Mazi leaves practice with trainer

gtb1943

Reaction score
Despite all the negative comments, he is still the best DT they have besides Osa. We cannot afford to lose him at this point because there is no one else.
Honestly how much worse can it get?

Shane612

Reaction score
Despite all the negative comments, he is still the best DT they have besides Osa. We cannot afford to lose him at this point because there is no one else.
:lmao:

If that's true, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, it's a sad state of affair for the Coybows.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Mazi is not the one blame for being selected in the 1st round by that intrepid football guy of Highland Park.

shabazz

Reaction score
Don't worry, if Mazi fails, Jerry and Stephen won't draft another defensive tackle in the first round in the foreseeable future.
It's been over 30 years between the last time they took a DT in the 1st round.

Jerry will never see one picked at that spot again

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dana: If the Cowboys are going to be able to stop the run, it starts with the DTs. Last week was a pretty poor performance from them and it affected the rest of the defense, especially the LBs trying to come up and fill multiple gaps. The Cowboys have made a move to hopefully help in that area, adding Carlos Watkins to replace Jordan Phillips (IR). Watkins takes pride in stopping the run and wants to help lead in that room. He had a great season in 2021 with the Cowboys and is hoping to get back on track after surgery last season. Outside of bringing in Watkins, the entire team needs to make sure that the effort, execution, and discipline are on full display.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...mar-jackson-micah-parsons-demarvion-overshown

No maybe's right now for the coaches. They made the selections and now are accountable until they handle the run.

This game is fully accountable because Dak Prescott is a shrinking violet on his own, or he could win on his side. Never does, never has now, when fully challenged.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dana: If the Cowboys are going to be able to stop the run, it starts with the DTs. Last week was a pretty poor performance from them and it affected the rest of the defense, especially the LBs trying to come up and fill multiple gaps. The Cowboys have made a move to hopefully help in that area, adding Carlos Watkins to replace Jordan Phillips (IR). Watkins takes pride in stopping the run and wants to help lead in that room. He had a great season in 2021 with the Cowboys and is hoping to get back on track after surgery last season. Outside of bringing in Watkins, the entire team needs to make sure that the effort, execution, and discipline are on full display.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...mar-jackson-micah-parsons-demarvion-overshown

No maybe's right now for the coaches. They made the selections and now are accountable until they handle the run.

This game is fully accountable because Dak Prescott is a shrinking violet on his own, or he could win on his side. Never does, never has now, when fully challenged.

If the defensive ends and tackles hold up front and having either DeMarvion Overshown or Marist Liufau spying in the middle...

It is a home game.

Zordon

Reaction score
The reality is we can bang on Mazi all we want (I literally almost typed Taco) but the thing is he literally came out and said "I don't like football". So naturally the football savants running the team went ahead and torched a 1st round pick on him. His play makes me believe him, and by the way I don't believe you can be good at any sport you don't love unless you are Uber talented. He doesn't and isn't.
He did not even play single down for us before he let it be known he doesn’t like football. Somehow this slipped by this team’s pre-draft evals? I shouldn’t be surprised considering this pathetic front office also sat down and interviewed TJ Watt and Taco Charlton and came away thinking Taco was the better fit.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He did not even play single down for us before he let it be known he doesn’t like football. Somehow this slipped by this team’s pre-draft evals? I shouldn’t be surprised considering this pathetic front office also sat down and interviewed TJ Watt and Taco Charlton and came away thinking Taco was the better fit.
That 2017 draft was my final confirmation that this front office has no idea what they are doing.