Twitter: Martin Contract Numbers

conner01

Reaction score
Correct!!!!!!......And we will continue to NOT WIN anything with all our Cap being invested in the Dallas Wall while our talent level on defense with the exception of Lee and D-law is bleeding year in year out! Today was another example of Jerry idiotic GM world and the hunger continues ......lol...wait till they 8 man us this season and the excuses that will be posted here...in the end its all the coaches fault that they cant make Diamonds out of pieces of coal......
We’ve drafted many D players the last few years. The majority of the cap is on the offense because of the period of time we drafted them
Dlaw, the guys in the secondary, Irving are the most talented players on defense except lee and they are under rookie deals
Where you spend depends on who is up to spend on
Dlaw is about the get paid, soon others will and the shift will come

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ironic how before he agreed to a new contract, no one said anything about Martin other than sign him. Now that we've signed him, all I hear is that we spent too much.

Who said we spent too much?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
According to some here we haven’t invested in defence at all and have no chance at beating anyone because we paid Martin. Don’t even need to have the season. Just fold up shop
No one said we havent invested in the defense at all.
But when you have players like Jeff Heath, Jihad Ward, and Damien Wilson starting on your unit, it tells me we need to invest more there...

phildadon86

Reaction score
But when you have players like Jeff Heath, Jihad Ward, and Damien Wilson starting on your unit, it tells me we need to invest more there...
Damien Wilson isn’t starting Lee LVE Jaylon. Wilson will come in for certain plays but he is by no means the starter. Heath isn’t a world beater by any means but he’s not as horrible as come make him seem and Ward may surprise you this season.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Earlier you said invest zero dollars. So yes you said we haven’t invested at all.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember the Cory Procter era when half the board complained about the team not spending enough resources on the OL.
The Phil Costa era was worse.

I will never forget Jerry Jones then. "We like what we have in Phil Costa.".

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Damien Wilson isn’t starting Lee LVE Jaylon. Wilson will come in for certain plays but he is by no means the starter. Heath isn’t a world beater by any means but he’s not as horrible as come make him seem and Ward may surprise you this season.
More excuses for the lack of talent on defense. We have nothing at Safety (this has been the theme in Dallas for 15 years now), no 1-tech worth a damn, and no DE outside of D-Law who is worth a damn (Taco and Crawford are not some players that should make anyone feel we are content at the position).

cern

Reaction score

Then surround him with guys like kosier, livings, nagy, Kowalski and bernadeau and what have you got???

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Then surround him with guys like kosier, livings, nagy, Kowalski and bernadeau and what have you got???
The point about Livings and Bernadeau was very good. They spent "resources" in free agency on the pair of them.

It is not about allocation, it is about evaluation. That is where the real derision needs to be focused.

phildadon86

Reaction score
More excuses for the lack of talent on defense. We have nothing at Safety (this has been the theme in Dallas for 15 years now), no 1-tech worth a damn, and no DE outside of D-Law who is worth a damn (Taco and Crawford are not some players that should make anyone feel we are content at the position).
I 100 percent agree about safety. Woods will be a gem though

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

They are literally doing the same thing right now at Safety and Tight End (and some could argue Head Coach).

Although I'm a huge fan of this O Line, it was not by some grand design.

Tyron Smith was very much planned. They passed on Jacksonville's (generous) offer to move up because they did not want to risk losing Smith.
Travis Frederick was a result of bailing out of the 18th pick (the Sharrif Floyd incident) and not having any players with a first round grade left at 31. Kudos for making the right pick, but again, hardly the plan.
Zack Martin was the 4th choice behind Anthony Barr, Aaron Donald, and Ryan Shazier. 5th choice if you consider Jerry's very public desire to draft Johnny Manziel.
La'el Collins whole situation is unprecedented. He went from 1st round pick to murder suspect to undrafted in a 3-day span.
Connor Williams appears to be planned. The team seem locked in and resisted the urge to send away that 2nd round pick for Earl Thomas. Right move.

Very glad it worked out the way it did, but the O Line almost had to hit rock bottom before their whole philosophy changed.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The point about Livings and Bernadeau was very good. They spent "resources" in free agency on the pair of them.

It is not about allocation, it is about evaluation. That is where the real derision needs to be focused.
Livings was AWFUL the year before in Cincinnati. Bernadeau couldn't land a starting job in Carolina. Front Office made them multi-millionaires. Reeks of attempting to be clever.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They are literally doing the same thing right now at Safety and Tight End (and some could argue Head Coach).

Although I'm a huge fan of this O Line, it was not by some grand design.

Tyron Smith was very much planned. They passed on Jacksonville's (generous) offer to move up because they did not want to risk losing Smith.
Travis Frederick was a result of bailing out of the 18th pick (the Sharrif Floyd incident) and not having any players with a first round grade left at 31. Kudos for making the right pick, but again, hardly the plan.
Zack Martin was the 4th choice behind Anthony Barr, Aaron Donald, and Ryan Shazier. 5th choice if you consider Jerry's very public desire to draft Johnny Manziel.
La'el Collins whole situation is unprecedented. He went from 1st round pick to murder suspect to undrafted in a 3-day span.
Connor Williams appears to be planned. The team seem locked in and resisted the urge to send away that 2nd round pick for Earl Thomas. Right move.

Very glad it worked out the way it did, but the O Line almost had to hit rock bottom before their whole philosophy changed.

That it did, and our oline should never have been allowed to get that bad in the first place. Had we been more attentive to maintaining it, we would have been able to solidify our defense. More importantly, we could have utilized Romo's, Witten's, and Ware's primes a better.