Mazi Smith best game so far?

exciter

Reaction score
I didn’t see the game, so can’t make a full judgment.

Center completely whiffed and gave him a wide open path. He’s too slow off the snap, even here he looks lead-footed.

Giants are bad in the run. 28th in yards, 29 in Y/A, 24th in TDs and 20th in attempts.

And the precious two games, those offenses were exploiting the edges with speed and over-pursuit.
Hell, half the people on this board were screaming to draft that center 2 years ago. Then lamented that we were doomed when the Giants picked him.

gtb1943

Reaction score
so you listen to Broadus at all and think pff is the joke? Lol yea that answer didn't go how you thought it did.

And strum references pff constantly. Lol!
I listen to Sturm when he makes his own judgements
I notice you did not mention Nate
but then I did own you

HungryLion

Reaction score
It’s very encouraging to see.

If Mazi can actually turn into the player we all hoped when he was drafted. It changes the long term trajectory of the defense for sure.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That’s a good point too. Maybe the lesser the snaps the better.

I think we also forget. Mazi had shoulder surgery in the off season

He wasn’t able to do full workouts and conditioning.

Maybe Mazi just needs more time to get healthier from that surgery and get back into peak shape.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I think we also forget. Mazi had shoulder surgery in the off season

He wasn’t able to do full workouts and conditioning.

Maybe Mazi just needs more time to get healthier from that surgery and get back into peak shape.
no, he was considered ready for camp so that excuse does not fly

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I’ve criticized him when he has played poorly, so it’s only right to give him credit when he plays well.

Mazi played his best game and was a consistent factor in the trenches.

My personal favorite moment was him suplexing the RB at the LOS. Violent, aggressive, powerful, and vicious. Exactly what you want from a nasty NT.

Now can he do it consistently?
He started to turn it on in the second half against the Ravens, and carried that effort forward to last night. Not exactly what I'd call consistent, but it's definitely progress. It generally takes 1Ts 2-3 years to peak, and Mazi is at 1 1/4. We just need to see consistent progress, and he should develop into the player we need in the middle of that d-line.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I listen to Sturm when he makes his own judgements
I notice you did not mention Nate
but then I did own you
I don't think you get it. You listen to someone who constantly references "idiots". Would I listen to pff if they constantly referenced Stephen a Smith?

Again, you think you're making points but you sound dumb and too prideful to admit a L so I'll let you do another dumb response to have your precious last word

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Mazi finally showed me something tonight. This is the guy I thought we were going to get coming out of Michigan.

I agree, I almost fell out of my chair when I heard Mazi's name called out on a tackle and when his name was announced again, I thought maybe this dude is finally realizing what he's getting paid to do and that's slamming RBs and disrupting running lanes................ Good job Mazi!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Osa has done next to nothing. Where has Linval Joseph been? Why did we sign him if we aint gonna play him?