3-13 and turned it into a 1-15 team. That was also a step backwards, not as great of course.

But what happened in the next few years?

Just because the team took a step back this year doesn't mean it will continue to regress. I did a big remodel on my house last year, tore out paneling and wallpaper and rotted siding, etc. After the demolition the house looked awful. But after new drywall, siding, painting and flooring, it looks much better.

Give it time, heck we gave JG ten years, surely we can give MM at least two....
jimmy tore apart, to build his way. the 3-13 team had no talent. Jimmy was big on draft picks and he came through college ranks and new college talent. he built a huge draft stock pile and went for the numbers game ala Bilicheck learning the same thing and doing the same thing.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
jimmy tore apart, to build his way. the 3-13 team had no talent. Jimmy was big on draft picks and he came through college ranks and new college talent. he built a huge draft stock pile and went for the numbers game ala Bilicheck learning the same thing and doing the same thing.

Regardless of why, the 1989 team took a step back, 1-15 is a step back from 3-13. Just saying taking a step back doesn't automatically mean the future will be grim.

And the 3-13 had no talent, eh? I guess that includes Michael Irvin, Nate Newton, Mark Tuinei, Kevin Gogan, Ken Norton Jr. and Herschel Walker?

Not a ton of talent, but all those above players were a big part of the 90's Super Bowls. Others, like Bill Bates, weren't top talents but had a definite impact on the team's success.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Regardless of why, the 1989 team took a step back, 1-15 is a step back from 3-13. Just saying taking a step back doesn't automatically mean the future will be grim.

And the 3-13 had no talent, eh? I guess that includes Michael Irvin, Nate Newton, Mark Tuinei, Kevin Gogan, Ken Norton Jr. and Herschel Walker?

Not a ton of talent, but all those above players were a big part of the 90's Super Bowls. Others, like Bill Bates, weren't top talents but had a definite impact on the team's success.
perhaps I should have been more specific. yes, agreed, taking a step back was to build better.
and no talent, meaning that there is always some talent on any team. even a 0-16 team, but 5 or 6 is not enough to do anything significant (ala 1-15 or 3-13)..... you need the right mix of talent.