Martin contract getting closer but not official until contract details are released

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Martin.......but he's a dam guard which is one of the positions you should be able to fill for a reasonable salary. Now, we got the most expensive one in history.

Love Martin but no way he or any other G is worth that kinda of Cap dollars esp when you have defense that is torn apart at will by talented QB out there.....another Jerry idiotic GM move....yes 24 yrs going on 30 yrs of no SB Glory for us....

P.S. Hey Jerry here's the secret to success in today NFL.....the Cap Jerry the CAP!!!!

phildadon86

Reaction score
Love Martin but no way he or any other G is worth that kinda of Cap dollars esp when you have defense that is torn apart at will by talented QB out there.....another Jerry idiotic GM move....yes 24 yrs going on 30 yrs of no SB Glory for us....

P.S. Hey Jerry here's the secret to success in today NFL.....the Cap Jerry the CAP!!!!
Love how you managed to take Zacks contract and use it against Dak somehow. Please just stop. You are a joke of a poster

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yep then they wonder why Rodgers marches down field and scores on us at will.
Look on the bright side we will have the most expensive NFL offline in history!
Another waste of much needed cap dollars (Defense!!!!) for a game plan that hasn't produced squat and will continue to produce squat!

P.S. Wait till they 8 man us or we face the Eagles and Jags,Texans,then most of you will feel the need for a GREAT DEFENSE BABY cause not even the great wall of China gonna stop those defenses....
Looking at the history of the NFL and great Defenses going up against great Offenses. The great defenses almost always control the great offenses. Sometimes just a very good Defense will control an all time great O. Look what the Giants D did to Tom Brady and Randy Mosses record setting O in the Super Bowl a few years ago. We don’t value Defense enough, it’s just not smart football. Look at our salary cap allotment. Heavily weighted to the O, and that is with Dak on his rookie contract!

Rayman70

Reaction score

uhh? :huh::huh: :huh:Really? He is the best guard,MAYBE the best olineman in the league,and you didn't want to secure him? THAT my friend would be idiotic...you have the best player at his position on the team..yet you want to mess around and low ball him...and MAYBE cause a hold out..or a distraction?! lol...The organization had no choice but to sign him long term,rightfully so. I applaud it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Love how you managed to take Zacks contract and use it against Dak somehow. Please just stop. You are a joke of a poster
amen. Spot on. This crap of how we don't really need Martin..is a farce. Tired of posts like that. Its either pure ignorance or someone just don't know how football games are won. Its starts up front.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
tenor.gif

phildadon86

Reaction score
Looking at the history of the NFL and great Defenses going up against great Offenses. The great defenses almost always control the great offenses. Sometimes just a very good Defense will control an all time great O. Look what the Giants D did to Tom Brady and Randy Mosses record setting O in the Super Bowl a few years ago. We don’t value Defense enough, it’s just not smart football. Look at our salary cap allotment. Heavily weighted to the O, and that is with Dak on his rookie contract!
Difference is, our O can keep the ball and tire out elite and good defenses. We have in the past, and we will again. Zeke punishing them and our line mauling up front is huge. Elite defenses get tired just as much and as fast as bad ones.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
It should lower it to around 5m-6m this year depending on the SB

While this is always how it works- I always wondered why teams didn’t frontload the contract.

Why not pay Zack 16-19 million this year so later years it’s less when we are paying other players more? I mean we have the space........

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
While this is always how it works- I always wondered why teams didn’t frontload the contract.

Why not pay Zack 16-19 million this year so later years it’s less when we are paying other players more? I mean we have the space........
Because the cap goes up not down and if players slip you do want to give them all the money up front

All deals turn into 2-3 team options that aren't guaranteed

Plus any excess is rolled over...... it doesn't get wasted...... but it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it