Many whiners. most of you got what you wanted

Bigdog

Reaction score
As for the OC in NY, Ive made it VERY clear where I stand on coaches. 90% of these head coaches and coordinators are damn good. They know what they are doing, but the great coaches are simply the ones that have the great QB. In the history of the entire NFL... the ENTIRE HISTORY of the league, can you name me 5 head coaches that are considered great or are in the HOF that didnt have a HOF QB playing for them when they were most successful?

As far as this year, I honestly hope we just suck all year. We arent good and even though we actually could win this sorry division, whats the point?
Bill Parcells won 2 SB with Jeff Hostler and Phil Sims. Tom Flores won the SB with Jim Plunkett. Don’t think any of those qbs are in the hall. I get you point though but JG needed to go. I don’t know if MM is the answer though but let’s see what he can do with a full off season, preseason. This season is a wash with all the injuries.

cern

Reaction score
I sat and watched/listened to so many of you whine and bi... and JG. Called him the "Clapper." Complained about everything he did. He got let go, we brought in a "Super Bowl," winning coach with a "Proven track record." I said it then that change for the sake of change means nothing. So is MM doing things differently than JG? What exactly is it that MM is doing DIFFERENTKY than JG? What is he doing that is different than JG? Truth is, hardly none in here can say. We arent at practice, we arent in meetings.

Our Oline has been decimated by injuries. Dak(who I have always been skeptical of, mostly over the contract issue) played great, for the most part(turnovers) but he could definitely move the ball and put points on the board even with that Oline. He went down, and Dalton, who was pretty much universally applauded when the Cowbosy brought him in, by both the media and those on this board. He has looked like garbage.... but how was anyone to know that was going to happen?

Our defense is just bad. We have no pass rush, and our line just gets gashed up the middle. Because we have no rush, our DBs look even worse. My point is simple. You got what you want. JG is gone, MM showed up and what happened?
You're all over the place on this one. You explain and defend exactly what you're complaining about. That makes no sense whatsoever.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
IM not a JG fanboy as much as I am not a fan of any coach. I think most coaching at thhe 3 pro sports are highly overrated. Hows Billy looking up in Pats land? Forget the QB position, how is that entire roster looking right now? Amazing how great Bruce Arians is looking right about now, isnt it? How bout the kid in AZ, he must have studied up extra hard this off season... damn he is calling an excellent game right now, isnt he.......lol

How did Dan Quin take the Falcons to the SB just a few short years ago and he sucks now? I guess once you hit that certain age in coaching, it goes down hill pretty fast.
ok sorry for the fanboy comment, and I am also not a fan of most coaches.
BB his team has gone downhill, and without brady, he wont make playoffs.
Arians I think is a goof ball, but is benefiting from brady being there.
AZ I like their coach , and kyler is exciting qb, dont know if he can be great, but they are a fun team to watch.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Bill Parcells won 2 SB with Jeff Hostler and Phil Sims. Tom Flores won the SB with Jim Plunkett. Don’t think any of those qbs are in the hall. I get you point though but JG needed to go. I don’t know if MM is the answer though but let’s see what he can do with a full off season, preseason. This season is a wash with all the injuries.
JG needed to go.....true but.....
There is no way MM and cowboys should be this bad regardless of injury/s and covid.
Only a bad HC would present a product this bad, and then refuse to adjust, or get rid of nolan.
Also he has made several game mgmt decisions, that are beyond bad and in the stupid realm.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You're all over the place on this one. You explain and defend exactly what you're complaining about. That makes no sense whatsoever.
So what exactly am I "Complaining," about?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Jim Plunkett won 2 SBs a Heisman Trophy and was the number 1 pick when he was drafted. he is the ONLY 2 time SB winner not in the HOF which Eli will join soon ONLY because he has to rings. Point being is Flores didnt win with some slouch at QB.

Parcells won 2 SB ...... hmmm.... he had this guy on defense.... what was his name, I thik number 56.......... damn. If I could just remember his name...lol
Parcells had rock solid qb play with amazing defenses. Ive said before, about every 7 years a NON HOF qb wins it. So Parcells was right on track.

