Mavs vs Thunder in the Western Conference Finals?

MC KAos

Reaction score
Corleone;3952784 said:
Lets go ahead and finish the series before we request a team, I don't WANT either team. I want to win this series and get back to the finals. Oky City was chanting "We wan't DALLAS", well they have us and got plenty of us tonight.

Dirk is just amazing, it annoys me that everyone is on the radio/TV as if he just morphed into a great player after the LA series...look at his numbers, he has been doing this for years, we just weren't winning. Mavs fans know and probably take for granted what this guy does every night and know he is underrated.

peplaw06;3952808 said:
:hammer:

I keep seeing that graphic about Dirk being one of what is it 4 guys in NBA history who averages 25 and 10 in the playoffs. That is elite company and he's played a lot of playoff games.

But People just assume that if the team has underachieved in the postseason then the leader of the team has underachieved.

People that understand basketball have always known the truth about dirk, he can score at will. The problem is that he was non existent on defense and that's why he got criticized. He was also very reluctant to take his man posted up before and that's why Bruce Bowen had so much success on him back in the day, if he played the way he does now Bruce wouldn't have been able to stop him. But, the mavs playoff failures have always been more about his teammates, he has always done his part to help the team win as much as he can. He was never going to morph into KG or TD defensively so the Mavs FINALLY got him an athletic big man (Chandler) to help him out defensively and he has flourished even more in these playoffs.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Dirk has seriously improved his defense, especially in the post. He really held his own against Pau last series.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Actually, after a year or two, Nowitzki had no problem whatsoever dealing with Bowen one on one. But early on Bowen was a real pain for him. Once he started using his size on Bowen, SA was smart enough to double-team Dirk.

Absolutely correct about Dirks improvement in his post-up game and his overall defense. He plays good team defense and is actually now passable at the point of attack one-on-one.
He did have four blocked shots last night.

Also...great point about Chandler. He has helped Dirk and the overall team D immensely

Dirk's always been a very good rebounder--which also is part of defense.

His passing and overall court awareness are vastly improved as well.

He is just an ever improving player. Every off-season he takes a part of game that needs work and works on it. The guy just keeps getting better through hard work combined with freakish talent.

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3953295 said:
Dirk has seriously improved his defense, especially in the post. He really held his own against Pau last series.

He's improved on defense, but he's still average at best. That was more of Pau just being a little soft ***** more than anything. Hell even Landry shut Gasoft down.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Getting pumped for Game 2!

Each game is it's own thing and the Mavs really need to hold serve here.

The Heat taking one in Chicago changed the dynamic of that series already---the Mavs need to attack. I think the 3-point shooting will be key b/c you know OKC is going to throw the kitchen sink at Dirk. There should be plenty of open looks for others.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
DFWJC;3954164 said:
Getting pumped for Game 2!

Each game is it's own thing and the Mavs really need to hold serve here.

The Heat taking one in Chicago changed the dynamic of that series already---the Mavs need to attack. I think the 3-point shooting will be key b/c you know OKC is going to throw the kitchen sink at Dirk. There should be plenty of open looks for others.

No worries here.

We have better players and better systems on both sides of the court in place.

MC KAos

Reaction score
haha, gasoft!! thats a good one!

the thunder have to win tonight or this series is over, i have no idea who is gonna win, its such a toss up

DFWJC

Reaction score
CATCH17;3954169 said:
No worries here.

We have better players and better systems on both sides of the court in place.
I'll be there...half out of my mind and probably wearing one of those silly royal blue tee-shirts. And sadly, listening to that bone-headed PA guy coaching the fans on when to yell. Uh, I don't think they need coaching at this point....and it's cheesy. lol

Hopefully we get after them early and often. And hopefully Perkins is not successful in baiting Chandler into a tech. At least the NBA rescinded that double T from last game. Perkins can be a bit dirty sometimes and now he's making like the WWF on the radio with this thing.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DFWJC;3954186 said:
I'll be there...half out of my mind and probably wearing one of those silly royal blue tee-shirts. And sadly, listening to that bone-headed PA guy coaching the fans on when to yell. Uh, I don't think they need coaching at this point....and it's cheesy. lol

LETS GO MAVS! :laugh2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
DFWJC;3954186 said:

Hopefully we get after them early and often. And hopefully Perkins is not successful in baiting Chandler into a tech. At least the NBA rescinded that double T from last game. Perkins can be a bit dirty sometimes and now he's making like the WWF on the radio with this thing.
'

how many of those tshirts do you have now?:laugh2:

Perkins is an instigator, thats why they got him, and thats why despite his statistical shortcomings the celtics miss him. KG use to talk smack to EVERYONE before he got traded, because he is a little girl and knew perkins had his back, after he got traded he never jawed at anyone. also, if you look at the celtics statistically their offense suffered a lot after the trade, i think its because of two things, 1) he sets good, hard screens and 2) he was best friends with rondo, and rondo's performance suffered a lot after the trade

i just went on a huge tangent there about the celtics, but imagine me saying that in a Hubie Brown voice

DFWJC

Reaction score
MC KAos;3954226 said:
'

how many of those tshirts do you have now?:laugh2:

Perkins is an instigator, thats why they got him, and thats why despite his statistical shortcomings the celtics miss him. KG use to talk smack to EVERYONE before he got traded, because he is a little girl and knew perkins had his back, after he got traded he never jawed at anyone. also, if you look at the celtics statistically their offense suffered a lot after the trade, i think its because of two things, 1) he sets good, hard screens and 2) he was best friends with rondo, and rondo's performance suffered a lot after the trade

i just went on a huge tangent there about the celtics, but imagine me saying that in a Hubie Brown voice
Rant away!

I've been giving those tee-shirts away.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
zrinkill;3954412 said:
Come on Thunder!

:signmast:

If nothing else, it's a good game. The DFW media have been acting like OKC might as well not even show up. "If they do this, this, and this, it might be a competitive series." :cool: :rolleyes:

Huge contrast vs. the way they cover the Cowboys.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Did you guys know the mavs have covered the spread every game so far? Err, not that I gamble on sports or anything....

Ren

Reaction score
oh look all the Spurs fans are back :laugh2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
Ya Russell Westbrook is really starting to turn into stephon marbury jr!