Many whiners. most of you got what you wanted

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This post doesn't sound stupid to you? You are comparing a guy who did nothing in ten years to a guy who has done nothing in 7 games..if it doesn't sound stupid to you, it should
well, actually its been longer than 7 games, if you go back to his GB days....not 10, but longer than 7 games.

plus, this team was supposed to be going forward....it seems it took a huge step backwards.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I can’t believe there is some having Garrett regret out there.

I’m so happy he is no longer here.

I also think McCarthy was a bad hire but I said that before we did it.

You also said the offense would be better under Dalton than it was under Dak. You say a lot of things. They just usually turn out to be dead wrong.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I was just answering your question about naming HOF coaches that did not have HOF qb playing for them. I gave you two that won the SB without HOF qbs. That was all.
In another post I listed all of the SB winners from Aikman on in the salary cap effort. I was not trying to debate with you at all. As I stated, I think it was something like 85% of SB winners in cap era had HOF or soon to be HOF qbs.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
tenor.gif

Precisely

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Give it a rest. He caused a lot if this gong show
I agree. And wanting rid of a worthless HC which is what Garrett was, is not "whining". Crying for the loss of their 10 year loser would be more like "whining".
If MM proves to be the wrong hire, which I think is a premature conclusion, then you do what you need to do to rectify the situation.
But Garrett was not the solution.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I agree. And wanting rid of a worthless HC which is what Garrett was, is not "whining". The original post sounds more like whining for the loss of their 10 year loser.
If MM proves to be the wrong hire, which I think is a premature conclusion, then you do what you need to do to rectify the situation.
But Garrett was not the solution.

Exactly, but we do need to give MM a bit more time. No offseason and having to clean up Garrett's culture with no offseason isn't exactly an overnight thing. I think next year is when we really have to worry about MM's job. But then, Garrett got 10 years. I think MM should have at least 3 years before we see if it was the right hire or not. I think 3 is fair for a HC with a new team. I gave Garrett a minimum of 3 years before I decided if I wanted him to stay or not.

Bigdog

Reaction score
In another post I listed all of the SB winners from Aikman on in the salary cap effort. I was not trying to debate with you at all. As I stated, I think it was something like 85% of SB winners in cap era had HOF or soon to be HOF qbs.
I understand you were not I was just trying to answer the question you put in your post and they were the only coaches I could come up with who are in the HOF who won SBs without HOF qb. The only other present day coach who could be in the future would be the Ravens HC who won with Trent Dilfer over the Giants back in the early 2000's but they had won of the best defenses ever in the NFL.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I understand you were not I was just trying to answer the question you put in your post and they were the only coaches I could come up with who are in the HOF who won SBs without HOF qb. The only other present day coach who could be in the future would be the Ravens HC who won with Trent Dilfer over the Giants back in the early 2000's but they had won of the best defenses ever in the NFL.
and that is the common thread of coaches winning SB titles with decent, not HOF QBs. The bucs with Johnson... amazing defense. Ravens with Flaco.. amazing defense.
2 years ago eagles are really only exception to that tren. They had avg qb .... even though he played like a HOF in the SB. That Iggles defense was good, but certainly nothing spectacular.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
a JG fanboy is having fun with this lol.
MM was a bad hire, and so far he is worse than JG, but JG was still pretty bad.
Not our fault jerry hired mike after hearing some bells lol.
I did not want mike, or nolan, or kellen, but I have no say in any of that.

I'm not sure yet that McCarthy was a bad hire, but Nolan certainly needs to go and I have serious doubts about Kellen Moore as well.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Exactly, but we do need to give MM a bit more time. No offseason and having to clean up Garrett's culture with no offseason isn't exactly an overnight thing. I think next year is when we really have to worry about MM's job. But then, Garrett got 10 years. I think MM should have at least 3 years before we see if it was the right hire or not. I think 3 is fair for a HC with a new team. I gave Garrett a minimum of 3 years before I decided if I wanted him to stay or not.

