Mavs vs Thunder in the Western Conference Finals?

MC KAos

Reaction score
he is on fire! he might go for 50. but i also think its gonna be very likely that the thunder win game 2, no way the mavs shoot 50%+ next game. But if you guys do win game 2, the series is over

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;3952653 said:
he is on fire! he might go for 50. but i also think its gonna be very likely that the thunder win game 2, no way the mavs shoot 50%+ next game. But if you guys do win game 2, the series is over

Eh, I'm not too worried. We might not shoot this well again, but the Thunder are also shooting 47% and they won't make 60% of their threes every game. Durant has also made just about every shot, he just doesnt have that extra mode like Dirk for moments like this just yet. He'll get there, though.

MC KAos

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3952658 said:
Eh, I'm not too worried. We might not shoot this well again, but the Thunder are also shooting 47% and they won't make 60% of their threes every game. Durant has also made just about every shot, he just doesnt have that extra mode like Dirk for moments like this just yet. He'll get there, though.

i was thinking that earlier, he is playing a lot like dirk used to. he needs to study some dirk tapes and work on his inside game, there is no SG or SF outside of lebron james that can guard durant down low because he is so tall and lanky. hopefully he can learn in time to stop the heatles from winning any titles the next 8 years or so

MC KAos

Reaction score
the way the mavs have been closing games in these playoffs outside of game 4 vs portland has been extremely impressive!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;3952663 said:
the way the mavs have been closing games in these playoffs outside of game 4 vs portland has been extremely impressive!

i think the issue isnt how they are finishing, but why on earth anybody on the Thunder sideline thinks Nate Robinson can guard JJ

MC KAos

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3952665 said:
i think the issue isnt how they are finishing, but why on earth anybody on the Thunder sideline thinks Nate Robinson can guard JJ

seriously! i thought that was like the match to light the mavs victory cigar! very bizzare move

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Ren;3952670 said:
How was that a foul on Marion? :confused:

Apparently, being taller and jumping higher = foul

That's a bad foul anytime, but it's exceptionally bad when it fouls out a starter in a close game

MC KAos

Reaction score
What a performance by dirk! Since, in my opinion, the mavs will win 1 game in OKC game 2 is a must win for the thunder

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The only thing that worries me is that Dirk probably won't have another game like that, JJ probably won't play that well again, Terry played very well, Westbrook was awful and Dallas still really had to work for the win at the end.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3952687 said:
The only thing that worries me is that Dirk probably won't have another game like that, JJ probably won't play that well again, Terry played very well, Westbrook was awful and Dallas still really had to work for the win at the end.
I think you can pencil JJ in for 10 off the bench every night. But Peja was a little off tonight too. That's the thing about this bench. Tonight we had 2 guys off the bench with 20+. Thursday it may be Peja and JJ, or Peja and Jet. Kidd wasn't looking for his shot tonight either.

MC KAos

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3952687 said:

Thats why I think the thunder will win game 2. But then again durant can't play much beet either. Btw shout out to the mavs fans at the arena it was. LOUD! Almost as loud as the 07 warriors or this years grizzle/thunder crowds! Very impressive

MC KAos

Reaction score
peplaw06;3952693 said:
I think you can pencil JJ in for 10 off the bench every night. But Peja was a little off tonight too. That's the thing about this bench. Tonight we had 2 guys off the bench with 20+. Thursday it may be Peja and JJ, or Peja and Jet. Kidd wasn't looking for his shot tonight either.

Also very true, that's the beauty of not shortening your bench up for the playoffs, if barea struggles then peja can try to take over.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I originally had the Mavs in 6. Still going to stick with that. Hard to get to the finals with such a young team.

The Thunder will be quite the handful over this decade, though.