Twitter: McCarthy: Dak is not in a slump

Rayman70

Reaction score
Does Daks slump coincide with injuries? Me thinks so. I think also he took a step back when we inserted Gallup for Wilson. They were REALLY clicking well in camp and during the year. I think that was a mistake taking him out. Right now I think Turner is better than Gallup and should be starting.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There is an old saying.
Don't pee on my leg and try to tell me it's just raining.

Dak IS in a slump.
He has not been the same since his calf injury.
He has also not been the same as far as running the ball this year.
In the past when things were not going well he would escape the pressure make a great running play and that would spark the team.
Right now he is not doing that. He is actively not doing it. There have been a few times when you think he was going to do it but he passes or pulls up.
I think I seen it one time in the washington game that he actually ran and I believe that was sometime after he threw the pick six. I think he tried to make up for it.

With that said. It is pretty clear by looking at his QBR his TD vs INT before the calf injury and after the calf injury and see that he is not the same.

I don't know if he is still hurt physically or he is just playing too tight and thinking too much.

But to say he is not in a slump is lying and wrong.
I don't care if you are the most hardcore dak supporter out there, he is not playing as well as he has this season.
Check out his individual game logs, it may offer a different perspective. There are 4 games that his rating was pretty low. The remaining games he produced at a high level.
And I'm not talking about rushing because there isn't one single game this season he ran more than 40 yards. So, I don't think it's as simple as the calf injury, just my opinion. Prescott deserves criticism, but he's not nearly the only issue on the offense. That's what the vast majority of fans have also suggested. Joe Theismann mentioned it would be 2 years to fully recover from such a serious injury. maybe we all have the perception that he was 100%.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ok so it's WORSE than we think.
^exactly. I think its Daks throwing shoulder and his calf thats causing his overly hesitant play. Explains why he refuses 2 run. My theory is they MAY be instructing him to not run. Kellen Moore needs 2 be better. I expect a heavy Dose of runs this week. Clement and the kid Hardy. Kellen M needs 2 call a Dak friendly game..balance.

LittleD

Reaction score
Uhh, if covid is a fantasy world nearly 800,000 people in our country and millions around the world should stop pretending and come out of their graves. The hospitalized patients gasping for air are just amazing actors.

Covid = severely sick and out of touch.
Dak = fantasy football loser.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easy...
Dak is the best QB in the world and the best investment Jerry has made since ROMO! Jerry speaks and McCarthy listens.

OK. I just didn’t get the Covid reference. Thanks for clarifying.

:thumbup:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
IF, not when, but why would I go away? I'm a Cowboys fan.

My fandom does not rely on Dak playing well or not. That's your guys game, not mine.

The difference this time will be that instead of thinking he turned a corner finally instead I'll just be waiting for the carriage to turn back into the pumpkin. Because with Dak it always does. Fools gold.
IF, not when, but why would I go away? I'm a Cowboys fan.

My fandom does not rely on Dak playing well or not. That's your guys game, not mine.

The difference this time will be that instead of thinking he turned a corner finally instead I'll just be waiting for the carriage to turn back into the pumpkin. Because with Dak it always does. Fools gold.

So when he turns it back around don’t weasel away from your comment that he “sucks” as you did from your irrational Dak hate prior to the season.

Stick with your evaluation.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So when he turns it back around don’t weasel away from your comment that he “sucks” as you did from your irrational Dak hate prior to the season.

Same thing I said..dont come running in here "WOO WE DID IT FELLA'S" "High Five"...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

IF, not when, but like I said I'll always be waiting for the carriage to turn back into the pumpkin. Because Dak cannot consistently play at a high level. He is fools gold. Always.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Same thing I said..dont come running in here "WOO WE DID IT FELLA'S" "High Five"...
If we actually win a Super Bowl you bet I'll be here celebrating and I hope that it bothers you.

I asked you yesterday, if you're so confident in Dak why don't you go to Vegas and put some money on him leading the Cowboys to the Super Bowl and get a nice load of cash in the process? You wouldn't do that though, because you don't really believe in him. You just play a role because you think you have to blindly support him instead of being honest about him.

If you could Dak take and the Cowboys or the field. You'd take the field for the rest of Dak's career. You don't believe in him. You just think you have too.

lukin2006

Reaction score
The owner says yes, the coach says no…what a dysfunctional mess.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If we actually win a Super Bowl you bet I'll be here celebrating and I hope that it bothers you.

I asked you yesterday, if you're so confident in Dak why don't you go to Vegas and put some money on him leading the Cowboys to the Super Bowl and get a nice load of cash in the process? You wouldn't do that though, because you don't really believe in him. You just play a role because you think you have to blindly support him instead of being honest about him.

If you could Dak take and the Cowboys or the field. You'd take the field for the rest of Dak's career. You don't believe in him. You just think you have too.

Ooh shut up with your "bet your house on it" schoolyard crap, you sound like and idiot kid. Again youve made it very known you dont think this team can win, its not a suprise, times get tough and you come undone. If they win I will celebrate it and laugh as you try and walk back your ridiculous comments. If they dont they dont...your not some sevant by playing the field in the SB odds ..again get a Cowboy fan role model

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Positive attitude and responses from the man in charge. What did y’all expect? I never call my employees out publicly. You do it in private and constructively. It’s what’s expected from a level headed leader and it earns you respect from the rest of your crew. These private meetings have to be tough and ask the tough questions head on. Magic Mike has been here before. I said it earlier, this is where Magic Mike is gonna prove his worth and why he was hired to be the head coach. Let’s see if he can do it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ooh shut up with your "bet your house on it" schoolyard crap, you sound like and idiot kid. Again youve made it very known you dont think this team can win, its not a suprise, times get tough and you come undone. If they win I will celebrate it and laugh as you try and walk back your ridiculous comments. If they dont they dont...your not some sevant by playing the field in the SB odds ..again get a Cowboy fan role model
If you really believed in him then you'd be trying to gain something from it. You don't believe in him though. You just act like you do because you're scared of being honest because you see other get ridiculed for being honest.

I should be your Cowboys role model. Because I say what you really think.