I don't mind giving McCarthy a 2nd year to at least show some promise, but I do have to admit it bothers me some as to why they chose Mike Nolan for DC. I also didn't think retaining Kellen Moore was the best decision either, but I think Jerry twisted MM's arm to keep Moore.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't mind giving McCarthy a 2nd year to at least show some promise, but I do have to admit it bothers me some as to why they chose Mike Nolan for DC. I also didn't think retaining Kellen Moore was the best decision either, but I think Jerry twisted MM's arm to keep Moore.

I didn't mind keeping Kellen Moore tbh. I felt that with McCarthy, it would have been good for Moore. The problem is, I don't know how much control MM has. I think he should exert more control considering that he should be helping to teach Moore like I thought he would. Nolan was a headscratcher though.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I sat and watched/listened to so many of you whine and bi... and JG. Called him the "Clapper." Complained about everything he did. He got let go, we brought in a "Super Bowl," winning coach with a "Proven track record." I said it then that change for the sake of change means nothing. So is MM doing things differently than JG? What exactly is it that MM is doing DIFFERENTKY than JG? What is he doing that is different than JG? Truth is, hardly none in here can say. We arent at practice, we arent in meetings.

Our Oline has been decimated by injuries. Dak(who I have always been skeptical of, mostly over the contract issue) played great, for the most part(turnovers) but he could definitely move the ball and put points on the board even with that Oline. He went down, and Dalton, who was pretty much universally applauded when the Cowbosy brought him in, by both the media and those on this board. He has looked like garbage.... but how was anyone to know that was going to happen?

Our defense is just bad. We have no pass rush, and our line just gets gashed up the middle. Because we have no rush, our DBs look even worse. My point is simple. You got what you want. JG is gone, MM showed up and what happened?
:huh::huh:

kskboys

Reaction score
I sat and watched/listened to so many of you whine and bi... and JG. Called him the "Clapper." Complained about everything he did. He got let go, we brought in a "Super Bowl," winning coach with a "Proven track record." I said it then that change for the sake of change means nothing. So is MM doing things differently than JG? What exactly is it that MM is doing DIFFERENTKY than JG? What is he doing that is different than JG? Truth is, hardly none in here can say. We arent at practice, we arent in meetings.

Our Oline has been decimated by injuries. Dak(who I have always been skeptical of, mostly over the contract issue) played great, for the most part(turnovers) but he could definitely move the ball and put points on the board even with that Oline. He went down, and Dalton, who was pretty much universally applauded when the Cowbosy brought him in, by both the media and those on this board. He has looked like garbage.... but how was anyone to know that was going to happen?

Our defense is just bad. We have no pass rush, and our line just gets gashed up the middle. Because we have no rush, our DBs look even worse. My point is simple. You got what you want. JG is gone, MM showed up and what happened?
Quit whining.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Reid1boys said:
I sat and watched/listened to so many of you whine and bi... and JG. Called him the "Clapper." Complained about everything he did. He got let go, we brought in a "Super Bowl," winning coach with a "Proven track record." I said it then that change for the sake of change means nothing. So is MM doing things differently than JG? What exactly is it that MM is doing DIFFERENTKY than JG? What is he doing that is different than JG?......... ..... My point is simple. You got what you want. JG is gone, MM showed up and what happened? Click to expand...

Quit whining.

LOL :muttley:
That's worth a double like ksk.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
JG is gone, MM showed up and what happened?
o_O
This post doesn't sound stupid to you? You are comparing a guy who did nothing in ten years to a guy who has done nothing in 7 games..if it doesn't sound stupid to you, it should
To top it off. MM has more wins thus far in his first season w/Dallas, then Jimmy Johnson did in his first entire season w/Dallas. BOOM! :lmao:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If your goal is to win the SB, we gave Garrett 10 years to do it, and he didn't even get close.

It wasn't that we all thought Garrett was a terrible coach, some did of course but most like me said he just wasn't good enough, but at some point you have to realize the status quo isn't working, and move on.

Yes I wanted Garrett gone, and I'm glad he is. If he'd stayed we would know what we would have for the next 10 or whatever years, at least with MM there's a chance he can do better.

Anybody who expected him to come in with little off season and completely turn the team around was wearing several pairs of rose colored glasses.

I hate the way this season has gone, and almost assuredly will continue to go, but I'm not whining, or are most posters here...