McCarthy is Awful

jnday

Reaction score
Hey, fans, what's wrong with the success we've enjoyed with this team? Why doesn't that inspire all of us to appreciate the job that McCarthy has done in these first two games? We're playing far better than we have in many years. Yet somehow, we choose to knock MM like he's failing miserably to lead this team into playing great vs. some top teams. Let's give credit when and where it's due. Be fans, not critics! Being fair isn't asking too much. o_O
He should get all the credit for not winning against a Bucs team that played a very sloppy game. That was a very winnable game against a championship team that didn’t play very well. The Bucs will peak towards the end of the season when it really counts. They are very beatable now and Dallas didn’t take advantage of it. If you want fairness, his coaching from last season should be included when evaluating him and he made some in-game coaching decisions that was worse than Garrett.

jnday

Reaction score
In pro football these guys only respond if they are afraid for their $$$$$, Jimmy let it be known he won't be BSing around playing silly *** games. You better deliver or you are gone, gotta respect that and they did.
Emmitt has said that he never felt that his job was secure when Jimmy was coaching him. That speaks volumes when the star players feared losing their jobs.

jnday

Reaction score
No. Campo was awefull.
Campo was put into one of the worse positions possible when he took the HC job. He knew it and Jerry knew it. He had no talent to work with and the salary cap prevented him from bringing in any talent. He really did Jerry a big favor taking the job. He knew that his reputation would be ruined when he took the job. He was a very good DC, but nobody could have done a better job considering the circumstances.

plasticman

Reaction score
In the late 50's the New York Giant Head Coach was Jim Lee Howell. He was never considered particularly impressive either, although his team went to three NFL championship games. Like McCarthy, he was more of a manager, a delegator.

Of course, that's not difficult to do when your offensive coordinator is Vince Lombardi and your defensive coordinator is Tom Landry.

It's the results that count. Sometimes the method involves just not getting in the way. There's actually a skill set involved with that. I wish Jerry would learn that.

RaZon

Reaction score
Emmitt has said that he never felt that his job was secure when Jimmy was coaching him. That speaks volumes when the star players feared losing their jobs.

In the pros it's all about that $$$$$$, I know they try to do the rah rah rah thing but everybody knows the bottom line.....$$$$$. Making Jimmy happy a real big deal, he got 100% out of his teams, he just had.....it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
At Friday's press conference, Big Mike seemed to be a little short with the virtual press members asking the questions.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We won the game, but McCarthy was coaching like a loser.
Yeah if that kick curves left and just barely goes outside of left pole, where say 5 yards closer and it would have been good, then media and others
would blast him, if they also lost in overtime.
The thing is people have a short and clouded memory.
They only remember the last thing that happens in a win.

The avg fan thinks it was a great and exciting win! Cowboys looked good !

I just watched the game again, and was already thinking the cowboys didnt play that great, in the 2nd half.
Cowboys only scored 2 fg's after the first quarter ! thats it 0 in 2nd, then 2 fg in 2nd half.
That is not very good for what is supposed to be a offensive power house. And they were playing the chargers, not some good playoff team
from last year.

I will say this though cowboys played great the first qtr, and that is why they won the game, was 2 drives for td's, not fg's.
also they were more balanced in play calling, less passing more runs.

But the thing that I noticed was ALL THE PENALTYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow never saw a game with that many penaltys !
Every time the chargers had a big play lol, PENALTY ! come on back lol. poor guys, the refs just beat them down with all the penaltys.
I started wondering if refs were supposed to make chargers lose? And even romo and gene and nance said some were picky calls and some were just bad calls.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Campo was put into one of the worse positions possible when he took the HC job. He knew it and Jerry knew it. He had no talent to work with and the salary cap prevented him from bringing in any talent. He really did Jerry a big favor taking the job. He knew that his reputation would be ruined when he took the job. He was a very good DC, but nobody could have done a better job considering the circumstances.

We no QB.

the defense was good though.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
This season is this season, it has no carryover from the past. And we played two very good teams and almost beat them both. On the road.

Complaining about a poor decision a week later (even though we won) is useless. If it happens in the same nature, feel free to complain, but this is common across the league in the NFL.

So you see teams constantly making poor decisions and have terrible time management? If you do, you are most likely looking at a bad team.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I agree. I was not happy about several things that transpired during the first two games which were avoidable. I was called out for not enjoying the win my comment was as yours that if we don't fix these cluster Fs then we are.going to lose more games because of it. It's aboutaking the right decisions at critical times to win close games which is most NFL games.

People seem to think complaining about poor decision making and execution means we aren't happy about the win. Nothing could be further from the truth. But if this team is going to be a legitimate contender, it can't do that against better teams. It will catch up to them.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
We got the win down 5 starters on the road against a good team. Nothing short sighted about it. The roster also got better after he arrived.

No one is unhappy with the win. But that crap ain't gonna fly against a good team. More special team's gaffes. Horrible clock management. Playing for FG's. We are extremely lucky to be 1-1. I think this team has much more talent than we think.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So you see teams constantly making poor decisions and have terrible time management? If you do, you are most likely looking at a bad team.
Exaggerate how bad it was so you have an excuse to complain?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Making excuses is such a Cowboys thing to do. You are probably sad that Garrett is gone.
So you don't actually have a valid point or argument, you just want to make stupid assumptions. Got it.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
So you don't actually have a valid point or argument, you just want to make stupid assumptions. Got it.

I do have a valid point. Well coached teams don't constantly make stupid mistakes. Sure, it happens occasionally to every team. It happens to this team pretty much every game.

So what is your point? That they don't make dumb mistakes? That McCarthy is a huge upgrade as a gameday manager? That dumb mistakes won't lead to losses in games we should win?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I do have a valid point. Well coached teams don't constantly make stupid mistakes. Sure, it happens occasionally to every team. It happens to this team pretty much every game.

So what is your point? That they don't make dumb mistakes? That McCarthy is a huge upgrade as a gameday manager? That dumb mistakes won't lead to losses in games we should win?
Sure. Whatever shuts you up, you seem miserable. Have a great day!

RS12

Reaction score
Dont know if any of you were listening to count down to kickoff on ESPN radio this morning around 10:50 AM central time but they were railing on McCarthy, just killing him. Was shocked when I heard the words idiot and meathead used to describe his intelligence and coaching. Yes this happened.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
If Big Mike wins the division , which is likely, some mass media folks will have a tough time proving their point then .