Marion Barber didnt follow dress code

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;3694531 said:
I'm going out on a limb here. Barber will play the first series.
I'm not going out on a limb here, the good feelings I had about JG will take a huge nose dive if something isn't done.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;3694531 said:

Yeah, they will probably start him. But, if Garrett lets him play right off the bat, I'm going to lose a little faith in his words as a coach.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;3694531 said:

I will be mad at Jason Garrett if he did play.This is a slap on the face

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Sarge;3694529 said:
How Garrett handles this is an even bigger issue

I agree. If he does nothing, it will basically say he's all bark. Even a fine doesn't sound like much either.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dash28;3694527 said:
This.

I'm sure he knows his time is up and is acting out now. Peace out Marion.

He could also have been told earlier that he won't be starting... That could have set him off.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;3694431 said:
I'd sit him for at least the 1st quarter if I were Garrett.

It's quite possible that Barber might have been told he was moved down the depth chart and responded by not following the dress code. While I don't know that's the case, I do find it hard to believe any player would purposely not follow the new dress code unless they were doing it out of spite.

-Reality

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;3694543 said:
He could also have been told earlier that he won't be starting... That could have set him off.

Great minds ... :D

-Reality

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
That's a possibility but he should still act as a professional.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
That is kind of what I'm thinking. It could also be a reason why Wade never had the fortitude to make it happen, cause he knew Marion would act out.

It never made sense that guys like Felix and Choice are riding the pine while MB is in the game under performing.

kmp77

Reaction score
This is the first test as the HC. Let's see what he does.

If he does nothing, then a huge sign he's all talk. Barber should at least miss the first half.

landroverking

Reaction score
I would put him on the inactive list today. Let him wear his jeans and tennis shoes on the side lines.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
The thing is, if Barber doesn't start or play much we won't know if it's because he was disciplined for not wearing his suit or if the decision had already been made that he wouldn't. I imagine JG won't divulge anything in his pressers either.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tupperware;3694537 said:
I'm not going out on a limb here, the good feelings I had about JG will take a huge nose dive if something isn't done.
What if Garrett plays him during the first series and then sits him the rest of the game?

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Funxva;3694534 said:
I have to say, that I work for the Army as a Civillian. I was hired on after being a contractor for some time, where there was no dress code for contractors.

Even though I am doing essentially the same job, now that I am a civillian, there is a Dress Code. I wear a Tie, Slacks and a dress shirt every single day. I work around Computers, but it's about direction from the top down. I made the mistake of not wearing a tie on my first Friday there. I had a Sweater over my button down shirt and slacks.

It didn't matter. I got sent home like a little kid from school to go and grab a tie. I never made the same mistake again!

I used to work on a Navy base as a contractor to computer tech support. We were a business casual environment. One exception, if it was your two-week stint on physical computers moves (and there was a lot, at least 8 a day) you could wear jeans. Seemed pointless to be crawling around under dirty, dusty, mouse poop floored desks in nice clothes. Of course, sometimes you had to do that to diagnose computer problems.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694555 said:
What if Garrett plays him during the first series and then sits him the rest of the game?
I'll have a dumb look on my face and wonder what on earth the point in that was.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
DallasEast;3694555 said:

That will probably be because of his constant dancing around before hitting the hole, or for gaining 2 yards then come up swinging like he just ripped off 40...

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Reality;3694544 said:
It's quite possible that Barber might have been told he was moved down the depth chart and responded by not following the dress code. While I don't know that's the case, I do find it hard to believe any player would purposely not follow the new dress code unless they were doing it out of spite.

-Reality

or maybe the dog at the memo before he read it. :)