Mavs vs Thunder in the Western Conference Finals?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;3956454 said:
Why do they do this?

It's like they are affraid of games being blowouts so they make the refs get involved or something.

I just don't understand why the league wants to screw teams so bad.

Longer series make for more drama and more revenue. Somebody on the basketball board RealGM a few years ago posted a spreadsheet showing average FT numbers from all game fours when the series was 2-1 and all game sixes when the series was 3-2 over the past 15 years. On average, the team that was trailing in the series shot 7 more FTs per game in such instances.

I have no doubt officials are encouraged to try and lengthen series when possible.

DFWJC

Reaction score
CATCH17;3956454 said:
Why do they do this?

It's like they are affraid of games being blowouts so they make the refs get involved or something.

I just don't understand why the league wants to screw teams so bad.
You knew it was bad when it came out that connected people would bet in Vegas based on what ref crew was covering certain teams.

Obviously, the Crawford crew that we always suspected as Mavs fans turned out to be one of them. The odds where off the charts against Dallas when they covered the Mavs games. Stats backed it up, but to see that it was even being bet on in Vegas was pretty disturbing.

Like it or not, Cuban turned out to be right...and the league has even made changes based on some of his recommendations.

Luckily, he has toned it down now that he's a family man, and that it became obvious that certain refs really did have it out for him for exposing them (Crawford being one of them). LOL. That book that vcame out says crawfor used to be at the bar braging that the Mavs would not win a playoff game if he had anything to do with it. Must not be real proof of that or he would be in jail right now (that book was a bit like the jopse Canseco book that turns out to be mostly true but was ignored due to the mesaanger).

Cuban's rants back in the day were detrimental to the the team. Now, he's had no major fines in nearly 5 years. I guess everyone grows up at least a little at some point.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas appears to have weathered the emotional storm. Down only 9 and held OKC to just 15 points in the final 8 minutes of the first.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3957096 said:
Dallas appears to have weathered the emotional storm. Down only 9 and held OKC to just 15 points in the final 8 minutes of the first.

It will take a half to weather the storm.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
danielofthesaints;3957111 said:
It will take a half to weather the storm.

Mission accomplished. Dallas being down only 5 at the half is borderline incredible. To be fair, a lot of it is turnovers and stupid fouls by OKC keeping Dallas in the game. That, and Russell Westbrook makes a couple dumb plays every time OKC starts to pull away.

Ren

Reaction score
This is just comical at this point, Stevenson take a albow to the stomach while going for a layup, no foul

Stevenson's hand brushes against someone when they drive barely gracing him, 2 shots

:lmao:

jimmy40

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3956461 said:
Longer series make for more drama and more revenue. Somebody on the basketball board RealGM a few years ago posted a spreadsheet showing average FT numbers from all game fours when the series was 2-1 and all game sixes when the series was 3-2 over the past 15 years. On average, the team that was trailing in the series shot 7 more FTs per game in such instances.
no way that could be because the team that was behind was more aggressive.

Ren

Reaction score
Mavs should spend the final 5 minutes here just handing out hard fouls, they're gonna get called for fouls anyways so they might as well FOUL

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas just needs to win one of the next two, because I don't believe OKC has the stomach to win a game 7 on the road yet. Durant will fold while Dirk will shine.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Um...wow. How the hell did that just happen?

Dirk went into legend mode in the last four minutes. Absolutely incredible.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
DIAF;3957205 said:
chokelahoma city

They ran some poor offensive sets late, but you can't place too much blame on the Thunder. I'm not sure what you call what Dirk just did, but you simply can't defend it. He hit EVERYTHING down the stretch, including two of the most ridiculous mid-range jumpers I've ever seen.

DFWJC

Reaction score
OMG!
Legendary comeback.
Dirk was preposterous.
:worthy2: :clap2: :worthy2: :clap2: