Mavs 24

Nav22

Reaction score
Go Mavs! Warriors fan here who would love to see Boston eat **** in the Finals again.

Vegas likes Boston but I've got the Mavs in 6.

Luka's the best player in the series and Kyrie as your #2 option is tremendous. I like that duo more than Tatum/Brown.

Carter

Reaction score
Celtics get Porzingis back in the Finals which should be the difference. I hope im wrong

Jayinem

Reaction score
Celtics get Porzingis back in the Finals which should be the difference. I hope im wrong
He won't have much of a positive impact for them, there's just too much evidence to the contrary. Hasn't played in 6 weeks, choked in the playoffs in Dallas and in the first round so no good playoff history, needs time coming off injury to warm back up, Dallas a bad match up for him because of our bigs. But he's supposed to just show up and be big for Boston? A lot of pressure and he ain't no Dirk Nowitzki with better defense like Boston fans think he is.

He is essentially Chet for OKC and our bigs took care of him, and I don't think he'll even be as good as Chet was.

38 year old Al Horford will be better for Boston this series than Porzingis.

He's built for the regular season, if he can even stay healthy.

That's not to say Boston can't win anyway, they're a really good team.

Last edited:

Jayinem

Reaction score
Look I'm still not saying "Mavs got this" and doing all that talking because it's meaningless I don't like to predict winners because I'll either be wrong or right, who really cares either way. But there's something I thought about that I would be concerned if I'm a Boston fan, has Boston really had played against a good team or meaningful basketball since the beginning of April? I would argue not really. They wrapped up the #1 seed then and just kind of went through the motions for several weeks to end the regular season. Finals start June 6th, so that's 2 months.

In the playoffs they get Heat with no Jimmy Butler and no Terry Rozier the entire series, then Cavs with no Jarrett Allen the entire series and Donovan Mitchell bowed out due to injury after Game 3 I believe, then Pacers lose Haliburton after Game 2.

They can only play who's in front of them and it's not really that I'm knocking them, but Dallas has gone through OKC and Minnesota who I believe is a lot tougher. They haven't faced a team like Dallas with a healthy star with something on the line in several months. Can they just come out and play great?

Jayinem

Reaction score
Imo the Mavs 2 Centers will be the difference in this series,Celtics cant stop the lobs.
Well it's really just Luka, they have to stop him from getting into the lane because then he either score or they get a lob, or kick it out to an open 3 point shooter, Luka will make the correct play. If Lu Dort who's built like a linebacker couldn't stop him Jaden McDaniels sure couldn't do it they can't do it.

The thing is what is going to happen when the Celtics are on offense. Mavs like to build a wall around the lane and say "beat us from 3" but the Celtics have 5 guys on the court that can hit 3s so if Celtics hit 20 3's they got a good shot of winning, but some nights 3s just don't fall, and the pressure of the finals could play a factor. As they say live by the 3 die by the 3.

quickccc

Reaction score
Well it's really just Luka, they have to stop him from getting into the lane because then he either score or they get a lob, or kick it out to an open 3 point shooter, Luka will make the correct play. If Lu Dort who's built like a linebacker couldn't stop him Jaden McDaniels sure couldn't do it they can't do it.

The thing is what is going to happen when the Celtics are on offense. Mavs like to build a wall around the lane and say "beat us from 3" but the Celtics have 5 guys on the court that can hit 3s so if Celtics hit 20 3's they got a good shot of winning, but some nights 3s just don't fall, and the pressure of the finals could play a factor. As they say live by the 3 die by the 3.
Can't the same be said for Kyrie into the lanes as well ? His passing is underrated and he can get the lobs to the dunking centers as well.
Not as efficient and smooth as Luka, but he can deliver his own fair share as well.

quickccc

Reaction score
Look I'm still not saying "Mavs got this" and doing all that talking because it's meaningless I don't like to predict winners because I'll either be wrong or right, who really cares either way. But there's something I thought about that I would be concerned if I'm a Boston fan, has Boston really had played against a good team or meaningful basketball since the beginning of April? I would argue not really. They wrapped up the #1 seed then and just kind of went through the motions for several weeks to end the regular season. Finals start June 6th, so that's 2 months.

In the playoffs they get Heat with no Jimmy Butler and no Terry Rozier the entire series, then Cavs with no Jarrett Allen the entire series and Donovan Mitchell bowed out due to injury after Game 3 I believe, then Pacers lose Haliburton after Game 2.

They can only play who's in front of them and it's not really that I'm knocking them, but Dallas has gone through OKC and Minnesota who I believe is a lot tougher. They haven't faced a team like Dallas with a healthy star with something on the line in several months. Can they just come out and play great?
Teams without their top key players .. those are the breaks but it's also the reason why I'm not yet convinced about the Celtics.

Heat , Pacers & Cavaliers (and especially without their key players) are just not near in the Mavs league and level,,,imo.
and that's even with a healthy Unicorn.

And if DPOY Rudy Gobert could not stop the ob dunks, ..what's Porz gonna do ?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Serious question. Is Luka = Magic + Bird? A mammoth passing PG like Magic with the swagger and shooting of Bird.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Luka is Luka, 1 of 1. He's not Magic or Bird, and they weren't him either. People spend too much time comparing players with one another when most of the time their play was not similar.

Like calling Anthony Edwards the next Michael Jordan which is a joke. MJ won 6 championships, Ant hasn't even been to the Finals, won MVP or any of the things Jordan has done. I would even make the same argument about Luka between Magic and Bird they have 8 championships, hopefully Luka will be 1 soon but it's definitely not guaranteed against the best team in basketball. But that still puts him way behind them.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Luka is Luka, 1 of 1. He's not Magic or Bird, and they weren't him either. People spend too much time comparing players with one another when most of the time their play was not similar.

Like calling Anthony Edwards the next Michael Jordan which is a joke. MJ won 6 championships, Ant hasn't even been to the Finals, won MVP or any of the things Jordan has done. I would even make the same argument about Luka between Magic and Bird they have 8 championships, hopefully Luka will be 1 soon but it's definitely not guaranteed against the best team in basketball. But that still puts him way behind them.
I don't compare Ant to MJ, but MJ didn't win a Finals until his 6th season, so Ant, or Luka for that matter, still has some time to match or beat it.......lol.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I don't compare Ant to MJ, but MJ didn't win a Finals until his 6th season, so Ant, or Luka for that matter, still has some time to match or beat it.......lol.
Ok so that would mean they're better or equal, it doesn't mean they're them.

No one in NFL says "Mahomes is the next Brady" the comparison is about their greatness, but not being the same Quarterback.

It's like an obsession with NBA fans every good player has to be a player before them, and many times they're not even similar players.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Ok so that would mean they're better or equal, it doesn't mean they're them.

No one in NFL says "Mahomes is the next Brady" the comparison is about their greatness, but not being the same Quarterback.

It's like an obsession with NBA fans every good player has to be a player before them, and many times they're not even similar players.
The difference is that Mahomes is more talented than Brady but doesn’t have the Super Bowls to match (yet). Ant is nowhere near MJ’s talent or his championships. In MJ’s second season, he put up nearly 40 points a game, so you can’t blame it on youth either.

The only guy in the NBA with even comparable individual statistics to MJ early in his career is Luka.