Martin contract getting closer but not official until contract details are released

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hey Joker when our Dallas wall is crumbling to the better defensive lines out there (a.k.a Denver game) you come back here and explain to us how the heck were ever going to build a well rounded team when all our Cap dollars are invested in beatable Dallas wall?
Yes Joker any great defense can Beat any great offline ....unless you woke up joking yesterday JOKER MAN!

Sell CRAZY elsewhere man......

Denver had one of the best DL? Fred, Tyron, and LC had bad games and we got way behind.

Peko, Wolfe, and Gotsis are not a "better DL."

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is deserving of being the highest paid as he's been in rarified air since he came into the league; however, if this team is going to have the highest paid OL in the league, what other parts of the team will be slighted? They've got Prescott and Collins coming up and Elliott not far behind.

For years, KC had the highest paid OL in the game and the best one. Never won jack with it.

SEA had the lowest paid OL in the league on their last trip to the SB.

Martin is a great player, among the best OL in the game but that doesn't mean he should be paid that by this team.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Denver had one of the best DL? Fred, Tyron, and LC had bad games and we got way behind.

Peko, Wolfe, and Gotsis are not a "better DL."

Exactly, our oline broke down that game massively. In fact, our team quit that game, as Zeke admitted. If you're a QB and your RB and oline quit on you, what do you think is going to happen?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Not really. Some agents hold out for large guaranteed money paid quickly. It's not the way the dez contract was structured. There is no hard and fast rule for resigning. The base salary is easy to determine. It's working out the details of the structure that are the difficult issues. Chalk another up for Stephen.

A signing bonus is a lump sum of money to be paid to a player when he signs a contract. This bonus is often a key aspect of contract negotiations, because it is the only truly guaranteed money in any contract. Signing bonuses are not, however, counted in their entirety the year a player signs the contract. Instead, the dollar value is prorated over the length of the contract, up to a maximum of five years. That is only for accounting, though; the bonus is paid, in its entirety, at signing. Let's go back to our example contract

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Another way to look at this if you are scared about locking that much money up in an OG.

With Smith, Frederick and Martin, you can pretty much go cheaper now at RT (in the future if Collins never progresses beyond what he is) and LG. I'd rather have three studs on an OL than 5 average guys for the same cost.

Good point but as stated before, I can't us having FIVE OLmen on large second deals. I see Smith, Fred and Martin as core or lifelong Cowboys. Since Williams is rookie, he could very be Smith replacement in four or five years. Collins walk after 2019 or maybe gets one franchise tag but I do not see them offering him a long-term deal.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? So how did we go into Seattle and become the first team in 3 years to win there? How did we absolutely destroy Green Bay at Lambeau( best run d at the time), and Pittsburgh at Heinz (best run d at the time)? How did we beat Baltimore (best run d at the time) and TB (best run d at the time) in 2016? If it wasnt Dak, and it wasnt the OL. Who was it? And I am the joker? You came here from another site, and within a week everyone here knew who you were and what you were. You are a troll of epic levels. And no one here respects your opinion because all you do every time is bash on Dak. So stop. Please, you are embarrassing yourself.

Litsen Dak-bot this has nothing to do with inept Dak this has to do with our team esp our Defense which is in dire need of Cap dollars.
Now i know it pains you to have me here reminding everyone of Dak's flaws but life if life and we are not all Blind!

Now take your Dakself and preach your crazy as we continue to be without glory year in and year out cause Doomsday has been a non issue in Big D since we last won a SB in 1995....

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Another way to look at this if you are scared about locking that much money up in an OG.

With Smith, Frederick and Martin, you can pretty much go cheaper now at RT (in the future if Collins never progresses beyond what he is) and LG. I'd rather have three studs on an OL than 5 average guys for the same cost.
Jerry did LCollins right and paid him like the 1st round pick he should have been

Jerry gave him his word he would hook him up after 2 years if he was good and they both came thru

I expect a fair third contract

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Exactly, our oline broke down that game massively. In fact, our team quit that game, as Zeke admitted. If you're a QB and your RB and oline quit on you, what do you think is going to happen?

Sure Zeke should have chased Harris but i do not give Dak a pass for that idiotic pick he threw.

visionary

Reaction score
Yes! We need to continue spending huge amounts of cap space on the OL in order to prove to the rest of the league that way works. They can take their "elite defenses" and shove it.

Look how well it has worked already
Just need to draft 5 backup OL with the next 5 first round picks

phildadon86

Reaction score
Litsen Dak-bot this has nothing to do with inept Dak this has to do with our team esp our Defense which is in dire need of Cap dollars.
Now i know it pains you to have me here reminding everyone of Dak's flaws but life if life and we are not all Blind!

Now take your Dakself and preach your crazy as we continue to be without glory year in and year out cause Doomsday has been a non issue in Big D since we last won a SB in 1995....
No cap dollars towards defense? We have invested heavily on defense in the draft the last few years. We completely rebuilt our secondary and LB corp in the last 2 years. We also just invested 17 million dollars to one defensive end. What are you talking about? You sound like a moron.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No cap dollars towards defense? We have invested heavily on defense in the draft the last few years. We completely rebuilt our secondary and LB corp in the last 2 years. We also just invested 17 million dollars to one defensive end. What are you talking about? You sound like a moron.

Dak-bots in the end name calling is there only venue as the fans have eyes and know a terrible QB when they see one!
Let's see Dak-bot our team has the most expensive offline in the NFL now with 4 no 1 picks and a 2 pick and the Best HB in the league if your man Noodles Dak cant score at least 30 points a game what excuses are you bringing to these nice forums to excuse the Dak man?...Dak bots where reality is a NON-Issue.....

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Dak-bots in the end name calling is there only venue as the fans have eyes and know a terrible QB when they see one!
Let's see Dak-bot our team has the most expensive offline in the NFL now with 4 no 1 picks and a 2 pick and the Best HB in the league if your man Noodles Dak cant score at least 30 points a game what excuses are you bringing to these nice forums to excuse the Dak man?...Dak bots where reality is a NON-Issue.....
What are you going to do if they DO average 30 points a game?

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Hey Joker when our Dallas wall is crumbling to the better defensive lines out there (a.k.a Denver game) you come back here and explain to us how the heck were ever going to build a well rounded team when all our Cap dollars are invested in beatable Dallas wall?
Yes Joker any great defense can Beat any great offline ....unless you woke up joking yesterday JOKER MAN!

Sell CRAZY elsewhere man......

Honestly, how can you expect Anyone to take...YOU seriously when your grammar skills are on a 3rd Grade LEVEL? U da man JOKER man!!!!

phildadon86

Reaction score
I love how you bring up name calling after you call me a Dak-Bot.