Maybe cool Jets blasting Dak

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dear fellow Zoners----i totally get it...i was so emotionally upset after we got smashed by 49ers i hated every player and coach...and now there is a wave of hate on Dak

but...2021 and 2022...Dallas Cowboys scored more points back to back seasons in franchise history...and this was after Daks injury

here is a take from ESPN Todd Arccher...."In 2021, the Cowboys were ranked No. 1 in yards, ninth in rushing and second in passing. A year later, they finished 11th in

yards but had the best red zone offense. The Cowboys scored 530 and 467 points, respectively, their best back-to-back production in franchise history".....lets give

big Mike a little more time adjusting His offense and play calling....and Dak more time to raise his level of performance...Dak is not a quitter and takes responsibility

and if Dak melts down and Mike turns out to be worst play schemer and caller let the hate come....SF and Philly both lost yesterday and we win tonight and beat Philly

we are first in division...so its Ok to slow our roll for now?

shabazz

Reaction score
it’s not a new wave of “Hate”. It’s a new wave of realization.

As in real life there’s always a group of folks that are the last to “get it”.

Not personal……just business. The clock has run out on patience.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You sure?
Maybe it just brought more out of the woodwork.
:muttley:

People like to pile on the hate bandwagon, as well the cool bandwagon when things go right. But it never seems as many, as when things do go right. There is a group that always finds fault.
We seen it over and over.

shabazz

Reaction score
You sure?

People like to pile on the hate bandwagon, as well the cool bandwagon when things go right. But it never seems as many, as when things do go right. There is a group that always finds fault.
after the Cowboys 3 wins I’ve seen a very high level of positivity here, however there were some of us that were concerned about the offense trading FGs for TDs and we voiced our concerns

we were jumped on by the homers that require 100% blind fandom which means zero tolerance for critical thinking and criticism …………I believe the entire free world of unbiased observers are now in agreement that we have problems here.

I have no issue with fans who wish to see the team through rose colored glasses and I have no problem with fans who only see the worst in our team …….just as long as they don’t dictate how everybody else should feel about the team. It’s really just that simple.

see a over-positive or over- critical post and it triggers someone?……here’s a suggestion; just don’t go into it!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Why? Are you afraid Dak will see this and get his feelings hurt? Until Dak can show his ability to compete well against the top teams (and in the playoffs) no one should be pressured to back off.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You sure?

The times when things go right are few and short lived. It's difficult to get on board when it is clear as day how the story is going to end.

If you think this past week has been brutal, just wait. It could get much worse.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

mr Shabazz---i have attempted to make it clear ...i am a straight up "HOMER"....i know ol Dak has lost confidence....but 2021 a year after injury Dak set
cowboy record for TD's with 37-10 INTs...how soon we forget too...losing Cooper is what front office screwed up on...pay a 1st in 2018 we were 3-5 and
were 7-1 last 8 games and beat Seahawks wild card...yes we lost by 8 against Rams who ran wild on us in divisional game...that was not Daks fault
i agree Dak taken a step back last two years....but Amari Cooper even not showing up some games made opposing teams double team him which
led to other receivers being more open....i will agree 49ers have our number right now....we also have a third string QB 49ers gave up 3 #1's...maybe
he just needs time to develop?....all 32 teams did not realize how Purdy was....mr irrelevant last pick in draft playing like Montana?...no one knows
as much as they think...so i choose to go opotomistic rather than Debbie Downer....plus i am certified crazy...Go-Cowboys...we win tonight one game back
and not even half way through season..then if we beat Sheagles back on top....its not impossible?...i cannot let clock run out on patience...that is attitude
if we let circumstances dictate our attitude that makes us snow flakes....cause they always go up and down???

Vanilla2

Reaction score

Thankfully there’s a game tonight

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why? Are you afraid Dak will see this and get his feelings hurt? Until Dak can show his ability to compete well against the top teams (and in the playoffs) no one should be pressured to back off.
i can see that point of view...keep pressure on Dak?.....i think he is built for it...i know he has improved footwork and throwing motion...maybe since losing Cooper
our passing offense gone down....i know some games it seemed he was missing but he demanded double team....and we have to wait for our TE to get up to
speed since we lost Shultz...Dak misses shultz too...a lot of drop passes too....we win tonight only 1 game down less than half-way point in season....and not
impossibe we beat Sheagles....then back on top east....not impossible...NFL to me is a crap shoot....Purdy under 50% yesterday 1 TD 1 INT..127 yds...yes they
lost players...since we lost Diggs we went down to 30th in league passing defense....its up to our DC to make adjustments...i like we got that linebacker who came
out same year LVE and better stats and attacks better.....hope Dak goes "hot" rest of season but big Mike must scheme better....yes it was not good for Dak to throw middle of field in cover 3 but why was receiver in middle of field?...should have been hugging sideline you dont run into 3 man coverage?....we had bad game and Dak played poorly but McCarthey has to adjust scheme too...Go -Cowboys beat them Chargers...big Mike out-call Moore??

