McCarthy QB School

Proof

Reaction score
Again, he has inflated stats. Also, these "3 guys" played tougher competition. Wilson, Mahomes, Jackson, (whoever else is on that list). Also, do these stats really matter? It's wins that matter most. And Dak only had 8. Mahomes may have had the better coach, but his defense isn't that great either, and we have a superior line, yet he's able to do more with his talent. Wilson carries his team every damn year. Yeah, maybe his stats aren't as good as Dak's, but look at what he's working with. Same as Wentz. They may not have flashy stats, but they did go to the playoffs with less and they look better than Dak despite having less to work with.

You’re naming the best QBs in the league LOL. Sure there are a handful of guys clearly better. Of course there are. That’s a far cry from how you paint him tho. And the thing with you banging the stars don’t matter wins do drum is thst prior to this year he had the wins and not the stats! Either way you want to cut it he’s a great qb. And on what planet did Wentz look better?????? They played nearly the same garbage schedule and Dak utterly destroyed him across the board on top of the Philly fan base damn near revolting against him

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm the problem on this board.

We have entire thread about clapping. But you are cool with that.

Read the original post I responded to again. Yeah, you are the problem. If you weren't then you would answer the question I asked, which was a fair one. You didn't, you avoided it because you knew the answer would get you tossed. You know, as I well as I do, what you were trying to say, what you were trying to start.

Nobody needs that kind of weak BS. You implying that anybody who isn't 100% in the bag for Dak only has that opinion because of "other reasons" is crap. We all know what you are saying and if that's what you believe, fine, believe that but don't try and bring it on this board. We don't need that stuff, just like we don't need the other side of that incredibly stupid argument for incredibly stupid people. I don't care if you like what I say or think, just like I don't care if the people who are the same version of you, except on the other side, like it either. Both sides are worthless.

Everything doesn't have to be about that. People can just watch football or live life and not have every thought or opinion based on all of this racially driven drivel. If that's how you roll, that's fine. You live in your own mess but don't bring it to everybody else on this board. This board didn't used to be that way. I'd like it to never be that way. Don't bring it down.

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Really? So what do you think it's about?

Can I answer that?

Most of the people who hate him are Romo fans, who for some reason blame him for Romo retiring without a ring. (They would never admit it)

Many of the people who hate him are people who had a bad opinion of him to begin with and cannot ,out of ego ,let it go now.

A few people who hate him are just trolls who like to incite others ....... They are my favorite.

A very small percentage are people who for some reason do not like his play style and prefer a traditional pocket passer like Aikman or Marino.

The rest hate him for reasons that are not appropriate for this board and I truly believe they are the smallest amount..... at least on this forum.

LittleD

Reaction score
half truth brah..I mean the dilfers, Flaccos and other in his tier say this is arguable..teams have won with average QB at the helm..

you can win with an average QB paired with agreat run game and defense..

yes Eli as mentioned is tweener but a good example..

I remember Bens first SB and even Wilson to a degree they weren't great that year they were carried bya great run game and defense..they got better later as their careers moved forward..

Dak is as good as Eli for sure and hopefully defense, special teams, and the run game is all utilized better with this new staff to get us over the hump..

as with Romo our defenses and to some degree coahes have wasted oportunuitys for a SB last decade

so hoefully this new staff can not do the same with Dak and Zeke..

Maybe, but he hasn't proved it many yet. He seems to fold in big games especially when pressured. Not sold yet, for sure.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
basically. I may not agree with someone who isn’t a fan, but I can accept it. And there are even some semi valid arguments against him in the hands of an intelligent person. But the lunacy skewed around here is unbelievable
Well put.

LittleD

Reaction score
You’re naming the best QBs in the league LOL. Sure there are a handful of guys clearly better. Of course there are. That’s a far cry from how you paint him tho. And the thing with you banging the stars don’t matter wins do drum is thst prior to this year he had the wins and not the stats! Either way you want to cut it he’s a great qb. And on what planet did Wentz look better?????? They played nearly the same garbage schedule and Dak utterly destroyed him across the board on top of the Philly fan base damn near revolting against him

It's been 25 years since we got to a SB. Don't we deserve another Aikman yet?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Can I answer that?

Most of the people who hate him are Romo fans who for some reason blame him for Romo retiring without a ring. (They would never admit it)

Many of the people who hate him are people who had a bad opinion of him to begin with and cannot out of ego let it go now.

A few people who hate him are just trolls who like to incite others ....... They are my favorite.

A very small percentage are people who for some reason do not like his play style and prefer a traditional pocket passer like Aikman or Marino.

The rest hate him for reasons that are not appropriate for this board and I truly believe they are the smallest amount..... at least on this forum.

No, don't get yourself involved on this one zrin. This may not end well and I don't want you to get yourself messed up over this. Abe knows what he was trying to say with his post, as do I. Hey, I am not a MOD anymore and so it's really not my call to "Call Out" other members like this but, it's still my board just like it is yours and I've been here a very long time. I just don't like the whole racial crap that so many seem to want to interject into sports these days. Used to be that sports were really the one place you could go and at the end of the day, none of that mattered. The only thing that mattered was "Can You Play?"

Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited:

johneric8

Reaction score
He does not have to be. Rodgers has 1 SB there are many other QB not named Rodgers with SB rings. Dak does not have to be Rodgers to win.

Yep, how soon people forget that Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco, Nick Foles, have the same amount of Super Bowl rings as the Great Aaron Rogers.

I'm constantly reminded just how simple minded and judgemental some of you guys are on the forum and that goes to my friend @AmariChill . You guys need to remember that to win a superbowl is a total coaching and team effort so putting everything on the QB and saying things like "Dak isn't a super Bowl winning QB" is not only ignorant but it's laughable. Dak's numbers thus far are up there with the best in his short career, sure his shortcomings will be more glaring when our coaching and defense fails us, but make no mistake about it, the guy is more than good enough when the rest of the team plays well.....

Some of the greatest Qb's of all time have failed to deliver in big games, even Aaron Rogers has lost playoff games where he couldn't get it done. Think about it guys, with Garrett at the helm we have had very few chances, and for those of you who put the Ram's loss on Dak's shoulders and say he didn't carry the team, that is short sighted and ludicrous. The team and coaches have to come to play as well, enough said....

SackMaster

Reaction score
Dak’s not on the same planet with all the QBs listed above including Eli. If you can’t see it, you don’t know what to look for. #s mean nothing unless you’ve got the right wins to go with them. They look good if you play fantasy football but that’s not Super Bowls.
Just like a person with an agenda to add something to a question that was NOT asked about. But I'll try again.

To simplify it more, is Eli Manning better than EVERY QB in NFL History that has less than 2 rings?

Note: This would INCLUDE Dak, Marino, Young, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees ECT... Hopefully that will keep this question on topic.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
No, don't get yourself involved on this one zrin. This may not end well and I don't want you to get yourself messed up over this. Abe knows what he was trying to say with his post, as I do. Hey, I am not a MOD anymore and so it's really not my call to "Call Out" other members like this but, it's still my board just like it is yours and I've been here a very long time. I just don't like the whole racial crap that so many seem to want to interject into sports these days. Used to be that sports were really the one place you could go and at the end of the day, none of that mattered. The only thing that mattered was "Can You Play?"

Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts.

Ok ...... Did not know this was a personal thing ...... I will back away slowly.

My bad.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Just like a person with an agenda to add something to a question that was NOT asked about. But I'll try again.

To simplify it more, is Eli Manning better than EVERY QB in NFL History that has less than 2 rings?

Note: This would INCLUDE Dak, Marino, Young, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees ECT... Hopefully that will keep this question on topic.

You didn't ask me but I will say this, Eli is not nearly as talented (as we all know) as the other QBs you list here. Not in the same hemisphere IMO, but he did win some Bowls so he's going to get some credit. I don't think he's better, not even close but he did do some things very well. When he was on, he was really on and he could catch fire that way. But I'd take every QB on your list, with the possible exception of Rodgers (Who I just don't like) over Eli. I'd take Dak over Eli even though I know Eli wins two Championships for me because you know what, I like Dak. I don't like Eli.

I know, doesn't make any sense but that's what I think.

Big_D

Reaction score
It's been 25 years since we got to a SB. Don't we deserve another Aikman yet?

We also deserve that D, Emmitt, Jimmy Johnson and a smart front office etc . I was a huge Troy Aikman fan. But this team doesn't match that one anywhere. They all made clutch plays, all stepped up and won games. and it started with quality coaching and preparation.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Read the original post I responded to again. Yeah, you are the problem. If you weren't then you would answer the question I asked, which was a fair one. You didn't, you avoided it because you knew the answer would get you tossed. You know, as I well as I do, what you were trying to say, what you were trying to start.

Nobody needs that kind of weak BS. You implying that anybody who isn't 100% in the bag for Dak only has that opinion because of "other reasons" is crap. We all know what you are saying and if that's what you believe, fine, believe that but don't try and bring it on this board. We don't need that stuff, just like we don't need the other side of that incredibly stupid argument for incredibly stupid people. I don't care if you like what I say or think, just like I don't care if the people who are the same version of you, except on the other side, like it either. Both sides are worthless.

Everything doesn't have to be about that. People can just watch football or live life and not have every thought or opinion based on all of this racially driven drivel. If that's how you roll, that's fine. You live in your own mess but don't bring it to everybody else on this board. This board didn't used to be that way. I'd like it to never be that way. Don't bring it down.

Save the lectures for Jr., Gramps.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Save the lectures for Jr., Gramps.

Or somebody who actually gives a damn about this board right? NP, fact is, I'd rather not even have to educate your sorry butt, but since you don't have enough going on to abide by the board rules, I guess I'm stuck with trying to teach you. You know what they say, can't always pick your students.

I'll make you a deal though. Don't bring your racially driven BS on this board and I won't go out of my way to point it out and make a big deal of it. That way, you don't have to get lectured and I don't have to try and teach something that you should already know.

Deal?