Martin contract getting closer but not official until contract details are released

coult44

Reaction score
ruptured knee or back coming, its the cowboy way get paid big get hurt never be the same lOL

Dude, take that CRAP somewhere else. There's nothing to LOL to laugh about when talking about a serious injury to the guy who might be the best player on the team.

coult44

Reaction score
Happy that ZM is locked up long term.

Not so happy that he’s getting paid so much that he will hog up a good chunk of the cap.

Not saying ZM didn’t earn it, however the clock has started as to when fans will complain about ZM’s contract as soon as he shows any decline in ability or misplay on the field.

If you want good players you have to pay for them. You could keep paying crappy players, crappy money , but we haven't won anything with that strategy

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Good point but as stated before, I can't us having FIVE OLmen on large second deals. I see Smith, Fred and Martin as core or lifelong Cowboys. Since Williams is rookie, he could very be Smith replacement in four or five years. Collins walk after 2019 or maybe gets one franchise tag but I do not see them offering him a long-term deal.
I disagree. This team is built up front, they will maintain their strength, unless a new coaching regime comes in and wants to build it another way.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dude, take that CRAP somewhere else. There's nothing to LOL to laugh about when talking about a serious injury to the guy who might be the best player on the team.

Yeah, we need all hands on deck, and we happen to have a world class guard that we signed. We shouldn't be laughing about the possibility of issues coming about. Could it happen? Yes. But I don't think any of us want that. He's a brilliant guard, and he's the arrow pointing the way to the end zone for Zeke.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If you want good players you have to pay for them. You could keep paying crappy players, crappy money , but we haven't won anything with that strategy

Exactly, and I do think that Martin is worth the money. Unfortunately, this isn't Madden or FIFA where you can just sign anyone that you want and turn off the Cap Space in the case of Madden (which I have used a lot).

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I disagree. This team is built up front, they will maintain their strength, unless a new coaching regime comes in and wants to build it another way.

Exactly, and this is our ticket to the Super Bowl if we can get our defense up to snuff. I don't think they're too far off from that either. With the oline that we have, we should easily be able to move the ball and control the clock. With this being the case, the defense shouldn't be on the field awfully much. This gives them the ability to remain in good health and good spirits so that they can do what they do best. Oh, and if opposing offenses are having to pass a lot more, I think we'll see our old friends DLaw and Taco taking residence in the backfield.

coult44

Reaction score
Love Martin but no way he or any other G is worth that kinda of Cap dollars esp when you have defense that is torn apart at will by talented QB out there.....another Jerry idiotic GM move....yes 24 yrs going on 30 yrs of no SB Glory for us....

P.S. Hey Jerry here's the secret to success in today NFL.....the Cap Jerry the CAP!!!!

I disagree. We've never done this before. JJ Usually gives the money to skill position guys that never are as good as the money they got after they signed. Now we are investing in the trenches something we haven't done since the Jimmy days.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I disagree. We've never done this before. JJ Usually gives the money to skill position guys that never are as good as the money they got after they signed. Now we are investing in the trenches something we haven't done since the Jimmy days.

Well, I don't know anything about the Jimmy days, as I was born in 1992. However, I do think it is brilliant that we are investing heavily in the trenches. That is the safest place to invest, as a solid offensive line gives you a bit more flexibility. I am curious to see what else Jerry has in mind for this offseason. Now that we've gotten this done, it'd be brilliant of him to invest in a 1 tech. That'd be the ticket for our defense to take the next step.

Hardline

Reaction score
It's not wise& not patriot- like to pay a customary position as guard the top salary@ that position in the league but pay the antithesis of that position a D- tackle pennies on dollars.This front office hasn't gotten it right for decades now& the philosophy keeps changing.
As long as we continue to adhere to this philosophy that u don't pay or don't give up high resources (1,2,3rd picks) to D- tackles in order to stop the run but u pay the position of OG that a D-tackles plays against, we will continue to get the results we have been getting for the better part of 2 decades. It's maddening & it's definitely a flawed philosophy.
It's not wise& not patriot- like to pay a customary position as guard the top salary@ that position in the league but pay the antithesis of that position a D- tackle pennies on dollars.This front office hasn't gotten it right for decades now& the philosophy keeps changing.
As long as we continue to adhere to this philosophy that u don't pay or don't give up high resources (1,2,3rd picks) to D- tackles in order to stop the run but u pay the position of OG that a D-tackles plays against, we will continue to get the results we have been getting for the better part of 2 decades. It's maddening & it's definitely a flawed philosophy.
:huh:

coult44

Reaction score
ya you keep applauding there my fellow Boys fan when opposing QB are marching down the field at will cause we don't have the Cap dollars to build a New Doomsday.....hey look on the bright side JG will be applauding with you.....:clap::clap::clap::clap:

You act like they would spend that money on defense. Why would believe that?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You act like they would spend that money on defense. Why would believe that?

Honestly, I do think that is the next move. Now that we've gotten this done, I do think we'll see more money spent on defense. I reckon that there are still some legitimate 1 tech options available, unless our coaches think that they've found one in the UDFA ranks. That'd be even better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The dumbest thing I've read in this thread is people saying "oh....it's not proven you can win a super bowl spending resources on a offensive line.....". Its OUR strength. The Cowboys know what it takes to win a Super Bowl. Parcels and Jimmy showed them or taught them. You need to dominate on both sides of the ball.

Hardline

Reaction score
I haven't watched anything new the past several years, but I bet I can put together a small list of interesting things to watch...
I'll PM you in a bit.

Edit: I basically watch either old stuff, or terrible old stuff nowadays. Generally terrible old stuff. It amuses me.
I still watch Monty Python.
And I love Fawlty Towers. John Cleese is a comedy genius.

CPanther95

Reaction score
You gotta pay Martin's 2nd contract. That way you don't have to pay Zeke's.

reddyuta

Reaction score
The dumbest thing I've read in this thread is people saying "oh....it's not proven you can win a super bowl spending resources on a offensive line.....". Its OUR strength. The Cowboys know what it takes to win a Super Bowl. Parcels and Jimmy showed them or taught them. You need to dominate on both sides of the ball.

the eagles just won a super bowl with a dominant Oline(they even had good backups!!)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I wonder what it will take for fans to stop worrying about how much money a player gets.