McCarthy QB School

SSGMIKE

Reaction score
When Rodgers first started doing this I thought it was just lucky but the more I watched him it's a gift you can't teach
Agree - Rodger had no issue winning game since McCarthy left. So it not the coach its the QB play for Rodgers. Get ready for bunch of 9-7 seasons.

Dak good QB but don't have the it factor in big games, DAK couldn't hit the side of the barn against the Eagles missing wide open Wrs downfield, hopefully McCarthy can improve his game.

CB61

Reaction score
Agree - Rodger had no issue winning game since McCarthy left. So it not the coach its the QB play for Rodgers. Get ready for bunch of 9-7 seasons.
Let's hope not but 9-7 probably win the NFC East and you know what they say once you get in you got a chance LOL

mattjames2010

Reaction score
a lot to work with? D sucked and coaching sucked as usual. Things have to improve drastically in every category. No one on this team shows up in a big moment. They all fail miserably!

The D sucked? I grant you turnovers. They certainly didn't "suck" though, they were ranked pretty well in most categories.

Dak had a good O-line, 2 good WRs and a decent slot receiver and a great RB. His failure in the clutch was not on the coaching staff, especially in the Vikings game where he went to Zeke instead of a wide open Witten for the first down.

Proof

Reaction score
It isn't the whole fanbase that is doing this, it is the extremes on both ends, much like the rest of the country is. Most fans have appreciated the QB's we have had. Remember the Romo discussions, seems like much of the same to me.

oh for sure. Didn’t mean to paint in such broad strokes. Even still tho, Romo has his haters, but I don’t remember people thinking he flat out sucked, or should be a backup etc. just that he wasn’t the answer / choked and what not. This feels considerably different

fansince68

Reaction score
It might be different, but then again, if Rodgers were the QB in Dallas with Garrett and his staff, we might be contending for a Conference Championship. I mean, these kinds of games can be played all day, half the night but the only thing you can know for sure is that the Cowboys are sitting home this year and Rodgers is playing on Sunday. That's really about as much as we can honestly say.
Actually, I can say that the previous coaching staff were sub par and costs us games and the PK was retained despite failing to do the simple things. Im speaking of 32 yrd field goals.

SSGMIKE

Reaction score
Nothing going to change until Jerry steps down as GM, McCarthy just band aid to cover the real problems of the front office.

morat1959

Reaction score
Just like a person with an agenda to add something to a question that was NOT asked about. But I'll try again.

To simplify it more, is Eli Manning better than EVERY QB in NFL History that has less than 2 rings?

Note: This would INCLUDE Dak, Marino, Young, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees ECT... Hopefully that will keep this question on topic.
No he’s not but he was 10 times the QB Dak will ever be. Again to your list...Dak doesn’t belong...rings or no rings. Stats or no stats. He belongs in the group with Jamis Winston.

morat1959

Reaction score
30 TDs that’s not including what he can do rushing wise.

Carson Wentz fans needs to go back to their own forum.
That’s weak although Wentz is better than Dak. I’m not a homer. You need to go back to your fantasy football world. That’s where all Dak defenders come from. Football minds and eyes can see your boy’s MANY flaws. He’s not a very good starting QB in this league. Great back-up for a great team. Starter on average to below average teams. As a starter, everything has to be perfect around him. I don’t really blame you for the football world you live in. You can’t see it and never will because you have no clue what to look for other than stats.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He did nothing in Philly when the season was on the line
By the time of that game the entire team was a mess. Coaches were bickering at each other, players were taking sides, Cooper decided he didn’t want to play. Yet you want to all the blame on Dak with everything else was going on with the rest of the team and the coaching staff? Yes, that’s moronic.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The D sucked? I grant you turnovers. They certainly didn't "suck" though, they were ranked pretty well in most categories.

Dak had a good O-line, 2 good WRs and a decent slot receiver and a great RB. His failure in the clutch was not on the coaching staff, especially in the Vikings game where he went to Zeke instead of a wide open Witten for the first down.
Ohhhh don’t go there with the stats or I’ll throw you that Dak ranked #1 or #2 in QB stats. Can’t have it both ways.

Big_D

Reaction score

How prepared are they? You didn't see key drops I guess? Turnovers are everything. Field position is everything. Special teams was complete garbage. The 'team' never ever steps up in any clutch situation. Not to mention the kicking debacle. Didn't matter if it was Romo at the helm and now Dak. Yes he needs to be better, but lets stop with 'the team was good enough' garbage. Bottom feeders in turnovers, that's a key category. You must have been watching a different team? The problems ran much deeper than 1 player and game management was still crap. You're usual Garrett implosion, that's how every season ends. Sure lets just blame the QB. lol

black label

Reaction score
By the time of that game the entire team was a mess. Coaches were bickering at each other, players were taking sides, Cooper decided he didn’t want to play. Yet you want to all the blame on Dak with everything else was going on with the rest of the team and the coaching staff? Yes, that’s moronic.
yea i know its never his fault

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Ohhhh don’t go there with the stats or I’ll throw you that Dak ranked #1 or #2 in QB stats. Can’t have it both ways.

What other way are you going to judge the defense? I agree with the criticism that the defense lacked getting turnovers. Points and yards allowed were good. Cowboys were ranked 11th. 11th against the run. 10th against the pass.

Individually, Dak simply didn't get the job done in the clutch and he started slow consistently in the first quarter. He helped for the big leads to mount and then racked up garbage yards. Try again.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
How prepared are they? You didn't see key drops I guess? Turnovers are everything. Field position is everything. Special teams was complete garbage. The 'team' never ever steps up in any clutch situation. Not to mention the kicking debacle. Didn't matter if it was Romo at the helm and now Dak. Yes he needs to be better, but lets stop with 'the team was good enough' garbage. Bottom feeders in turnovers, that's a key category. You must have been watching a different team? The problems ran much deeper than 1 player and game management was still crap. You're usual Garrett implosion, that's how every season ends. Sure lets just blame the QB. lol

Which "key drops" are you referring to? Are you also adding in the ones Dak threw behind WRs?

I'm guessing you are.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
yea i know its never his fault
I didn’t say that. I said that the rest of the team had something to do with it as well. As for Dak, he got a pain killing shot not only before the game but also at the half because he had a PARTIALLY TORN LIGAMENT IN HIS THROWING SHOULDER.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I didn’t say that. I said that the rest of the team had something to do with it as well. As for Dak, he got a pain killing shot not only before the game but also at the half because he had a PARTIALLY TORN LIGAMENT IN HIS THROWING SHOULDER.

He should’ve sat out if he had a partially torn ligament, don’t ya think? If it bothered him that badly to the point where it significantly messed with his playing, a 100% Cooper Rush couldn’t have possibly done worse.

He needs to own the fact that
A. His injury bothered him too much
Or, If the injury didn’t bother him B. He needs to say he just didn’t play well.