McCarthy OTA Press Conference

DandyDon52

Reaction score
due to league rules, ota's and even TC is a bit of a joke now days.
Only in PS games do they move at full speed in a game environment. For those that play lol.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
The projected offensive line according to what he’s seeing in practice is a bad one in my opinion. NOT any ‘Best 5’ in their best position that’s for sure.

:thumbdown:
yeah, I don't like it. Feels like either there is some gap between fan and coaches evaluation of Steele or perhaps they're worried about his timeline after injury.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The projected offensive line according to what he’s seeing in practice is a bad one in my opinion. NOT any ‘Best 5’ in their best position that’s for sure.

:thumbdown:
If Steele isn't out there, then it makes sense for Tyron to be at RT as he's the next option. When Steele returns, if Tyron remains the starting RT, then there's a problem. I don't think the team has to practice Tyron at LT or Tyler at LG for those two to be ready to contribute at those positions, but the footwork at RT is something Tyron needs reps at. Our best line is Tyron-Tyler-Biadasz-Martin-Steele. Our line without Steele is probably Tyler-Edoga/Farniok-Biadasz-Martin-Tyron.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah, I don't like it. Feels like either there is some gap between fan and coaches evaluation of Steele or perhaps they're worried about his timeline after injury.
And it feels like they’re ‘forcing’ things. Tyler at left guard, Tyron at right tackle.

817Gill

Reaction score
And it feels like they’re ‘forcing’ things. Tyler at left guard, Tyron at right tackle.
One of the more credible Cowboys reporters (forget who off the top of my head) said that their dream scenario would be Tyler Smith/Edoga/Tyler B/Martin/Steele with Tyron being a swing. He said they believe from the film of Edoga at LG he has a real chance at being a dependable starter (an opinion shared by @xwalker and his film breakdown).

He included they believe this has the potential to be the lineup with the least amount of questions to answer. The only one in that scenario is if Edoga is the player they believe he is. I’m iffy on it but under McCarthy we have had no issues identifying OL talent and have developed younger guys like Steele and Biadisz into real players. So I give them the benefit of the doubt.

The main reason for this is they want to clear a path for Tyler Smith as the future of the LT position. He added that in the case that Edoga cannot do the job, they will be looking to slide Tyler into LG and start Tyron at LT. This lineup the only question is what do you do if/when Tyron gets hurt. Which is answered by Waletzko and Edoga’s performance.

If Waletzko is ready to be a reliable swing then you keep Tyler at LG and throw Wally outside. If it’s Edoga who’s more equipped, you’d throw Tyler to LT and insert Edoga at LG.

Personally, I think the bodies are there for us to have a really good line. It’s literally just up to TC, pre season, and injuries to give us the answer. I think we could potentially be very happy by week 1.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
One of the more credible Cowboys reporters (forget who off the top of my head) said that their dream scenario would be Tyler Smith/Edoga/Tyler B/Martin/Steele with Tyron being a swing. He said they believe from the film of Edoga at LG he has a real chance at being a dependable starter (an opinion shared by @xwalker and his film breakdown).

He included they believe this has the potential to be the lineup with the least amount of questions to answer. The only one in that scenario is if Edoga is the player they believe he is. I’m iffy on it but under McCarthy we have had no issues identifying OL talent and have developed younger guys like Steele and Biadisz into real players. So I give them the benefit of the doubt.

The main reason for this is they want to clear a path for Tyler Smith as the future of the LT position. He added that in the case that Edoga cannot do the job, they will be looking to slide Tyler into LG and start Tyron at LT. This lineup the only question is what do you do if/when Tyron gets hurt. Which is answered by Waletzko and Edoga’s performance.

If Waletzko is ready to be a reliable swing then you keep Tyler at LG and throw Wally outside. If it’s Edoga who’s more equipped, you’d throw Tyler to LT and insert Edoga at LG.

Personally, I think the bodies are there for us to have a really good line. It’s literally just up to TC, pre season, and injuries to give us the answer. I think we could potentially be very happy by week 1.
I don't believe there's any scenario where they would not start a healthy Tyron Smith. But I do believe Tyler-Edoga-Biadasz-Martin-Steele is likely to be the starting lineup for the majority of the season. It's just smart not be counting on Tyron to play a full season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I do not see where the faith in Edoga comes from.

The team that drafted him flat out cut him, despite their own offensive line needs.

And the team that claimed him last year didn’t care to make an offer to keep him above the near minimum deal he agreed to with the Cowboys.

I think any faith in Edoga is misplaced.