News: Marcus Spears Says Jerry is Eyeing Payton

Rayman70

Reaction score
Scandal rocked the Saints under Sean p. He gets a mulligan.? Why? He was suspended for a year. They lost draft picks!! Then there was the pain pill scandal. They were handing them out like tic tacs. He was the HC during this, and oversaw it. Boy, we sure do have a short memory.I'm sorry, I think we need to pass on this idea. Isn't worth it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come to this circus????:huh:
Only for the massive CASH payout prior to retirement as no self-respecting coach would even consider working for these wanna-be football guru's hillbilly of a family!
Apparently, you don't know coaches very well....any self respecting coach would want to come to Dallas....their ego would tell them that they can turn things around and the challenge would be to great to pass up.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
Man, this would really make my day. Not because I don't like McCarthy, I really do. Great coach. It's just that Payton is so much better. One of the best today.
Hes one of the best head coaches? Do tell.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Man, this would really make my day. Not because I don't like McCarthy, I really do. Great coach. It's just that Payton is so much better. One of the best today.
But they're borderline identical w/ regard to accomplishments.
Minus getting suspended and the team losing picks for that pesky head-hunting thingy.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come to this circus????:huh:
Only for the massive CASH payout prior to retirement as no self-respecting coach would even consider working for these wanna-be football guru's hillbilly of a family!

New coach not only inherits the roster and idiot Moore, but they also inherit hater fans. :lmao2::popcorn:

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Apparently, you don't know coaches very well....any self respecting coach would want to come to Dallas....their ego would tell them that they can turn things around and the challenge would be to great to pass up.

There's that and there's also having to put up with the owner and son undermining you and speaking out of turn. For a fiery coach, that's a combination that's an explosion waiting to happen.

fivetwos

Reaction score
For the 'Payton won't come to this circus' crew....

You DO realize those two are friends, yes?

And Jerry isn't going to be working full time forever.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's that and there's also having to put up with the owner and son undermining you and speaking out of turn. For a fiery coach, that's a combination that's an explosion waiting to happen.
Stephen isn't a problem, JJ is, but most great coaches would rather coach and let JJ handle the press.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
2aa56bca-96ef-460f-82db-53c43d1a875b.jpg

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike McCarthy need not be concerned about Marcus Spears' comments. Just do a good job and there will be no cause to lose his job. On the other hand, Marcus Spears speaks the truth, Jerry no doubt has his eye on Sean Payton. But he needs a damn good excuse to replace Big Mike with Sean Payton. I don't think he has it right now so it will have to be over something that happens this season. I'll be watching.
The art of sabotage.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Scandal rocked the Saints under Sean p. He gets a mulligan.? Why? He was suspended for a year. They lost draft picks!! Then there was the pain pill scandal. They were handing them out like tic tacs. He was the HC during this, and oversaw it. Boy, we sure do have a short memory.I'm sorry, I think we need to pass on this idea. Isn't worth it.

Agreed, if we need a new HC, then we should have Quinn as HC. Payton is an even move with McCarthy. Besides, he'd be the 3rd offensive-minded HC consecutively.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed, if we need a new HC, then we should have Quinn as HC. Payton is an even move with McCarthy. Besides, he'd be the 3rd offensive-minded HC consecutively.
If the Jones boys replace McCarthy, let it be Quinn. Let someone else manage the offense. That's what has happened anyway. McCarthy has been emasculated by Jones' choice of KM.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You think a team that pays a CB who enjoys riding along for drive-by shootings in his free time is going to care about pain pills?