Mavs vs Thunder in the Western Conference Finals?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3951261 said:
Kobe isnt particuarly quick anymore, either. Bryant loves the post up turnaround 15-18 footer, and Kidd is a big strong guard capable of guarding a player like that. Russell Westbrook is much quicker than Kobe ever was, even in his prime. He'll blow right by Kidd like Paul and Parker have done the last few postseasons.

Take your dope some place else. Kobe is still one of the best players in the league period. Maybe he isn't 25 anymore, but to say he isn't quick is asinine.

I sense hater in you. :laugh2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas;3951499 said:
You still got those 60$ truck speakers you were all GIDDY about?

Or was it 40$? I forget.....

;)

OKC baby !!!

Hahaha what the heck? How do you even remember that?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;3951570 said:
Take your dope some place else. Kobe is still one of the best players in the league period. Maybe he isn't 25 anymore, but to say he isn't quick is asinine.

I sense hater in you. :laugh2:

Who said he wasnt still an elite player?

Nobody can deny that Kobe has lost a step or two. He was so great that even that doesnt stop him from being great. He was never the quickest guy in the league to begin with though. Ability to get to the basket and quickness are not the same thing. Did you watch the Mavs/Lakers series? Kobe couldnt get by Marion or Kidd with any degree of regularity.

MC KAos

Reaction score
anyone trying to claim kobe has not declined in skill level is a complete dope. Its not like he isnt a great player still, but he couldnt score 81 on anyone now a days, he cant go for 40 in 8 consecutive games or whatever it was that he did back in his late 20s. Sorry to break it to you, but kobe isnt getting better, he is only gonna continue to get worse. trust me, it hurts, but ive seen it with my own eyes with timmy. its not people being "haters", you are just in denial.

juck

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3951261 said:
Kobe isnt particuarly quick anymore, either. Bryant loves the post up turnaround 15-18 footer, and Kidd is a big strong guard capable of guarding a player like that. Russell Westbrook is much quicker than Kobe ever was, even in his prime. He'll blow right by Kidd like Paul and Parker have done the last few postseasons.
yes he can however Westbrook makes many dumb decisions and is not even in the realm of kobe in the jumper. So basically all Westbrook can do is go to the rim.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
juck;3952168 said:
yes he can however Westbrook makes many dumb decisions and is not even in the realm of kobe in the jumper. So basically all Westbrook can do is go to the rim.

Once Westbrook slows down he is going to be amazing but right now he just plays the game with his athleticism and no brains.

Thats why for every jaw dropping play you get you're guaranteed 2 bad ones.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Almost time to go to the game!

I'm pumped to get this thing started again.
Go Mavs

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3947812 said:
Chandler and Perkins will get chippy and possibly ugly. Both guys are defensive enforcers who don't take any attitude from anyone and have a history. I'd expect a couple techs and maybe even an ejection from these two.

Well, that didnt take long :laugh2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3952578 said:
Well, that didnt take long :laugh2:

amazing call by you! lol

Ren;3952597 said:
Mavs looks rusty shooting :bang2:

thats why i dont think game 1 is gonna be a big indicator of this series, the rest vs rust stuff. although that usually turns to be advantageous for the rusty team as the game progresses

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Thunder getting some ridiculous calls this half. The two Durant flops, that last terry "foul" and the drive by westbroo when Chandler went straight up.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
And another one, Westbrook loses the ball going up and gets a foul. Refs clearly trying to keep it close.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;3952601 said:
thats why i dont think game 1 is gonna be a big indicator of this series, the rest vs rust stuff. although that usually turns to be advantageous for the rusty team as the game progresses

IMO, the rust is a bigger factor. The Thunder don't look tired at all, while Dallas came out rusty, both offensively and defensively. I think if Dallas can pull this one out, they'll probably win the series in five. My seven game prediction earlier was based on OKC stealing game one and pulling out game six once it got there at home. Dallas is a better road team than OKC and will probably take one in Oklahoma.