Mavs vs Thunder in the Western Conference Finals?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That was our toughest game to win and we did it.

Mavs will win this one in 5.

Im sure OKC's coach is going to go back and tell his players to double Dirk so expect game 2 to be a 3 point parade for Dallas.

Great game. Hooray Germany.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Dirk has matured into Unstoppable, Unguardable. Freaking AMAZING. Durant is great, Dirk is a level above him at this point.

CONGRATULATIONS MAVS!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
53 bench points tonight for Dallas.

Anyone still doubt who has the best bench in the NBA?

BBQ101

Reaction score
Wow.

I am sure Dirk wont play like that everynight (right?). Where do you rank that performance in playoff history. The only reason you don't rank that right up there with the best is because it is only the first game in the series. Dirk was simply amazing tonight. How do you defend his fall away shot? I don't think it can be done!

Durant had an amazing game as well, but I think it speaks volumes that no one will ever remember it beyond them saying he came out to play game 1. Mavs look really deep right now. Looks like their strategy is to let Durant get his, and just frustrate/take away Westbrooks game. Give me Westbrook on the line 15 times a night with the amount of angst Dallas's D was giving him tonight. He hit nothing from the floor.

Even with Dallas going like 0-7 from 3 point land in the early stages of the game, Dirk made sure that OK could not pull away. You just knew in the 2nd quarter that Dallas would come back, because they shoot the three as well as anyone. Dirk simply looks like he has decided he needs his. If he keeps it up, he will be included with the all time best.

BBQ

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Side note: I really wish DeShawn Stevenson would stop shooting. I cringe every time that chucker gets the ball in his hands. He had a big steal on Durant late in the 4th, but offensively he's a huge liability.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
It saddens me that Barea is successful.

And did I see Scotty Brooks break the glass on Nate Robinson? lol

MC KAos

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3952740 said:
Who do you Mavs fans want Chicago or Miami?

Getting a little ahead of yourself don't you think?

But I will ablige, the mavs won't beat the bulls because of home court and their insanely good defense. The mavs would beat the heat because it represents them downing their demons. Plus the "fan up" heat fans don't show up until halfway through the first quarter and aren't very loud, the mavs would likely win multiple games in Miami

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
MC KAos;3952747 said:
Getting a little ahead of yourself don't you think?

But I will ablige, the mavs won't beat the bulls because of home court and their insanely good defense. The mavs would beat the heat because it represents them downing their demons. Plus the "fan up" heat fans don't show up until halfway through the first quarter and aren't very loud, the mavs would likely win multiple games in Miami

I dont see the Thunder having enough guys step up. Still too young and probably need 1 more proven veteran scorer.

I could see Taj Gibson stealing Boozers minutes and giving Dirk a tricky matchup. Rose would be an absolute nightmare for them but Chandler down low(with no threat to guard(Noah)) has the length to upset him

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Lets go ahead and finish the series before we request a team, I don't WANT either team. I want to win this series and get back to the finals. Oky City was chanting "We wan't DALLAS", well they have us and got plenty of us tonight.

Dirk is just amazing, it annoys me that everyone is on the radio/TV as if he just morphed into a great player after the LA series...look at his numbers, he has been doing this for years, we just weren't winning. Mavs fans know and probably take for granted what this guy does every night and know he is underrated.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
BBQ101;3952712 said:
Wow.

I am sure Dirk wont play like that everynight (right?). Where do you rank that performance in playoff history. The only reason you don't rank that right up there with the best is because it is only the first game in the series. Dirk was simply amazing tonight. How do you defend his fall away shot? I don't think it can be done!

Durant had an amazing game as well, but I think it speaks volumes that no one will ever remember it beyond them saying he came out to play game 1. Mavs look really deep right now. Looks like their strategy is to let Durant get his, and just frustrate/take away Westbrooks game. Give me Westbrook on the line 15 times a night with the amount of angst Dallas's D was giving him tonight. He hit nothing from the floor.

Even with Dallas going like 0-7 from 3 point land in the early stages of the game, Dirk made sure that OK could not pull away. You just knew in the 2nd quarter that Dallas would come back, because they shoot the three as well as anyone. Dirk simply looks like he has decided he needs his. If he keeps it up, he will be included with the all time best.

BBQ
If they continue to play him straight up with one defender, yes he will score close to 50. If they give the defender help, then no he will score close to 30 but kick out to the open man for a 3 a lot.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Corleone;3952784 said:
Lets go ahead and finish the series before we request a team, I don't WANT either team. I want to win this series and get back to the finals. Oky City was chanting "We wan't DALLAS", well they have us and got plenty of us tonight.

Dirk is just amazing, it annoys me that everyone is on the radio/TV as if he just morphed into a great player after the LA series...look at his numbers, he has been doing this for years, we just weren't winning. Mavs fans know and probably take for granted what this guy does every night and know he is underrated.
:hammer:

I keep seeing that graphic about Dirk being one of what is it 4 guys in NBA history who averages 25 and 10 in the playoffs. That is elite company and he's played a lot of playoff games.

But People just assume that if the team has underachieved in the postseason then the leader of the team has underachieved.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
windward;3952701 said:
I originally had the Mavs in 6. Still going to stick with that. Hard to get to the finals with such a young team.

The Thunder will be quite the handful over this decade, though.

I think the Mavs either win in 5 or 7. OKC isnt likely to get closed out at home.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3952740 said:
Who do you Mavs fans want Chicago or Miami?

Miami, Chicago plays better defense, has more depth and actually has a couple guys who can try and guard Dirk. Our bench will eat the Heat alive and Bosh/Big-Z/Haslem are either too slow, too old or too concerned with other aspects of their game to guard Dirk.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Barea was scoring at a clip of 1.3 points per minute (ppm) last night. (21 pts in 16 minutes) To put it into perspective, with Dirk's incredible game he was only scoring at a 1.1 ppm clip. Those (for both players) numbers are absolutely ridiculous. If the Thunder have any thought about winning this series, they had better find some defense and quick. They were absolutely carved up last night and it wasn't just Dirk that lit them up. Even Terry dropped 33 on them. (.72 ppm)

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
nyc;3952833 said:
Barea was scoring at a clip of 1.3 points per minute (ppm) last night. (21 pts in 16 minutes) To put it into perspective, with Dirk's incredible game he was only scoring at a 1.1 ppm clip. Those (for both players) numbers are absolutely ridiculous. If the Thunder have any thought about winning this series, they had better find some defense and quick. They were absolutely carved up last night and it wasn't just Dirk that lit them up. Even Terry dropped 33 on them. (.72 ppm)
:huh:

Terry had 24. He only made half of his 3PA. :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
peplaw06;3952844 said:
:huh:

Terry had 24. He only made half of his 3PA. :laugh2:

Whoops, typed that backwards. He had 24pts in 33 minutes. (ie, the .72ppm)

DFWJC

Reaction score
Great game. Epic performance by Dirk...similar to his game vs Phx a few years ago.

But it's just ONE game folks.

I can't believe anyone is mentioning the Finals already. That would make former mayor Laura Miller (of parade planniing fame) very proud.

Let's just get past OKC if we can please. ;)