blueblood70

Reaction score
i can see that point of view...keep pressure on Dak?.....i think he is built for it...i know he has improved footwork and throwing motion...maybe since losing Cooper
our passing offense gone down....i know some games it seemed he was missing but he demanded double team....and we have to wait for our TE to get up to
speed since we lost Shultz...Dak misses shultz too...a lot of drop passes too....we win tonight only 1 game down less than half-way point in season....and not
impossibe we beat Sheagles....then back on top east....not impossible...NFL to me is a crap shoot....Purdy under 50% yesterday 1 TD 1 INT..127 yds...yes they
lost players...since we lost Diggs we went down to 30th in league passing defense....its up to our DC to make adjustments...i like we got that linebacker who came
out same year LVE and better stats and attacks better.....hope Dak goes "hot" rest of season but big Mike must scheme better....yes it was not good for Dak to throw middle of field in cover 3 but why was receiver in middle of field?...should have been hugging sideline you dont run into 3 man coverage?....we had bad game and Dak played poorly but McCarthey has to adjust scheme too...Go -Cowboys beat them Chargers...big Mike out-call Moore??
:hammer: ;)

blueblood70

Reaction score
mr Shabazz---i have attempted to make it clear ...i am a straight up "HOMER"....i know ol Dak has lost confidence....but 2021 a year after injury Dak set
cowboy record for TD's with 37-10 INTs...how soon we forget too...losing Cooper is what front office screwed up on...pay a 1st in 2018 we were 3-5 and
were 7-1 last 8 games and beat Seahawks wild card...yes we lost by 8 against Rams who ran wild on us in divisional game...that was not Daks fault
i agree Dak taken a step back last two years....but Amari Cooper even not showing up some games made opposing teams double team him which
led to other receivers being more open....i will agree 49ers have our number right now....we also have a third string QB 49ers gave up 3 #1's...maybe
he just needs time to develop?....all 32 teams did not realize how Purdy was....mr irrelevant last pick in draft playing like Montana?...no one knows
as much as they think...so i choose to go opotomistic rather than Debbie Downer....plus i am certified crazy...Go-Cowboys...we win tonight one game back
and not even half way through season..then if we beat Sheagles back on top....its not impossible?...i cannot let clock run out on patience...that is attitude
if we let circumstances dictate our attitude that makes us snow flakes....cause they always go up and down???
:hammer:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You sure?

What we have seen "over and over"...is this team allowing the "hate wagon" a ton of giddy-up and go.

It's not just a loss.....it's cowboys players big tough talk then come away with an arse whupping.

I think empty talk and promises have every bit as much to do with it as embarrassing poop our pants losses.

Proof

Reaction score
after the Cowboys 3 wins I’ve seen a very high level of positivity here, however there were some of us that were concerned about the offense trading FGs for TDs and we voiced our concerns

we were jumped on by the homers that require 100% blind fandom which means zero tolerance for critical thinking and criticism …………I believe the entire free world of unbiased observers are now in agreement that we have problems here.

I have no issue with fans who wish to see the team through rose colored glasses and I have no problem with fans who only see the worst in our team …….just as long as they don’t dictate how everybody else should feel about the team. It’s really just that simple.

see a over-positive or over- critical post and it triggers someone?……here’s a suggestion; just don’t go into it!
to be honest, there’s like a number of posters I can count on one hand that offer level headed critical observations. majority focus on negativity or try to be (hostily) contrarian. Or go the sarcastic route like yourself and get surprised and act like victims when it elicits a response.

Creeper

Reaction score
If performance does not equal expectations there will be a reaction. Expectations were high for Dallas considering the offseason acquisitions of Gilmore and Cooks, while retaining most of their talent elsewhere, but so far the offense has underperformed and the defense has had two (out of 5) horrendous games. I think by most measures they are underperforming and the way SF just manhandled them was totally unexpected.

Hence the (over)reaction. It is hard to figure out what this team is right now. Are they good? or are they average.

There are two things that keep sticking in my head from last week.

1. The Cowboys are 3-10 against West Coast teams since 2018. They are 9-15 since 2016 with 4 of those wins coming in 2017. Is there something about playing West coast teams?
2. Both losses this year came on the road on real grass fields. Maybe this thing about grass fields is true. They are 0-2 on grass this season and were 0-5 on grass last season including the playoff loss to the 49ers. In 2021, they were 3-3 on grass including the playoffs. So in 3 years they are 3-10 on real grass.

These are both more superstition than anything else, but if the losses in these two categories continue to increase, it will become more compelling.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Take the emotion out of the decision.

The focus is on Dak this year and for the money he hasn't produced the results this team needs.
Seems simple, start the process of looking for a solution. What else is left, the coach?