Mavs vs Thunder in the Western Conference Finals?

MC KAos

Reaction score
if we are going by what players look like, what the hell is perkins? jack the ripper? i tell you, his mug scares the hell out of me, its like perma-mean mug!

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
How about we sway away from Westbrook and his character and starting looking forward to next game.... The Mavericks can close out the series with another win in Game 4. However, if the Thunder take Game 4, the series will be back to square 1, best out of 3. I am calling it a must-win for the Mavs. I know its a must win for the Thunder, but its rightfully the same for the Mavs.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
danielofthesaints;3955858 said:
How about we sway away from Westbrook and his character and starting looking forward to next game.... The Mavericks can close out the series with another win in Game 4. However, if the Thunder take Game 4, the series will be back to square 1, best out of 3. I am calling it a must-win for the Mavs. I know its a must win for the Thunder, but its rightfully the same for the Mavs.
How is it a must win for the Mavs? We've still got two games left at home and have shown we can win in OKC.

jimmy40

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3955823 said:
HOF Dirk shoves the kid, kid shows a spine and shoves back......must be a thug. You can just tell

As for his play he wasnt a PG his freshmen year, hes learning on the job
at least be honest about what happened, Westbrook stops in Dirk's path, puts a little shoulder into him trying to get a reaction from Dirk, got it and was stupid enough to get a technical on himself.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3955830 said:
All I'm really talking about here is what they do on the court. They may ve perfectly fine people off the court. On the court though, there are a lot of guys who don't act like adults or anything close to it, and competition tends to bring out the hidden parts people try to keep hidden.
Okay.

DFWJC

Reaction score
peplaw06;3955872 said:
How is it a must win for the Mavs? We've still got two games left at home and have shown we can win in OKC.
Exactly.
I'd say if it were a must win for anyone it would be for OKC.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;3955840 said:
if we are going by what players look like, what the hell is perkins? jack the ripper? i tell you, his mug scares the hell out of me, its like perma-mean mug!

Perkins does look like he wants to eat your soul :laugh2:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
danielofthesaints;3955858 said:

Huh? If OKC wins game four, the series is tied 2-2 and all Dallas has to do is win two home games.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
We saw how home court fared for us. We had to have dirk score 48 the first game and then lost the 2nd. I dont see why you guys are so confident that a home game for the Mavs is an automatic win. Game 4 is the game we go for the jugular. Taking two on OKC's home court will have a large detrimental effect on thier teams morale. I guess I've been a mavs fan for too long that I know Murphy's law has screwed us over throughout our whole franchise.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Well I would much rather play at home, in Dallas rather than on the road in that incredibly loud college environment. Place be rockin!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
danielofthesaints;3956167 said:
We saw how home court fared for us. We had to have dirk score 48 the first game and then lost the 2nd. I dont see why you guys are so confident that a home game for the Mavs is an automatic win. Game 4 is the game we go for the jugular. Taking two on OKC's home court will have a large detrimental effect on thier teams morale. I guess I've been a mavs fan for too long that I know Murphy's law has screwed us over throughout our whole franchise.

The difference is that it looks like Dallas has figured out how to defend OKC

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3956173 said:
The difference is that it looks like Dallas has figured out how to defend OKC

Hopefully. But I can't come to terms with that until they do it in consecutive games. We'll see in Game 4.

DFWJC

Reaction score
danielofthesaints;3956167 said:
I don't think anyone believes that. But if the series is at 2-2 and 2 of the last 3 are in Dallas, I would say the Mavs would be favored.

Everyone wants to win the next game...and nothing wrong with being greedy and wanting both games in OKC. But if you asked me before we went there if i would be happy with one win, I would say yes for sure.

The pressure is now squarely on the Thunder right now. They are almost surely done of they lose on Monday night.
That's all.

MC KAos

Reaction score
if the thunder win game 4 this series is going 7, if not it will end very soon (game 5) thats my 2 cents

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Any chance Dallas wins tonight?

I didn't like how they were calling game 3 the other night and I don't think we can overcome it twice.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CATCH17;3956401 said:

I didn't like how they were calling game 3 the other night and I don't think we can overcome it twice.

The NBA is an organized crime which is why I'm not longer a fan.

DFWJC

Reaction score
CATCH17;3956401 said:

How about 45-50% chance..

I agree about the calls in Game 3--especially the mugging of Dirk. But that goes both ways sometimes and I don't think this team worries too much about the refs like some of those past teams.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
nyc;3956403 said:
The NBA is an organized crime which is why I'm not longer a fan.

It is very, very difficult to be a fan of this league. Getting more into it the last couple of years, I'm reminded why I got so disgusted with it several years ago.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3956452 said:
It is very, very difficult to be a fan of this league. Getting more into it the last couple of years, I'm reminded why I got so disgusted with it several years ago.

Why do they do this?

It's like they are affraid of games being blowouts so they make the refs get involved or something.

I just don't understand why the league wants to screw teams so bad.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;3956401 said:

I think Dirk has to have another one of "those" nights for Dallas to win this one