Mazi Smith best game so far?

Praxit

Reaction score
>>>>>About Time<<<< ..maybe this is just it. His breakout game. ;)..

blueblood70

Reaction score
>>>>>About Time<<<< ..maybe this is just it. His breakout game. ;)..
He did have some flashes in the Ravens game I saw at least four or five plays just like that but he's been inconsistent he gets himself turned around and moved a little bit too often but according to Micah Parsons they've been teaching him how to get weekly massages and get this body rebounded and I think he's changing his diet a little bit from what I'm listening in little parts maybe this is him finally getting over the surgeries gaining the weight back trying to get his head back in the game along with his body to follow.

Yes most of this is me just giving opinion but that's what I've been kind of hearing and little pieces each week from what they say about him and he may not be Vince wolf or this dude could just be solid that's what we need.. He's going to have a hell of a time trying to tackle naji Harris this is going to be a whole game that's very similar to the Ravens game they may have a lesser version of the Ravens but the Pittsburgh Steelers have a very similar offensive defense as the Ravens and they have a coach that'll exploit in the smallest way to win a game by one point he don't care they will exploit anything on our team that looks like a weakness especially knowing that Justin fields and naji Harris can pretty much copy the things that Ravens did at a slightly lower level..

Creeper

Reaction score
I said he was improved over last year even if he hasn't been great. Last night he played with more power and aggression. Can he keep it up? Let's hope so.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
He has to be more demonstrative when he’s held. I saw a few plays where there were at at holds as he was shedding the center to make the block and his body language matched what he gets condemned for.

gtb1943

Reaction score
While I am hopeful the light switch got flicked last night...

every dog has his day

Remember Troy Hambrick?

he had like one spectacular game his whole career.

But then he was DB so big difference there

Mazi until this game had not shown anything worth his pick

everyone hold their thumbs

blueblood70

Reaction score
He has to be more demonstrative when he’s held. I saw a few plays where there were at at holds as he was shedding the center to make the block and his body language matched what he gets condemned for.
No it's hard to play an NFL team on the other side that's really big in athletic and then they get away with holds you know how hard it is to fight through holds Parsons going through the same thing where your *** out by the end of the game how about the referees call more holds?

I get what you're saying but you're asking Amanda to fight through a 320 LB tackle cheating and being able to grab you it's almost impossible to fight through an illegal ground that's why they call holding because it affects the whole play by the end of the game you're wore out just like Micah Parsons is constantly tackled held arm barred and there's very little calls and then you look on the other side they're calling ticky tackle holes on like guyton.

That's just to me a ridiculous request and expectation for him to fight through holes it's very difficult you're talking about very big men that already have an advantage in size and they know where the plays going and now they get the hold and you want him to excel through holes no contact the NFL show him all this film on how the Dallas Cowboys are not getting any calls on their defensive line being held constantly mozzie Smith was actually tackled in the Ravens game and he didn't get called, I mean a literal tackle.. But guyton falls on his guy last night and gets a call a big call I mean that would have been field goal range I think it's some of the **** so uneven right now that it gets old the officials need to even this out by the end of the year and they yes last night they did give us some breaks finally but there were still a lot of no calls like in the 1st Dr. CD lamb not only was hands to the face he was hugged on the same play that made us have to put no calls I mean we're talking about an obvious hands to the face mask that twisted them around and then the guy grabs his waist and holds on and there's not a single call

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A couple of times.....he literally slapped his guy to the ground....He's got incredible strength. Think he's finally figuring it out...how to shed blockers.....then hustle to the football.
I sure as hell hope so. For our sanity please just become reliable….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
While I am hopeful the light switch got flicked last night...

every dog has his day

Remember Troy Hambrick?

he had like one spectacular game his whole career.

But then he was DB so big difference there

Mazi until this game had not shown anything worth his pick

everyone hold their thumbs
That’s what’s refreshing. We’ve waited a year to see a sign or something. Some kind of sign.

Ken

Reaction score
Just looked at the snap counts....Mazi had only 26 snaps. I don't get this coaching staff. He played 47 last week (73%) and got better as the game went.
This week he was a consistent force every snap....he gets only 38% of the snaps.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When you're having a season like this, watching the progress of the rookies and young players is the most pleasurable part of the game. At least we got a win this week.
Thats what this season is gonna be about. The progression of the young players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just looked at the snap counts....Mazi had only 26 snaps. I don't get this coaching staff. He played 47 last week (73%) and got better as the game went.
This week he was a consistent force every snap....he gets only 38% of the snaps.
They did Overshown like this too. I don’t understand it.

Reactions: Ken

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I think it depends on the defense called. Which I kind of hate all this substitutions because to me you are bringing a lesser talented guy into the game but I guess it keeps guys fresh. Maybe that's why Mazi looked good? who knows.

Cmac

Reaction score
I'd say it was better as we've been waiting.......but topics of discussion for him: 1. One game is a start, more work and consistency is required. 2. Advise Mazi what "Friendly fire" means.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's completely different that was dumb leaving Overshown out because he can play the whole damn game, he has the energy and the drive but it's not the same almost all teams rotate their interior defensive lines a lot.. Those big dudes just don't have the same game if they're out there the whole game they can't play as hard.. That's why Joseph and Phillips were supposed to help in a rotation and Mazi was supposed to be the starter and has Joseph even played ? because I'm trying to figure out because there are a lot of guys on this team, I don't know their numbers.....

I think soon in the future Phillips will get his chance again they're proving a point to him or I should say making a point that if we bring you back you better play hard or you're getting cut off this team so they put him on IR on purpose let him get his head straight maybe work on getting in better shape and I think they're going to bring him back we need help in the middle Mazi can't play 50 snaps..

I mean I guess when they bring out the snap counts what's the name of that really good nose guard tackle over there in New York how many did he play? Besides the fact also thinking about this the fact is we stopped their run so well they didn't run hardly ever it's very under you know average for a team in attempted runs so maybe they didn't keep Mazi in on passing plays...