Martin contract getting closer but not official until contract details are released

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Dak-bots in the end name calling is there only venue as the fans have eyes and know a terrible QB when they see one!
Let's see Dak-bot our team has the most expensive offline in the NFL now with 4 no 1 picks and a 2 pick and the Best HB in the league if your man Noodles Dak cant score at least 30 points a game what excuses are you bringing to these nice forums to excuse the Dak man?...Dak bots where reality is a NON-Issue.....

I picked the wrong time to look at the board. Im not a Dak fan but this is what goes on now? Going after other fans like this? You realize we all like the same team right

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I picked the wrong time to look at the board. Im not a Dak fan but this is what goes on now? Going after other fans like this? You realize we all like the same team right
Some people want their team liked a certain way, I guess...

CapnB

Reaction score
Not sure if its been mentioned in the 8 pages of this thread, but before this contract we were supposed to be 72 mil under the cap next year. Yeah Martin takes a bit off that. But it's way more than the cowboys have ever been since the salary cap era begun. I'm just guessing on that last part. So someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
It's not wise& not patriot- like to pay a customary position as guard the top salary@ that position in the league but pay the antithesis of that position a D- tackle pennies on dollars.This front office hasn't gotten it right for decades now& the philosophy keeps changing.
As long as we continue to adhere to this philosophy that u don't pay or don't give up high resources (1,2,3rd picks) to D- tackles in order to stop the run but u pay the position of OG that a D-tackles plays against, we will continue to get the results we have been getting for the better part of 2 decades. It's maddening & it's definitely a flawed philosophy.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It's not wise& not patriot- like to pay a customary position as guard the top salary@ that position in the league but pay the antithesis of that position a D- tackle pennies on dollars.This front office hasn't gotten it right for decades now& the philosophy keeps changing.
As long as we continue to adhere to this philosophy that u don't pay or don't give up high resou
What language is this?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
6 years, $80 million seems pretty reasonable to me. $32 guaranteed is quite a bit though.

Thought he would average more than $13.3 a season.
Guarantees are always risky because health isn't guaranteed. That said, Martin seems about as low risk as you can get, so I'm not too worried about his guarantee.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
What language is this?
The language where u don't pay OG's the top salary in the game, yet u pay the position OG's play directly against (DT's) nothing or minimal pay. Very simple to me but hey I can see why that maybe too complex for you

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
amen. Spot on. This crap of how we don't really need Martin..is a farce. Tired of posts like that. Its either pure ignorance or someone just don't know how football games are won. Its starts up front.
If this didn’t get done, all we’d hear about was how cheap Stephen was.