Mazi Smith best game so far?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Heck yeah, Mazi Smith was a bull today. Whatever he did before the game and the days leading up to the game he needs to do every week lol
apparently according to Parsons he's been getting more massages and changing his diet a little bit with the help of some of his teammates you know there's a big adjustment the man came off his shoulder surgery gained back 20 plus pounds is it a different defense maybe he's turning the corner or this is just one great game we don't know...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think it depends on the defense called. Which I kind of hate all this substitutions because to me you are bringing a lesser talented guy into the game but I guess it keeps guys fresh. Maybe that's why Mazi looked good? who knows.
That’s a good point too. Maybe the lesser the snaps the better.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I’ve criticized him when he has played poorly, so it’s only right to give him credit when he plays well.

Mazi played his best game and was a consistent factor in the trenches.

My personal favorite moment was him suplexing the RB at the LOS. Violent, aggressive, powerful, and vicious. Exactly what you want from a nasty NT.

Now can he do it consistently?

gtb1943

Reaction score
I’ve criticized him when he has played poorly, so it’s only right to give him credit when he plays well.

Mazi played his best game and was a consistent factor in the trenches.

My personal favorite moment was him suplexing the RB at the LOS. Violent, aggressive, powerful, and vicious. Exactly what you want from a nasty NT.

Now can he do it consistently?
and that is the question; one game does not a career make
BUT for the first time he showed flashes of being a first rd pick

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
and that is the question; one game does not a career make
BUT for the first time he showed flashes of being a first rd pick
Yes. And he clearly has the power to play the position. Can he master the techniques and develop the IQ?

He took a nice step forward last night. Rooting for the kid to reach his potential

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Mazi finally showed me something tonight. This is the guy I thought we were going to get coming out of Michigan.

To be honest he started to play better in the 4th quarter against the Ravens. Something might have finally clicked with him. Mazi looks like a below average starter now instead of a road cone.

pitt33

Reaction score
He did have a nice game.

Good for him.

And I’ve been on record calling him a total bust.

Let’s see how he progresses.

This team desperately needs him to play well. Will help free up the linebackers.

deerhunter11

Reaction score

Mazi finally showed me something tonight. This is the guy I thought we were going to get coming out of Michigan.

YES , That is very good news , Mazy has been playing better of late .Mazy was showing great effort in the Ravens game as well.I recall one play in the Ravens game in particular , where Micah Parsons was giving chase across the field ,but it was Mazy who made the play on the ball carrier .Getting better starts with effort ,and Mazy is showing great effort.

visionary

Reaction score
If he can be consistent, it would be huge

I would wait till at least mid season before we crown him but it is a good sign

deerhunter11

Reaction score
apparently according to Parsons he's been getting more massages and changing his diet a little bit with the help of some of his teammates you know there's a big adjustment the man came off his shoulder surgery gained back 20 plus pounds is it a different defense maybe he's turning the corner or this is just one great game we don't know...
I sure hope so ,because if NoseTackle play improves ,this defense will be much better.Mazy is getting his weight back ,and his strength seems to be improving.