Twitter: Martin Contract Numbers

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yeah I really dont understand the paranoia around here. We have managed the cap and refrained from signing other teams premium FAs so that we could retain our own.

I mean our oline is going to roll for years to come now. Retaining Martin is excellent news.
We are set at OL and the deals are all reasonable

OL contracts left on the books

Tron is due 6/68m.................0m gtd
TFred is due 6/47m...............9m gtd
LCollins is due 2/11-13m....... fully gtd
CWilliams is due 4/5.4m........3.2m gtd

ZMartin is due 7/93m..........40m gtd

Reactions: CWR

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Honestly I hope they front-loaded as much as possible to get it out of the way (assuming we aren't looking to make any more significant signings this off-season).
that is not the best approach

keep the cap hits low early and roll over any excess if it isn't spent

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Yeah I really dont understand the paranoia around here. We have managed the cap and refrained from signing other teams premium FAs so that we could retain our own.

I mean our oline is going to roll for years to come now. Retaining Martin is excellent news.
We as a fan base are so used to being in cap hell or being stressed that it has gotten us into the mindset that we will always be that way... regardless of the fact that over the last several years, our front office has taken care of business and will be able to sign all of our own over the next few years...

diefree666

Reaction score
Do not sign D-law in fact Cut him NOW.. . ..who needs a Defense when you have the Dallas Wall baby!!.....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

'Forgive them for they know not what they do'?

charleshaleycustom.jpg

Now I noticed that picture of the Dallas D line of the late 70's and early 80's. Just possibly the greatest D line ever. BUT GUESS WHAT? they only WON ONE LOMBARDI.
AND THAT WAS WITH a HOF QB and HOF RB-and what did they win when that HOF QB retired?

stiletto

Reaction score
This is a player I just feel we won't have to worry about. Doesn't seem like the type guy to get his money and quit like so many. Have no problem whatsoever with this dude getting paid....

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
that is not the best approach

keep the cap hits low early and roll over any excess if it isn't spent
I can understand this mindset as well, especially considering that the cap will increase by 10% each year. I didn't realize unused cap rolls over.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We as a fan base are so used to being in cap hell or being stressed that it has gotten us into the mindset that we will always be that way... regardless of the fact that over the last several years, our front office has taken care of business and will be able to sign all of our own over the next few years...

Exactly, and they're extending players like Martin that really deserve it.

CPanther95

Reaction score
This is a player I just feel we won't have to worry about. Doesn't seem like the type guy to get his money and quit like so many. Have no problem whatsoever with this dude getting paid....

You can't sign any long term contract without some inherent risk.

But you'd be hard-pressed to think of any player you could sign with less risk than Martin.

stiletto

Reaction score
You can't sign any long term contract without some inherent risk.

But you'd be hard-pressed to think of any player you could sign with less risk than Martin.

Agree totally.... yeah, always some risk I suppose.

J12B

Reaction score
Where is @J12B and his front loaded, cap eating contract?

I thought he had the inside info

Alright, I'll admit that I was wrong.

I just noticed how SF structured Garrapolos deal by having a large cap hit when the had plenty of cap space and lower future years cap hits. Thought Dallas should do the same since they have the space.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Extension values to $14M AAV. Total contract terms are 7 years, $93.341M for an AAV of $13.3M.

About as expected. I'd only count the extension AAV, as we already had the rights to this year cheaper.

I'll be interested in seeing how much money is pushed to the last couple of seasons. They may not be real years.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Correct!!!!!!......And we will continue to NOT WIN anything with all our Cap being invested in the Dallas Wall while our talent level on defense with the exception of Lee and D-law is bleeding year in year out! Today was another example of Jerry idiotic GM world and the hunger continues ......lol...wait till they 8 man us this season and the excuses that will be posted here...in the end its all the coaches fault that they cant make Diamonds out of pieces of coal......
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
We already have space available, and it's easy. We let La'el walk if he doesn't improve and likely let Zeke walk regardless.

Paying players big amounts of money only due to which side of the ball they play on is not a smart team-building strategy.
Let the best player on our team walk???

CPanther95

Reaction score
Wowza.......that Tony Romo money right there!

That's over 87 times what Roger Staubach got paid.

Do you really think Martin is going to be 87 times more valuable to the Cowboys than Roger was???