Mazi suffers sudden allergic reaction. Might not go to Las Vegas to play Raiders

Creeper

Reaction score
If they hold him out of the game it would be super cautious. I wonder if they know what caused the reaction. Allergies are weird. I ate shrimp my entire life until a few years ago when I had shrimp scampi and the next day I looked like Mr. Potatohead with welts all over my body. That was a mild reaction. Some people wind up unable to breath and it is very serious.

Creeper

Reaction score
2 of my 3 girls play Rep Hockey and have played through COVID, strep throat, asthma attacks and everything else. If they were in tryouts, nothing would keep them down...no idea if the dude has a runny nose, itchy throat or sneezing relentlessly but sheesh man you are fighting for your life
Its preseason so we do not know if all of this was just a precaution. But allergy attacks can kill. I assume the team doctors know how to deal with an allergy attack like sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes. If they sent him to a hospital for care I assume they were concerned it was systemic which can be very dangerous.

I've been to the emergency room a few times unable to breath because of an allergic reaction to something. It's not fun. The shots of adrenaline or epinephrine are not fun either.

rambo2

Reaction score
I guess the "will be reevaluated in the morning with his game status updated accordingly following that" part of the tweet got passed right over by some.

It was an allergic reaction. He didn't lose a limb. He won't need surgery. He isn't going on IR. Perspective needed in heavy doses already.

He may play, he may not play. We won't know until Saturday morning. In the mean time, please continue with the overreactions.
This place is a joke.

Flamma

Reaction score
Where all the Maxi defenders now? Just a hope and a prayer on scrubs suddenly getting better the next year. Like Mike "I'll be better" McCarthy suddenly knowing how to clock manage.
I don't think anyone defended his play. Most just said DTs don't always show up year 1. It's no more complicated than that. There are plenty of DTs right now making a lot of money that didn't show up year 1.