Adreme

Reaction score

The NFL is not what it was 20 or 30 years ago or even 10 years ago. The era where you could just win consistently in the NFL with just a dude is gone. Sure you could win a couple games here and there but you will not make it where you want to go.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I sat and watched/listened to so many of you whine and bi... and JG. Called him the "Clapper." Complained about everything he did. He got let go, we brought in a "Super Bowl," winning coach with a "Proven track record." I said it then that change for the sake of change means nothing. So is MM doing things differently than JG? What exactly is it that MM is doing DIFFERENTKY than JG? What is he doing that is different than JG? Truth is, hardly none in here can say. We arent at practice, we arent in meetings.

Our Oline has been decimated by injuries. Dak(who I have always been skeptical of, mostly over the contract issue) played great, for the most part(turnovers) but he could definitely move the ball and put points on the board even with that Oline. He went down, and Dalton, who was pretty much universally applauded when the Cowbosy brought him in, by both the media and those on this board. He has looked like garbage.... but how was anyone to know that was going to happen?

Our defense is just bad. We have no pass rush, and our line just gets gashed up the middle. Because we have no rush, our DBs look even worse. My point is simple. You got what you want. JG is gone, MM showed up and what happened?
So, MM hurt our OL? Lol!!! Garret sucked! It's that simple. Yes, I got what I wanted. Garrett is gone and MM will need to exorcise his country club way of coaching.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These are two different issues, Garrett's time was up and then some. He'd had 10 years and made enough mistakes in games that he needed to be replaced.

McC is a different issue as just because some wanted Garrett gone doesn't mean they wanted McCarthy in.

I wanted McC after Rivera was off the table and I don't know if that was a good idea yet but I do think he deserves a chance.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This post doesn't sound stupid to you? You are comparing a guy who did nothing in ten years to a guy who has done nothing in 7 games..if it doesn't sound stupid to you, it should

At NO TIME in Garrett's first 7 games did the Cowboys look and play this bad. At that time Garrett was a FIRST time head coach and McCarthy has 9 years prior experience winning a Super Bowl and taking his team to the playoffs 5 other times yet the Cowboys played better under the first time head coach than this experienced head coach. Now Garrett earned his walking papers but to say it sounds stupid because that experience coach has the Cowboys playing worse than any time in Cowboys history is being compared to Garrett is only showing your intelligence or lack there of.

Kaiser

Reaction score
In other words, it's a process to get rid of Garrett's process.
tenor.gif

JBS

Reaction score
At NO TIME in Garrett's first 7 games did the Cowboys look and play this bad. At that time Garrett was a FIRST time head coach and McCarthy has 9 years prior experience winning a Super Bowl and taking his team to the playoffs 5 other times yet the Cowboys played better under the first time head coach than this experienced head coach. Now Garrett earned his walking papers but to say it sounds stupid because that experience coach has the Cowboys playing worse than any time in Cowboys history is being compared to Garrett is only showing your intelligence or lack there of.

Brillant...you are even more clueless than the OP..well done

Bigdog

Reaction score
Jim Plunkett won 2 SBs a Heisman Trophy and was the number 1 pick when he was drafted. he is the ONLY 2 time SB winner not in the HOF which Eli will join soon ONLY because he has to rings. Point being is Flores didnt win with some slouch at QB.

Parcells won 2 SB ...... hmmm.... he had this guy on defense.... what was his name, I thik number 56.......... damn. If I could just remember his name...lol
Parcells had rock solid qb play with amazing defenses. Ive said before, about every 7 years a NON HOF qb wins it. So Parcells was right on track.
I was just answering your question about naming HOF coaches that did not have HOF qb playing for them. I gave you two that won the SB without HOF qbs. That was all.

Bigdog

Reaction score
The NFL is not what it was 20 or 30 years ago or even 10 years ago. The era where you could just win consistently in the NFL with just a dude is gone. Sure you could win a couple games here and there but you will not make it where you want to go.
Just answering the OP question about naming HOF coaches that won without a HOF qb. Yes I know things have change but those two that I listed came to my mind.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I can’t believe there is some having Garrett regret out there.

I’m so happy he is no longer here.

I also think McCarthy was a bad hire but I said that before we did it.

As for Garrett leaving, I have NOOOO regrets whatsoever. I wanted him gone, he deserved to be gone, it was long passed due, and like you, I'm totally happy he's gone! You can't usher in the new without ushering out the old. I would not change that decision for any reason.
Whether McCarthy was the right hire or not is not relevant to the fact that Garrett still needed to be fired.
I've said elsewhere and I'll say it again, I believe it's premature to hold MM to blame for the Cowboys problems and time will tell, but I do think Mike Nolan was a bad hire for DC and needs to go. After 7 games, the entire defense is totally horrible.