Marion Barber didnt follow dress code

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
espn_macmahon Tim MacMahon

Marion Barber is active and warming up. If he starts, Jason Garrett's emphasis on discipline this week was pointless.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694889 said:

Marion Barber is active and warming up. If he starts, Jason Garrett's emphasis on discipline this week was pointless.

Discipline....accountability.....

But dressing and warming up, I think we all expected that anyway.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Sit Him I really hope that Garrett does and he needs to if he is going to show the team that they can't disrespect the rules, Make dumb mistakes, lay down and give up on Plays and playing like they don't care and still think that they will keep a starting job, get decent playing time or even still keep a spot on the Cowboys roster after this season if they keep playing badly or disrespect the rules.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Jimz31;3694893 said:
Discipline....accountability.....

I'd be really disappointed if he starts. I don't mind him playing but he needs to sit for a bit and not start. Heck, he shouldn't be starting anyway...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694889 said:

If he's on the field then the emphasis on discipline was pointless.

Being a starter means taking the first snap. So if he comes in on the first drive or even the first quarter it's a moot point.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694889 said:

Either JG just talk no action or Jerry Jones forced JG to play him.In both cases it is not good start.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I'm going to be pretty disappointed if the only thing Barber faces is a fine.

This team has gone full ******. Sad, but true. And they need to be treated like a bunch of children until they can prove to put in the effort like a professional football team should.

The basic idea; that Barber wore a sport coat and jeans isn't a big deal. The problem is, this is a team of losers, who've quit, can't perform at a profession level, and have shown disrespect to coaches. This is just another example of the inmates running the asylumn. And for any of that to change, its going to take additional focus on the dumb, little things, such as this... to change the attitude of a diva team.

LongSnapper

Reaction score
If he starts I will probably watch one play and then on to something else. I will then know NOTHING has changed and feel real bad

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3694889 said:

IF he does start, then I am really dissappointed with JG, then I expect this game to be a blowout again. Its a minor thing but on big picture it shoots his credibility completely. HE is not the guy who I thought would be I guess. But then I guess whether he followed the dress code or not, I would like to know, i.e. he had a good excuse or not. Can't think of any that he can have that would be legitimate.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
LongSnapper;3694903 said:
If he starts I will probably watch one play and then on to something else. I will then know NOTHING has changed and feel real bad

If he start I will quit caring for this team as long as Jerry control it. I am tired of empty promises.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The Fonz;3694906 said:
If he start I will quit caring for this team as long as Jerry control it. I am tired of empty promises.

You're in for a long stint with a new team then.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
i would also like to know what the so called leaders on the team think of such an action..?.....i bet no one said anything to him at all (players)

sure hope Garrett passes this first test

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Marion is obviously testing Redball... don't think the rest of the team isn't watching.. this is going to be interesting..

VThokie7

Reaction score
The Fonz;3694900 said:
Either JG just talk no action or Jerry Jones forced JG to play him.In both cases it is not good start.

I disagree. Just because he is warming up doesn't mean anything. They just want to put him in uniform and leave him on the sideline in case of injury. I would wait until Marion does or does not get carries in this game before making a verdict.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
The Fonz;3694906 said:

Like I said, starting isn't the big deal. It's playing time. Who cares if he doesn't take the first snap? He needs to sit for a substantive amount of time if this is going to mean anything.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Jason Garrett knows he is auditioning and needs to get a win. A win against the Giants would impress Jerry more than discipline IMO. So Garrett is not gonna bench the guy who he thinks is the best RB on the roster and gives them the "best chance" of winning :(

Zman5

Reaction score
If Barber plays significant minutes, Cowboys will be a bigger joke than it already has been this season.

Same ole, same ole.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3694909 said:
You're in for a long stint with a new team then.

I will watch but they will never be a priority no more I will watch them like I am watching the Lions playing the Bills