Marshawn Kneeland. Waste of a 2nd Round Pick

raven55

Reaction score
could have the 2nd best running back instead of having 4 or 7 rated ones from 2022 just to bad the running game is still in the tank you might have the blockers but that;'s all

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah, DEs don't run 40 yards in a play. 10, shuttle, 3 cone need to be looked at. I think Kneeland was tops in the agility drills.
he reminds me of Saints dlineman Cam Jordan. The way he uses his heavy hands and power. His game seems similar.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Many had kneeland rated ahead of Chris Braswell AND Darius Robinson. Dane Bugler had him real high.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Yeah, DEs don't run 40 yards in a play. 10, shuttle, 3 cone need to be looked at. I think Kneeland was tops in the agility drills.
He's a great athlete. 90+ percentile in the agility drills among college DEs, which for a bigger DE is even more impressive.

His 10 yard split is decent, his jump drills showing explosion are both great, his agility drills are both elite. And even if you look at that red flag under height... he's got 34.5" LT-length arms. Everything about Kneeland's measurables checks out.

timb2

Reaction score
I'm gonna tell you who Kneeland reminds of.

PEPPI ZELLNER!!!!

Same-Decent athlete but with ability it never materialized into a pass rusher. They fell in love with film of Kneeland and convinced themselves he was a stud.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Oh really, who?
Brugla had him ranked at 32. ESPN had him with a higher grade than Braswell. Daniel Jeremiah had him rated higher on his last board as well. Some folks don’t like the pick. Fine. I love the pick. This front office is incompetent. But I don’t hate on every single thing for sport. Calling this kid who many experts had in their top 50 a wastevpick is insane.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Brugla had him ranked at 32. ESPN had him with a higher grade than Braswell. Daniel Jeremiah had him rated higher on his last board as well. Some folks don’t like the pick. Fine. I love the pick. This front office is incompetent. But I don’t hate on every single thing for sport. Calling this kid who many experts had in their top 50 a wastevpick is insane.
Sign of needing a mental health check.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This was objectively a weak DE class.

I hope you’re not implying I crap on everything this FO does.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
This was objectively a weak DE class.

I hope you’re not implying I crap on everything this FO does.
Not you but many certainly do. Outside of OL and WR I thought the draft was pretty weak. I thought they did a great job of building the OL. Big fan of Kneeland. Some not so much. All good. Would have taken Lloyd with the 2nd pick in the 3rd round. The draft was a replace what we lost draft. Playoff teams serious about competing do more in FA. And that’s where you see failure.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
@timb2 doesnt like the pick? I love it even more. Kneeland is a more athletic Armstrong. Is he going to be a “war daddy” that you can count on for 12+ sacks every year? Most likely not. But will he be a good starter that gets 8-12 sacks a year and is also good vs the run? Yeah I really think so.

Good pick. And people have their heads buried in the sand about our DE situation. There’s 500+ snaps missing from last year and no one to play them…until now. Not to mention that DLaw is all but gone after this season
I watch the guy's film and his strength/instincts as a run defender are fantastic. He may never be all that much as a pass rusher, but if he can chip in 4-6 sacks a season and man up against the run I will be thrilled.

Kneeland was not picked to be a standout pash rusher, because that's not his game. They picked him to be a brick house against the run and based on what I've seen in his film he should be able to bring it.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Kneeland was ranked fairly high in the scouting community and I love is physicality the run game but man I’m really struggling with the lack of production as a small schooler. If you’re a premium pick from a small school I’d expect a million sacks, pressures and TFLs and he was nowhere near that.

I think bend is one of the top pre-requisites to be a high end pass rusher in the NFL and I just don’t see it with him. The Tank comp is not a good one IMO bc he was actually a pass rush demon in college. Gholson / Fehoko are probably much better comps.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Kneeland was ranked fairly high in the scouting community and I love is physicality the run game but man I’m really struggling with the lack of production as a small schooler. If you’re a premium pick from a small school I’d expect a million sacks, pressures and TFLs and he was nowhere near that.

I think bend is one of the top pre-requisites to be a high end pass rusher in the NFL and I just don’t see it with him. The Tank comp is not a good one IMO bc he was actually a pass rush demon in college. Gholson / Fehoko are probably much better comps.
Its what he did at the senior bowl against guys being drafted, Which seems like the same thing with our other picks. They all performed great there.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

It's weird. On tape, he looks stiff as a board, but his Combine drills show top-end change of direction.

I would rather bet on two years of film than on two drills in the underwear Olympics, but the dichotomy between them is stark. One of them's going to hold up in the NFL.

tm1119

Reaction score
I would just like to point out the OP @timb2 ’s last mock draft he posted

2- Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin
3- Hunter Nourzad C Penn State
3- Zion Logue DT Georgia
5-Gabe Hall DT Baylor
5- Mason McCormack OG South Dakota State
5- Xavier Thomas DE Clemson
5- Frank Crum OT Wyoming
6-Ricky Pearsall WR Florida
6- Beanie Bishop CB West Virginia
7-Austin Reed QB Western Kentucky
7- Millard Bradford S TCU
7-Willie Drew CB Virginia State
7-Ryan Berta C Queens

Again…if he doesn’t like a draft pick it should probably get you excited

cnuball21

Reaction score
Its what he did at the senior bowl against guys being drafted, Which seems like the same thing with our other picks. They all performed great there.
I don’t put a lot of stock in those 1:1s…the OLmen are setup for failure kind of like DBs in 7 on 7.

I haven’t been able to find any game footage.