Maybe cool Jets blasting Dak

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Totally lost me at the "Here is a take from ESPN...." I don't care about stats. I don't care about, well gee, we scored lots of points this year or that year. I don't care to give a lame coach 7 more years to become a better coach. I don't care to wait another 5 years for a bad QB to suddenly get better when he is already paid like one of the best in the NFL while getting punked by QBs who won't even be in the NFL in 5 years. I don't care about casual fans who love the "relax" threads. I want to win. I want to be more than "in the mix" every year. Unlike many fans who are content with Jerry's version of success, I want to take the next step, and I'm angry that we never do. So if you want to "slow your roll", more power to you. But this is just another whining thread telling adults to not be so harsh, please.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
after the Cowboys 3 wins I’ve seen a very high level of positivity here, however there were some of us that were concerned about the offense trading FGs for TDs and we voiced our concerns

we were jumped on by the homers that require 100% blind fandom which means zero tolerance for critical thinking and criticism …………I believe the entire free world of unbiased observers are now in agreement that we have problems here.

I have no issue with fans who wish to see the team through rose colored glasses and I have no problem with fans who only see the worst in our team …….just as long as they don’t dictate how everybody else should feel about the team. It’s really just that simple.

see a over-positive or over- critical post and it triggers someone?……here’s a suggestion; just don’t go into it!
WOW WOW WOW WOW ARE YOU SERIOUS?????? GREATEST POST OF YOUR ENTIRE LIFE, nothing else needs to be said

shabazz

Reaction score
to be honest, there’s like a number of posters I can count on one hand that offer level headed critical observations. majority focus on negativity or try to be (hostily) contrarian. Or go the sarcastic route like yourself and get surprised and act like victims when it elicits a response.
“I have no issue with fans who wish to see the team through rose colored glasses and I have no problem with fans who only see the worst in our team …….just as long as they don’t dictate how everybody else should feel about the team. It’s really just that simple.”

this was my exact quote. What part about that implies that I’m a victim? Or sarcastic? Or surprised?

It merely states that I have infinite tolerance for a broad spectrum of viewpoints. it further states that forum members shouldn't be coerced into feeling a certain kind of way because someone doesn’t agree with it.

Nothing more….nothing less

If someone here wants groupthink and censorship perhaps they should be on the truth squad at Fakebook and Youtube……..there’s a little sarcasm for you. Very little.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak-prescott-dak.gif
wake up leader...can you hear me?....leader........

rambo2

Reaction score
it’s not a new wave of “Hate”. It’s a new wave of realization.

As in real life there’s always a group of folks that are the last to “get it”.

Not personal……just business. The clock has run out on patience.
They are 3 and 2 and favored to be 4 and 2 and the 49ers and the Eagles have injury issues. That's realization.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Totally lost me at the "Here is a take from ESPN...." I don't care about stats. I don't care about, well gee, we scored lots of points this year or that year. I don't care to give a lame coach 7 more years to become a better coach. I don't care to wait another 5 years for a bad QB to suddenly get better when he is already paid like one of the best in the NFL while getting punked by QBs who won't even be in the NFL in 5 years. I don't care about casual fans who love the "relax" threads. I want to win. I want to be more than "in the mix" every year. Unlike many fans who are content with Jerry's version of success, I want to take the next step, and I'm angry that we never do. So if you want to "slow your roll", more power to you. But this is just another whining thread telling adults to not be so harsh, please.
This deserved a 'like'. Been saying the same for many years only to be told I should just sit back and enjoy the ride. To hell with that - If you aren't in it to win the whole damn thing then get the blankety blank blank out of here.

CWR

Reaction score
"Slow Our Roll." A CowboysZone mantra mentioned countless times since 2004 and never followed.

It's week 6. We win either way. We see improvement or we part ways with our problems. That's the beauty of KM leaving.

CWR

Reaction score
They are 3 and 2 and favored to be 4 and 2 and the 49ers and the Eagles have injury issues. That's realization.

It may be a decade from now, but when we do actually break through I can 1000% guarantee there will be equal doubters. That will not change. Which is why their opinions mean absolutely nothing.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fortunately, dak should have a good night tonight. This defense is about as bad as the giants. So tomorrow the love fest can start over again, and can continue through the bye week!!

