Mazi Smith best game so far?

Smith22

Reaction score
Tap the brakes. Let's see how he does against the Steelers. Did I do that right, rain on the thread? :lmao:

I was very pleased he had a great game. Gives him more confidence going forward.
To be fair, he got roasted the last few games (rightfully so), so if he earned some shine for 1 night let him get his shine.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
So he is capable after all! But why the inconsistency? Truly awful one week, kicking *** another

CWR

Reaction score
So he is capable after all! But why the inconsistency? Truly awful one week, kicking *** another
Last year was a throw away season. I don't know what he could have gained losing all that weight and then being forced into a position he wasn't built to play. Maybe this year is more of a rookie ups and downs type of year. I dunno.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I was impressed tonight with Mazi. I have felt he was a bust tonight is more of what I’d hoped for

Doesn’t count though because it was the giants at least that’s what the softball experts in here tell me
Lol the Giants are a horrible team. Mazi had a good game, but let's see he does these next few games

FoxF

Reaction score
DT’s usually take a couple of years before they get good, so will hold judgment until next year. But good to see some progress!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You just never know when the light will come on for a guy. If this is that time for Mazi then we are in for a treat because nobody that strong should lose many matchups so if he has figured out how to use leverage and technique to take advantage of that strength he gonna be a goodun.

khiladi

Reaction score

I saw this and was like o_O:oops:

I didn’t see the game, so can’t make a full judgment.

Center completely whiffed and gave him a wide open path. He’s too slow off the snap, even here he looks lead-footed.

Giants are bad in the run. 28th in yards, 29 in Y/A, 24th in TDs and 20th in attempts.

And the precious two games, those offenses were exploiting the edges with speed and over-pursuit.

Last edited:

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
A couple of times.....he literally slapped his guy to the ground....He's got incredible strength. Think he's finally figuring it out...how to shed blockers.....then hustle to the football.
Oh nice! I do remember the first big play he made was mostly by the linemen disengaged early to get to a lb

starfan1

Reaction score
Lol the Giants are a horrible team. Mazi had a good game, but let's see he does these next few games
so is cleveland im told but he sucked then. I am not a Mazi apologist and i if had my way this team wouldn't draft another player from Michigan. But last night was more of what I hoped for so Ill be encouraged. I dont believe hell play that well against lines like philly but not many teams do.

got to take the wins when they come

RS12

Reaction score
Mazi"s biggest problem seems to be above the neck. Lets see if he finally cured that going foreward. Maybe he found a "love of football".

Rayman70

Reaction score
Shmitz is a helluva Center. He made him look bad last night. Mazi had a really nice game. He looks much quicker off the snap nd seems to have good instincts. I think he has an NFL future. It just takes patience when developing a DT in the NFL. Kid has brute power and is learning how to use it as she goes. I credit HIM and the dline coach.

quickccc

Reaction score
Is mazi now this good...or is the giants' interior OL and scheme just this bad..??

Regardless I'll easily take this performance and place it on the shelf.

Ken

Reaction score
I didn’t see the game, so can’t make a full judgment.

Center completely whiffed and gave him a wide open path. He’s too slow off the snap, even here he looks lead-footed.

Giants are bad in the run. 28th in yards, 29 in Y/A, 24th in TDs and 20th in attempts.

And the precious two games, those offenses were exploiting the edges with speed and over-pursuit.
Oh...Mr. Expert Negativity is here. :rolleyes:

He admits he didn't see the game....then craps on a great play anyway. He is consistent at least.

Ken

Reaction score
Is mazi now this good...or is the giants' interior OL and scheme just this bad..??

Regardless I'll easily take this performance and place it on the shelf.
I think he is our best DT. Osa just not doing it for me this year....

I said something on here about the Ravens game where he played 47 snaps or 73% of the plays. He got better later in the game. I mentioned he may have figured something out.

Then he proves that he did this game.