Mazi weighs 310lbs from being 293lbs

Jfconrow

Reaction score
He could lose 5 or 10 in camp alone. His weight doesn’t change the problem that he doesn’t fire off the ball at the snap. He’s going to have to make the difference in some games and have a few big plays every game to justify the 1st round pick. If he’s just average I think he gets cut because he’s too expensive.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Trust me , Mazi going from 293 lbs to 310 lbs is Mazi eating a few Golden Corral’s and not taking a dump. This is a big ball of nothing.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Only one photo, but to me he just doesn't look like a NT. More like a short 3T.

But we'll see...
If you watched the video of him practicing, his size looks to be on par with the other NT types on the team. I'd rather him be a little larger than he is, but what's really going to matter is his strength. Part of the billing on Mazi was that he was a very strong player. Don't know how the shoulder surgery has affected that.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Personally, I'd feel much better if Mazi decided to continue to gain weight to about 325 or so. Seems like he needs it to anchor better, imho.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
In the AA gap scheme that MZim uses, don’t the DTs play in the B gaps?

Does he need to be that heavy? He won’t be taking on C/G every snap.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
:huh:

How is it so easy to see? He's been a Cowboy for all of 15 months and was easily the top 2-3 players extremely mismanaged last year.

Given what we have seen and heard this off season so far, it sounds like everything is going in the right direction now. But you come up with that post???
Oh

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He could lose 5 or 10 in camp alone. His weight doesn’t change the problem that he doesn’t fire off the ball at the snap. He’s going to have to make the difference in some games and have a few big plays every game to justify the 1st round pick. If he’s just average I think he gets cut because he’s too expensive.
Too expensive? The guy is making $1.3M this year. Mazi will not be a big play difference maker, it's just not the type of player he is. As long as Mazi is commanding double teams and keeping LBs clean he's doing his job. There really is no shame in being an average player as a tail end of the 1st rounder. This team just needs him to not be another Taco or Bobby Carpenter type of miss.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Just a shame we are counting on this guy so heavily. We don’t even know if he is an nfl player…let alone an nfl starter.

I am all for giving young players room to grow but their inaction at the defensive line this offseason was malpractice.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

For those who think weight was an issue. Broaddus also said he was lining up with the ones on Voch podcast.

The guy has an uncureable illness. It will only get better if he loses weight.

He is way too slow and plays soft. I dont think being heavier changes anything for him.

Just a bad bad pick.

Bagman

Reaction score
I don’t trust this guy. I hope im wrong but, he doesn’t seem like an NFL ready player.
I agree. He reminds me of a guy putting in just enough time to qualify for a pension. Like he's just going through the motions. No real passion for the game. Does he even like football?

CWR

Reaction score
At 1 tech I would think occupying blockers and collapsing the pocket wouldn't be as heavily reliant on firing off the ball. It doesn't seem a fatal flaw given his job description, but what do I know?