If he has a repeat of his last performance, there won't be any hate for that either! Because he'll be replaced after the bye a week :thumbup:

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
If performance does not equal expectations there will be a reaction. Expectations were high for Dallas considering the offseason acquisitions of Gilmore and Cooks, while retaining most of their talent elsewhere, but so far the offense has underperformed and the defense has had two (out of 5) horrendous games. I think by most measures they are underperforming and the way SF just manhandled them was totally unexpected.

Hence the (over)reaction. It is hard to figure out what this team is right now. Are they good? or are they average.

There are two things that keep sticking in my head from last week.

1. The Cowboys are 3-10 against West Coast teams since 2018. They are 9-15 since 2016 with 4 of those wins coming in 2017. Is there something about playing West coast teams?
2. Both losses this year came on the road on real grass fields. Maybe this thing about grass fields is true. They are 0-2 on grass this season and were 0-5 on grass last season including the playoff loss to the 49ers. In 2021, they were 3-3 on grass including the playoffs. So in 3 years they are 3-10 on real grass.

These are both more superstition than anything else, but if the losses in these two categories continue to increase, it will become more compelling.
It’s real. Cowboys team is more affected than opponents on real grass.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but...2021 and 2022...Dallas Cowboys scored more points back to back seasons in franchise history...and this was after Daks injury

yards but had the best red zone offense. The Cowboys scored 530 and 467 points, respectively, their best back-to-back production in franchise history".....lets give
big Mike a little more time adjusting His offense and play calling....and Dak more time to raise his level of performance...Dak is not a quitter and takes responsibility
All that is window dressing. The problem was scoring all those points didn't lead to W's in the playoffs. That is why changes were made. Leading the league is scoring is what you pat your back with. Being the leading money making in professional sports is something you pat you back with. NONE of those help to win in the playoffs.

Dak doesn't need any more time to raise his level of performance. He has the longest tenure of any starting QB with their team in the league. It's year 8. How many more years does he need? I guess 2 more because Garrett was in training for 10 years. Dak taking responsibility for anything means nothing. Because nothing ever changes.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I have a lot of reasons for being displeased with Dak besides this game.

One, his accuracy hasn't improved in 8 years. But he keeps telling us he's working on it. That's bull. You can't be working on something that much and that hard and not getting better.

Two, Booger tells us Dak is helping construct the offense. First thing should go in is the thing he does well.if the best he has produces three three and outs and three picks what does that say about the thing he can't do as well? With his chance to showcase his best in front of a national audience and the NFL he tossed away 6 possessions. And you don't get enough of those in any game to waste them

Third he chose to tell CeeDee to come to him with problems. More BS. That allows him to control the narrative it tells Booger he's a leader and a problem solver. And comes into contract discussions.

All this tells you Dak is a pretender, not a contender. He is what he is.....a talker who can't walker the walk.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The 49ers playoff losses have led to reactionary decisions. After 2021 they got rid of Amari (the WR corp got worse). After 2022 it was time for Kellen to go.

So far, the offense is worse. I think we can all guess the next head that will roll if this season doesn't meet the owner's expectations.

It won't necessarily fix anything, though.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I say let people full on bash Dak if they so choose. Really one of two things are going to happen as the year goes on....either Dak and the rest of this offense turns it around or things continue to spiral out of control. Those full on bashers will either look really stupid or be able to say 'Told you so'. Either way it really shouldn't affect anyone sleeping at night, Dak included. Dak is going to get every opportunity to prove himself this year and until the Cowboys are convinced to either give Lance a shot (still a long ways off) or give Dak a new extension it's all just week to week noise. Dak will sink or swim based on what he does on the field over the next several weeks, not because of anything said on CowboyZone.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
One, his accuracy hasn't improved in 8 years. But he keeps telling us he's working on it. That's bull. You can't be working on something that much and that hard and not getting better.
he works on that at the house throwing at trash cans, then on Madden. He's a beast on Madden, he's down to 15 INT'S a game.